Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marquez knocks out Pacman! HARD.

that fight could have gone either way. Manny said he was gonna fight like he did the first time they've met. i don't think the punches didn't have real effect on Dinamita. his face was mess up a bit and he did almost went down on the fifth.

thing is, they both wanted to knock each other out to erase all doubts. Pac just got too careless and got caught. it's a good fight. i doubt Gayweather can go toe-to-toe with these guys.
    "you won't win whining all the time" - A.B. Flores

Paradox, I got a question. Iam not boxing guru but I've followed it forever because my dad is really into it, he used to go to the theaters to watch the fights back in the day. He grew up right near smoking joe in Germantown New Jersey. Anyway( sorry I'm rambling) this was the first PAC fighting watched live and one thing I noticed is that he never pesetas his feat......I know you have to keep moving but it's almost like he jumps to throw punches leaving him with no power coming from his legs and hips. I think this might be why he has a hard time knocking people out. Also, when got caught with that punch he was again in the air semi on his toes leaning forward so I feel like without a base that punch just did that much more damage. What do you think?

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTCars87 View Post
    Paradox, I got a question. Iam not boxing guru but I've followed it forever because my dad is really into it, he used to go to the theaters to watch the fights back in the day. He grew up right near smoking joe in Germantown New Jersey. Anyway( sorry I'm rambling) this was the first PAC fighting watched live and one thing I noticed is that he never pesetas his feat......I know you have to keep moving but it's almost like he jumps to throw punches leaving him with no power coming from his legs and hips. I think this might be why he has a hard time knocking people out. Also, when got caught with that punch he was again in the air semi on his toes leaning forward so I feel like without a base that punch just did that much more damage. What do you think?
    He essentially is using the momentum from him moving forward. Technically there's nothing wrong with it, because he is using is rear foot to push off and is still balanced and hes able to get out, its what I believe to be bad habits of leaving his arms dropped and exposing his chin.

And I couldn't help but notice that this was also evident in Amir Khan style- both Roach Trained guys.

I've concluded to be similar to fencing with respects to comming, and when your using momentum you come in and come out, the only problem is that he's wasn't technically jumping in, he was stepping in exposing his face, and Marquez simply went to the outside and countered with a right, because Manny saw that hapened and a second before he got hit, you can see his facial expression because I realized he fell for the trap.

If you study fencing for a few mintues on youtube, youll notice that he essentially uses the same movement to proceed forward more or less.

Part of the reason what he jumps in is because of his short arms, so hes got to generate that movement and allow to him to come in and gain power and speed.
    You don't ever see him doing the classic 1-2-1 standing still planted. Because hes nearly always shorter than the guys he fights.

Look at any short boxer, for example Mike Tyson, David tua, Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano, their jabs were essentially used to either come in for a combo, feint the guy or deflect, but it was never a " straight down the pipe" jab that Lennox Lewis used.

Short boxers have to essentially do an exaggerated jab and over extending ( while keeping the opposite hand glue to you're face, and tucking your chin to the shoulder of your jab hand, AND making sure that the hand that is glue to face and also "catch" a punch should an upper get thrown. Shorter guys have to come in through a jab and rely on hooks and uppercuts. So that's why I say shorter boxers have to work twice as hard. See how shorter guys take a risk with jabs..

Capture.JPG

vs taller guys. ( than can simply edge out the jab as flicks and make contact and use over hand rights, with sucess)

Capture1.jpg

But I also noticed Pacman uses a technique that I picked on from observation that's also similar with wingchun, where the punches come in consecutively non stop as he's progressing forward.

Marquez has the advatange being slightly taller and I think hes defiantly got some edge on him because he may have more reach than pacman.

His odd movement is simply his free style movement, and how he feels natural. I don't believe there's name to what he does. But I call it "chattering", where the guy in constant perptutal movement, kinda like Frazier had that weird bob and weave and duck thing going that was non stop.

Despite what may look wrong to us, stepping into the ring against a top guy with perceived flaws proves that hes a champ for reason because he makes his oddities work for him.

For example, I'll use Mohammed Ali. You're told from day on in the gym, Never drop your hands, never stack back and punch, don't lean on the ropes, don't dance around with your head left out unexposed and he even had that "shuffle"( which by the way isn't is, It's actually an old timer move used to throw the person of guard and not know which punch was going to be used, and allow you to to use over hands, he did it a lot in his youngers because he was lighter and limber, and even did it to some degree with Foreman when he pumped his face with overhand rights all night long)

but despite all those "flaws' Ali used them with success. Matter fact, I read a joke about Ali being responsible for causing a lot of kids to get knocked out because they mimicked him. Same thing Nassem Hamed, the guy at his peak was great, hell he still has the highest KO rate. But He did everything unconventional.
    Last edited by paradox; December 10th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
    NYC Golden Gloves...Here I come!

I also speculate that his odd chattering is a way of him not over extending him self and still being able to move and counter.

Pacman always had problems with guys who had good jabs. He's Got a lot of heart, still wants to fight him for a 5th time.

I hope he's too brain damaged to make any more hate speech
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyT View Post
    For everyone trying to watch the vid heres a new one since the other one aint working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROwjvlpENwk

shit got SERIOUS .....
    It's not working either

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    As silly as it sounds, it reminded me of when Drago killed Apollo. I mean, he dropped like a sack of meat, didn't move, hysterical wife...I'm glad he was okay.
    This x1000000.

Hardest hit since the hit steve young took on monday night football, that ended his career

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by william_dave291205 View Post
    that fight could have gone either way. Manny said he was gonna fight like he did the first time they've met. i don't think the punches didn't have real effect on Dinamita. his face was mess up a bit and he did almost went down on the fifth.

thing is, they both wanted to knock each other out to erase all doubts. Pac just got too careless and got caught. it's a good fight. i doubt Gayweather can go toe-to-toe with these guys.

Mayweather out classed marquez already, wasnt even a close fight

Barbarian

Pacquiao doing the reverse Ricky Hatton!

I back eees normal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Zb92IfHkI

I back eees normal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Zb92IfHkI

pacman was being set up for that right all night.

That fight was fucking CRAZY.

Honestly, until that punch, Pac was winning the fight.

Thing is, at his best, he fights reckless and steals rounds late. In the midst of doing that, he walked right into an absolutely devastating punch.

I agree, seeing him laid out and not moving was legitimately scary.

I don't think he's washed up, though. Pac vs Marquez 5, Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 and Pacquiao vs Mayweather are all still very possible, assuming Freddie Roach doesn't insist otherwise.

Peace, G

Pacman came in too small and weak! His style resembled an amateur. Marquez's traditional boxing style exposed his weakness. He will be back, but he has to come in bigger!!! Get back on the sauce buddy!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by fiber View Post
    Pacman came in too small and weak! His style resembled an amateur. Marquez's traditional boxing style exposed his weakness. He will be back, but he has to come in bigger!!! Get back on the sauce buddy!!! Lol
    Pacman was the heavier fighter and he was on the verge of knocking Marquez out the whole fight. He was not too small or weak.

He was just too desperate to get the KO and fought carelessly for a couple of small 10 second bursts. Of course that's what Marquez always tries to get him to do. As long as Pacman isn't really hurt he's still the man to beat in boxing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast