Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dugdale 2012 Offseason Plan

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    Mr.Dougdale has been skating by on drugs and genetics as an IFBB professional bodybuilder. So to anyone that says professional bodybuilding isn't all about drugs: Here is a perfect example for you
    This not only negates everything you just said but it proves you have the spelling and reading comprehension of a preschooler. I'm sure I could pick my way back through the last 3,792 posts you've made and find every spot where you've proven yourself to be a dunce. But instead I'll just chalk everything you say as complete faggotry.

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    he hasn't done slin since like 2001-2002....doesn't like it
    how do u know this
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Master View Post
    how do u know this
    he doesnt, and what is more to the point, he has no doubt UPPED his slin dose. Besides generaal doses increasing, how else has he managed to get bigger since the early 00's.... again, look at his waist, the lack of crisp seperationn he had prevviously
    Team Nelly and Tim McGraw

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Master View Post
    how do u know this
    he said it as well as 2 people that helped him with his programs
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Heavy weights don't mix with bodybuilding at all. Just ask Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, Arnold Schwarzenegger (who built his entire foundation with heavy powerlifting poundages, and only started his bullshit pump training when Weider moved him to the states and duped him into training with insanely high volume, mostly for his magazine articles; after which Arnold really didn't get any bigger at all, just leaner, which is DIET, not training); ask Kai Greene; ask Branch Warren.

Yes, lots of injuries to the above list. Also happens to be a lot of Olympias on that list (21 by my count). That's not to even delve into more of the history of bodybuilding and other guys that lifted insanely heavy (most of the actually GOOD bodybuilders-- look at Platz's legs, look at Tom Prince, look at Ben Pakulski's legs, look at Huh's legs and the videos of him squatting 700+ for reps several years back).

Point being: while you can certainly build some muscle WITHOUT progressively heavier weights, it's also pretty clear that the SIMPLEST way to get progressively bigger is increased overload, and the most guaranteed way to induce increased overload is progressively heavier weights-- in a certain rep range-- with a certain tempo.

The REALLY funny thing is that you try to make this REAL rocket science. Everybody knows that progressively heavier weights WITH good form leads to growth, when coupled with enough food. I can't even believe somebody would try to argue otherwise, lol.

-lifepulse

^^
    He is saying that over time you will use heavier weights and get stronger (obviously), but you shouldn't add weight to a set just because the log book says so because you may not be ready for it and have higher risk for injury. .
    Last edited by D-NUTZ; December 11th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/

PM me if you have any questions!

This is the Mark Dugdale i like...

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    ^^
    He is saying that over time you will use heavier weights and get stronger (obviously), but you shouldn't add weight to a set just because the log book says so because you may not be ready for it and have higher risk for injury. .
    Understood and agreed. But I don't think that's how the vast majority of bodybuilders (even Dugdale and other HIIT advocates) train, on average. And even then, the "log book", used properly, tells you WHEN you're supposed to add weight (once you're in a certain rep range, etc.).

Training with a log book vs. without, you do the same thing-- you try to add progressive resistance and intensity-- it's just that using a log book tends to keep the process more aggressive via keeping one objective, rather than completely "going by feel". Both have their place, but to completely discount training templates that utilize numbers and intentional load progression, flies completely in the face of all lifting science. Even though there are "different ways to get there", you can't just use ANY old way, and there ARE still certain rules, lol.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    Understood and agreed. But I don't think that's how the vast majority of bodybuilders (even Dugdale and other HIIT advocates) train, on average. And even then, the "log book", used properly, tells you WHEN you're supposed to add weight (once you're in a certain rep range, etc.).

Training with a log book vs. without, you do the same thing-- you try to add progressive resistance and intensity-- it's just that using a log book tends to keep the process more aggressive via keeping one objective, rather than completely "going by feel". Both have their place, but to completely discount training templates that utilize numbers and intentional load progression, flies completely in the face of all lifting science. Even though there are "different ways to get there", you can't just use ANY old way, and there ARE still certain rules, lol.

-lifepulse
    I agree with this too.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/

PM me if you have any questions!

Heavy weights don't mix with bodybuilding at all. Just ask Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, Arnold Schwarzenegger (who built his entire foundation with heavy powerlifting poundages, and only started his bullshit pump training when Weider moved him to the states and duped him into training with insanely high volume, mostly for his magazine articles; after which Arnold really didn't get any bigger at all, just leaner, which is DIET, not training); ask Kai Greene; ask Branch Warren.

Yes, lots of injuries to the above list. Also happens to be a lot of Olympias on that list (21 by my count). That's not to even delve into more of the history of bodybuilding and other guys that lifted insanely heavy (most of the actually GOOD bodybuilders-- look at Platz's legs, look at Tom Prince, look at Ben Pakulski's legs, look at Huh's legs and the videos of him squatting 700+ for reps several years back).

Point being: while you can certainly build some muscle WITHOUT progressively heavier weights, it's also pretty clear that the SIMPLEST way to get progressively bigger is increased overload, and the most guaranteed way to induce increased overload is progressively heavier weights-- in a certain rep range-- with a certain tempo.

The REALLY funny thing is that you try to make this REAL rocket science. Everybody knows that progressively heavier weights WITH good form leads to growth, when coupled with enough food. I can't even believe somebody would try to argue otherwise, lol.

-lifepulse
    solid post!I agree with you
    komm und rette mich

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Krishna View Post
    This not only negates everything you just said but it proves you have the spelling and reading comprehension of a preschooler. I'm sure I could pick my way back through the last 3,792 posts you've made and find every spot where you've proven yourself to be a dunce. But instead I'll just chalk everything you say as complete faggotry.
    Your an idiot. You still don't get it. I basically took you by the hand like a child to better explain to you my point, and you still don't understand. It's o.k. little boy. Let it go
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

-lifepulse
    Yea Arnold only got leaner when he moved to the states, no real improvement, and it was all due to diet lol. 240 pounds of bloat vs 240 of shredded dense muscle. Higher reps and high volume was just for the magazine articles. Wow
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    ^^
    ^^^This! Why are people having such a hard time understanding this simple fact. Its pretty basic. Lift weights and you will grow stronger. Force the body to lift heavier and heavier to beat some stupid log book and you will get injured. Not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Bingo. Look at any bodybuilder out there using the 'lift heavier' scheme, and I'll guarantee you they suffer far more injuries than their more incisive and intelligent peers. Train the muscle, not the weight. You can create massive legs squatting 405...hell, even 315, if you do it properly.

Read Dugdale's post again, Uriah -- he's clearly enunciating the argument in favor of lighter weight, using different techniques (bands, chains, etc.), with more volume.
    SURE, NOW....BUT WHAT GOT HIM TO THE AMOUNT OF MASS HE IS AT?..... FOOD, DRUGS, GENETICS, AND HEAVY ASS FUCKING WEIGHTS
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by pewee View Post
    Muscles dont know weight, they know intensity.
    As long as you stress the muscle it will respond, if you can do it with a lighter weight then you have less chance of injury.
    Most injuries occur because the muscle strength is taken out of the equation by the use of momentum or the muscle is at full extension and additional stress is placed on it.
    WHO ARE YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    I'm sure that Dugdale kills it at the gym considering the fact that he is an IFBB pro. A person doesn't get to that level by pussy footing around the gym. And there is nothing wrong with high intensity training. Without high intensity a person won't improve. Your responses prove that you are the "fucking idiot" as you completely missed every point I made. Never once did I have anything negative to say about his work ethic, and never once did I have anything negative to say about HIT. I did state that trying to force the body to lift heavier and heavier weights isn't productive for bodybuilding. He already admitted this fact, talking about his numerous injuries as a result of the heavier training. And just to clear this up for you because you seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills: lifting heavy weights is not a form of high intensity. Maximum stimulation of the muscles is high intensity. How many reps or sets a person does is not an indicator of intensity. Do you understand now you fuckin clown?
    Thats funny.....I've never seen someone that benches 400 for reps, deads 600, and squats 500 for reps that was small

-lifepulse
    Internet Idiots that compete at 180lbs always like to argue why they are smaller than everyone else........Genetics and Effort, along with the inability to muster the desire to train heavy.....all boils down to that there

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast