Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marquez knocks out Pacman! HARD.

Saw the video-thanks. Looks like Pacquiao walking right into it, and Marquez caught him like a lion pouncing on his prey.

If Pac retired then Mayweather is the only big name draw for casual fans. Will we witness the death of PPV boxing?

I thought Ben Pakulski got knocked out LOL I obviously do not follow boxing
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    I thought Ben Pakulski got knocked out LOL I obviously do not follow boxing
    PaC not PaK!
    Those who try to bring you down are clearly beneath you. ~S.Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    PaC not PaK!
    It was an 'at first glance' sort of moment
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Heisenberg.

that knock out had me out of my seat shit was epic

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intenceman View Post
    Youre very good at analyzing. With a bit more flare in your writing, you might really have something.

Thank you.

What ever free time I have, I spend watching boxing clips in slow motion. Sometimes I play them i reverse & slow motion. You'd be amazed as to what becomes apparent.

I didn't give this fight too much thought, because I assumed that they will default each other as usual.

I failed to take into consideration the power of will and determination.
    NYC Golden Gloves...Here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by The Oak View Post
    I swear to God I thought he was dead. I can't get the image of his wife screaming out of my mind. I hope he never fights again.
    As silly as it sounds, it reminded me of when Drago killed Apollo. I mean, he dropped like a sack of meat, didn't move, hysterical wife...I'm glad he was okay.

It was great to see a clear winner after so many controversial decisions.

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

The end of an era. I had a hunch that Pacquiao would lose but didn't envision him getting knocked out. He's spread himself too thin with all of the extra-curricular activities. He'll never be the same

Quote Originally Posted by intenceman View Post
    Saw the video-thanks. Looks like Pacquiao walking right into it, and Marquez caught him like a lion pouncing on his prey.
    He was waiting all night to set that punch up.

That punch was anything but lucky, like some critics claimed.

Marquez tried to land it the first time and cought him with very same right hand, only slightly off in timing, but still managed to knock him down. What did pacman do? bounced up and proceeded to chase down Marquez trying to even the score. ( Personally I think he was trying to show the judges he was fine and get those points).

You'd think Pacman would get the hint this guy is trying to set up that right hand, and the first time he tried he was off slighly and only knocked down. That punch marquez threw was EXACELTLY TIMED.

Marquez got pacman next to ropes( as his trainer instructed him to do because I heard him say something to the effect of hes getting desperate get him on the ropes) allows pacman to fire that jab, and right when pacman extended that jab Marquez had DIRECT eye contact with pacman; meaning marquez was seeing and setting him up.

Right when pacmans right shoulder moves ( which I think was the green button that he and his trainer worked on against pacman) that's when Marquez made his move.

Takes a slight step back and sets him self up to be out of pacmans jab, and on the outside on pacmans lead right foot, sits down on his punch and counters with an over hand( just like he the first time) that had several years of frustration, defeat, leverage and timing. Man that punch could have knocked out a bull, forget a man.

This is what's bothering me. From very first minute of round 1 I saw that this wasn't the same pacman that fought bradely or the past. He looked sloppy, it wasn't because he was fighting marquez, he was almost doing the same exact thing that Amir kahn was going, throwing wild punches, while dropping his arms, and even more so, getting desperate on the ropes and firing off.

What happened to the old pacman that would out think his guys, and not panic on the ropes or keep his hands up.

Physically Pacman still has a few good fight left, so hes got the tools.

I have a wild hunch that Roach may not be up to par as he used to. I called Amir Khan leaving Roach before he even left. Because in previous fights I've watched roach either not give the correct advice, not stopping a fight or simply no advising at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    The end of an era. I had a hunch that Pacquiao would lose but didn't envision him getting knocked out. He's spread himself too thin with all of the extra-curricular activities. He'll never be the same

Hes still game for another 3-4 fights.

He needs to go back to gambling, cock fighting, drinking and bagging groupies, which is what he's been doing all this time and what got him 8 world titles.

Sometimes trying to change a winning formula, dispite it looking bad to those on the outside is a disaster for recipe.

I would like to point out that Pacquiao was winning the fight and it was clear that he would win if it went the distance. There is no doubt that Pacquiao is the better fighter of the two. I would discredit any argument that Pacquiao has lost some skill, power, or concentration (at least since the last Marquez fight). Remember that Marquez essentially beat him twice before (I had Marquez winning the last one), and this fight was really not as close as the other 3. Aside from the getting surprised with that hook in the second, Pacman was the dominant fighter. But therein lies the rub:

Pacman was desperate to knock out Marquez and remove the cloud on his career. He was usually well guarded but allowed himself to get into the occasional careless flurry when he smelled blood. That is what happened at the end of the sixth, Pacman went for the knockout punch and Literally fell right into Marquez trap.

So, my point is...I don't think Pacquiao was off last night. He was just too desperate for the knockout and got very, very unlucky. That one punch may be the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oak View Post
    I would like to point out that Pacquiao was winning the fight and it was clear that he would win if it went the distance. There is no doubt that Pacquiao is the better fighter of the two. I would discredit any argument that Pacquiao has lost some skill, power, or concentration (at least since the last Marquez fight). Remember that Marquez essentially beat him twice before (I had Marquez winning the last one), and this fight was really not as close as the other 3. Aside from the getting surprised with that hook in the second, Pacman was the dominant fighter. But therein lies the rub:

Pacman was desperate to knock out Marquez and remove the cloud on his career. He was usually well guarded but allowed himself to get into the occasional careless flurry when he smelled blood. That is what happened at the end of the sixth, Pacman went for the knockout punch and Literally fell right into Marquez trap.

So, my point is...I don't think Pacquiao was off last night. He was just too desperate for the knockout and got very, very unlucky. That one punch may be the end of his career.
    Good point. I didn't see anything do indicate that his career is over. Still very crisp. However I did see a loss of control, leading to him over reacting and jumping into the punches. I've never seen that from him in recent fights, I've seen trade pucnhes, but not wild punches that were desperate.

He punches had no real effect on Marquez. Desipte that he was actually heavier than Marquez righty? I think by 3 lbs. But maybe he was defiantly not as big as previous fights, but physically aside, pacman isn't is a big man, but more importantly emotions got the best of him. He looked very amateurish.
    Last edited by paradox; December 9th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

For everyone trying to watch the vid heres a new one since the other one aint working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROwjvlpENwk

shit got SERIOUS .....

It was all about Marquez timming Pacman. And I know he and his trainer timed pacman based on his right shoulder.

Capture5.jpgCapture4.jpg Capture9.jpg

Capture.jpg1.jpgCapture3.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    He was waiting all night to set that punch up.

That punch was anything but lucky, like some critics claimed.

Marquez tried to land it the first time and cought him with very same right hand, only slightly off in timing, but still managed to knock him down. What did pacman do? bounced up and proceeded to chase down Marquez trying to even the score. ( Personally I think he was trying to show the judges he was fine and get those points).

You'd think Pacman would get the hint this guy is trying to set up that right hand, and the first time he tried he was off slighly and only knocked down. That punch marquez threw was EXACELTLY TIMED.

Marquez got pacman next to ropes( as his trainer instructed him to do because I heard him say something to the effect of hes getting desperate get him on the ropes) allows pacman to fire that jab, and right when pacman extended that jab Marquez had DIRECT eye contact with pacman; meaning marquez was seeing and setting him up.

Right when pacmans right shoulder moves ( which I think was the green button that he and his trainer worked on against pacman) that's when Marquez made his move.

Takes a slight step back and sets him self up to be out of pacmans jab, and on the outside on pacmans lead right foot, sits down on his punch and counters with an over hand( just like he the first time) that had several years of frustration, defeat, leverage and timing. Man that punch could have knocked out a bull, forget a man.

This is what's bothering me. From very first minute of round 1 I saw that this wasn't the same pacman that fought bradely or the past. He looked sloppy, it wasn't because he was fighting marquez, he was almost doing the same exact thing that Amir kahn was going, throwing wild punches, while dropping his arms, and even more so, getting desperate on the ropes and firing off.

What happened to the old pacman that would out think his guys, and not panic on the ropes or keep his hands up.

Physically Pacman still has a few good fight left, so hes got the tools.

I have a wild hunch that Roach may not be up to par as he used to. I called Amir Khan leaving Roach before he even left. Because in previous fights I've watched roach either not give the correct advice, not stopping a fight or simply no advising at all.
    What a great and accurate post. I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    Good point. I didn't see anything do indicate that his career is over. Still very crisp. However I did see a loss of control, leading to him over reacting and jumping into the punches. I've never seen that from him in recent fights, I've seen trade pucnhes, but not wild punches that were desperate.

He punches had no real effect on Marquez. Desipte that he was actually heavier than Marquez righty? I think by 3 lbs. But maybe he was defiantly not as big as previous fights, but physically aside, pacman isn't is a big man, but more importantly emotions got the best of him. He looked very amateurish.
    Yea he was a few pounds heavier. I agree that the essentially he was too undisciplined last night. Probably a cumulative effect of the disputed nature of the last 3 Marquez fights and the sham hat was the Bradley fight.

It's funny, both guys said they were going for a KO before the fight, and even though they always say that, given the circumstances you just knew someone was going to get knocked out that night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast