Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dugdale 2012 Offseason Plan

Listen to all these gurus in here. Bunch of amateurs

a lot of broscience in this thread
    komm und rette mich

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    so are you saying I can use the same weight I train with now for the next 10-15 years and still grow and improve bodyparts?
    Didnt Lee Haney say he only ever did 315 at the most with Bent over rows?
    I back eees normal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Zb92IfHkI

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    That is a givin. What I am trying to say is that strength is relative, and the body will get stronger on it's own time. Trying to push heavier and heavier weight without allowing the connective tissues and central nervous system time to keep up with the muscles is asking for burnout or injury
    Bang on the money POST.No need to say anymore, but there will always be people who don't like to hear or will never appreciate other peoples opinions if different from there own, Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Didnt Lee Haney say he only ever did 315 at the most with Bent over rows?
    actually I thought it was like 185 believe it or not, same thing he never went heavy with dumbbell rows?

How major and recent are these tears? They're not noticeable in any recent contests.

you can clearky see in his last comp pics, that his quads are gone, compared to how big they were
    komm und rette mich

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Krishna View Post
    actually I thought it was like 185 believe it or not, same thing he never went heavy with dumbbell rows?
    Additionally, Haney never went heavy on his bench or any pec movement for that matter, but had the best chest and back development of that era.

Quote Originally Posted by alexceau View Post
    Additionally, Haney never went heavy on his bench or any pec movement for that matter, but had the best chest and back development of that era.
    Ever watch the Haney workout vid with Mike Christian? Goes up to 405 for reps, looked way way way heavy to him though, so this is something that might not have been part of his normal routine.

Amateur Threat

It's all about overload.. But many assume that means heavier and heavier weights.. That can't realistically happen forever. So how do we keep overload progressing.. Well cut rest periods a bit.. This brings total workload higher based on the amount of time it took.. That is just one example.. But as we age it gets foolish to try and just keep increasing weight.. Try other ways to increase intensity.. Francois benfatto does numerous tri sets to get as much workload in as short a time possible.. Seems to be working,,..lol

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Ever watch the Haney workout vid with Mike Christian? Goes up to 405 for reps, looked way way way heavy to him though, so this is something that might not have been part of his normal routine.
    That's what I was thinking as well, although possibly could have just been for the cameras and the crowd that was watching them train.

^^^This. Never heard of a bodybuilder making improvements as a direct result of lifting heavier, but I have heard of many injuring themselves as a direct result of lifting heavier. Strength is all relative anyways. In bodybuilding the main concern in the gym should be maximum stimulation of the muscle, not maximum poundages. Leave that to guys like yourself that are competitive powerlifters. The fact that an aging bodybuilder needed John Meadows program for him to realize this just goes to show that Mr.Dougdale has been skating by on drugs and genetics as an IFBB professional bodybuilder. So to anyone that says professional bodybuilding isn't all about drugs: Here is a perfect example for you
    Woooow homie, that was a whole lot of assuming. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but that was a bit of a stretch.
    Real men deadlift.

It's all about genetics!

Quote Originally Posted by TexBull View Post
    Woooow homie, that was a whole lot of assuming. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but that was a bit of a stretch.
    O.k. homie
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

O.k. homie
    dugdale kills it at the gym, and i'm sure has trained a multitude of ways besides HIT.

Once again you prove to be a fucking idiot.

all i know is that i like mark dugdale and his ways as a man/bodybuilder, I'm a believer of both HIT and high volume depending on days or how I'm feeling

dugdale kills it at the gym, and i'm sure has trained a multitude of ways besides HIT.

Once again you prove to be a fucking idiot.
    I'm sure that Dugdale kills it at the gym considering the fact that he is an IFBB pro. A person doesn't get to that level by pussy footing around the gym. And there is nothing wrong with high intensity training. Without high intensity a person won't improve. Your responses prove that you are the "fucking idiot" as you completely missed every point I made. Never once did I have anything negative to say about his work ethic, and never once did I have anything negative to say about HIT. I did state that trying to force the body to lift heavier and heavier weights isn't productive for bodybuilding. He already admitted this fact, talking about his numerous injuries as a result of the heavier training. And just to clear this up for you because you seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills: lifting heavy weights is not a form of high intensity. Maximum stimulation of the muscles is high intensity. How many reps or sets a person does is not an indicator of intensity. Do you understand now you fuckin clown?
    Last edited by bigrgc; December 11th, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast