Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dugdale 2012 Offseason Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Great to see someone shunning DC training for something more subtle and intelligent.

If I had the dough I'd definitely invest it in John Meadows.

I'm not sure he's the guy to dial you in during the last few weeks, but he's definitely the best on training & diet.
    have you done dc training?
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Good idea to rethink things if he's torn 3 pretty major muscle groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Good idea to rethink things if he's torn 3 pretty major muscle groups.
    ^^^This. Never heard of a bodybuilder making improvements as a direct result of lifting heavier, but I have heard of many injuring themselves as a direct result of lifting heavier. Strength is all relative anyways. In bodybuilding the main concern in the gym should be maximum stimulation of the muscle, not maximum poundages. Leave that to guys like yourself that are competitive powerlifters. The fact that an aging bodybuilder needed John Meadows program for him to realize this just goes to show that Mr.Dougdale has been skating by on drugs and genetics as an IFBB professional bodybuilder. So to anyone that says professional bodybuilding isn't all about drugs: Here is a perfect example for you
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    ^^^This. Never heard of a bodybuilder making improvements as a direct result of lifting heavier, but I have heard of many injuring themselves as a direct result of lifting heavier. Strength is all relative anyways. In bodybuilding the main concern in the gym should be maximum stimulation of the muscle, not maximum poundages. Leave that to guys like yourself that are competitive powerlifters. The fact that an aging bodybuilder needed John Meadows program for him to realize this just goes to show that Mr.Dougdale has been skating by on drugs and genetics as an IFBB professional bodybuilder. So to anyone that says professional bodybuilding isn't all about drugs: Here is a perfect example for you
    Your attempts at trolling for a heated argument are painfully obvious. Try again novice
    When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead...True Story.

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    Did I get on your nerves that bad with my 7 words, that you felt the need to post a two paragraph reply justifying your actions?

Sorry bro.
    Geez, I guess that did just happen. At the time I didn't feel angry about what you said it just spawned many thoughts about the subject all at once. I do apologize for the little bitch part though that was uncalled for.
    When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead...True Story.

Quote Originally Posted by jam.josh View Post
    Your attempts at trolling for a heated argument are painfully obvious. Try again novice
    Trolling for a heated argument? What are you talking about? Seriously
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by jam.josh View Post
    He has 3,000+ more posts than you.

He has 3,000+ more posts than you.
    That doesn't matter, but to further prove my point: You are a strong man. And I bet you have made pretty steady strength gains over the years. Has lifting heavier made any significant improvements in muscle mass, or a significant improvement on your physique?

I think JJ was being sarcastic about him being novice, hence the smiley face. This forum is notorious for mis-reading posts more than every other forum.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

That doesn't matter, but to further prove my point: You are a strong man. And I bet you have made pretty steady strength gains over the years. Has lifting heavier made any significant improvements in muscle mass, or a significant improvement on your physique?
    TBH, nothing major. That's one of the challenges I face, to continue to get stronger whilst keeping my bodyweight pretty much the same.

Put it this way ~ if I was wanting to develop my physique, gain more muscle/size etc etc, I wouldn't train like I do and I wouldn't try and continually push the weights. That's not the best or smartest way to get those kind of results. I'd need to change the training side of things, and that would likely include probably lowering the weights and increasing the reps.

so are you saying I can use the same weight I train with now for the next 10-15 years and still grow and improve bodyparts?
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    so are you saying I can use the same weight I train with now for the next 10-15 years and still grow and improve bodyparts?
    Well of course you need to change things up over the years to allow for muscular adaptation, but I think the point is that simply to progressively train heavier and heavier isn't the best approach to take.

TBH, nothing major. That's one of the challenges I face, to continue to get stronger whilst keeping my bodyweight pretty much the same.

Put it this way ~ if I was wanting to develop my physique, gain more muscle/size etc etc, I wouldn't train like I do and I wouldn't try and continually push the weights. That's not the best or smartest way to get those kind of results. I'd need to change the training side of things, and that would likely include probably lowering the weights and increasing the reps.
    Thank you sir. Point proved

No, but I am saying that if you think that lifting heavier is the answer then you will never turn pro. I don't care how great your genetics, or how much food and drugs you take in.

Well of course you need to change things up over the years to allow for muscular adaptation, but I think the point is that simply to progressively train heavier and heavier isn't the best approach to take.
    ^^^This. The fact that Mark Dugdale is just now figuring this out proves that he has skated by as a pro on drugs and genetics (and probably "gurus" too). This is basic stuff for any competitive bodybuilder

Bingo. Look at any bodybuilder out there using the 'lift heavier' scheme, and I'll guarantee you they suffer far more injuries than their more incisive and intelligent peers. Train the muscle, not the weight. You can create massive legs squatting 405...hell, even 315, if you do it properly.

Read Dugdale's post again, Uriah -- he's clearly enunciating the argument in favor of lighter weight, using different techniques (bands, chains, etc.), with more volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Bingo. Look at any bodybuilder out there using the 'lift heavier' scheme, and I'll guarantee you they suffer far more injuries than their more incisive and intelligent peers. Train the muscle, not the weight. You can create massive legs squatting 405...hell, even 315, if you do it properly.

Read Dugdale's post again, Uriah -- he's clearly enunciating the argument in favor of lighter weight, using different techniques (bands, chains, etc.), with more volume.
    bodybuilding is about progression in food gear and lifting....lifting heavier will get you dense thick muscle....lifting heavier in a controlled manner for reps that is...no one is saying do sets of 1 or anything retarded....but take 315 and squat it for 8 reps and 2 months later squat it for 15-20 reps and I bet your legs will be bigger

bodybuilding is about progression in food gear and lifting....lifting heavier will get you dense thick muscle....lifting heavier in a controlled manner for reps that is...no one is saying do sets of 1 or anything retarded....but take 315 and squat it for 8 reps and 2 months later squat it for 15-20 reps and I bet your legs will be bigger
    That is a givin. What I am trying to say is that strength is relative, and the body will get stronger on it's own time. Trying to push heavier and heavier weight without allowing the connective tissues and central nervous system time to keep up with the muscles is asking for burnout or injury

green n whey too acidic for me ,,

while prep last national i had trained 32 days twice a day non stop , n it was easy , i took maybe 3 days in 77 days , toward th end of was indeed single n shorter duration

went to 4% no cardio did meadows cardio with weight type philosophy high rep drop set ,, circuit,, slow negative,, was very fun.

i was on hyper maniac mode , can i repeat th sequence no clue it all seem magic then,,

will sure try,,

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast