Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dugdale 2012 Offseason Plan

Quote Originally Posted by UsmcGreg View Post
    I'm with lifepulse, strength is prerequisite for size.
    Look at Phil Heath.

When he started working with Hany, in the first FST-7 video, Hany talks about how little strength he had. He just blew up on volume (and slin and GH, blah blah).

Even in the new article with Hany in this month's MD, he says Phil tried a more strength based approach and just didn't respond well.

Strength is also a relative term. I know guys that can squat 315 for 3, but don't have the endurance or power to push 135 for 20 non stop.

Who cares how anyone else trains, find what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    Who cares how anyone else trains, find what works for you.
    That, too.

Beast

I made my "transformation" (mind you I'm not big) but from more of a pump training. That's Nov 2007-Nov 2010(mid prep). IMO it should be combination of both.
    transformation2.jpg
    Last edited by B-Neva; December 12th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    I made my "transformation" (mind you I'm not big) but from more of a pump training. That's Nov 2007-Nov 2010(mid prep)
    transformation2.jpg
    good gains, natural? you have a good frame. put some back pictures, no homo.

Beast

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    good gains, natural? you have a good frame. put some back pictures, no homo.
    ya natural, these are from about the same time as the after pic, so 2010.
    wcdgRfQsHosFBoCJqafXoPmGVvUrDqwMpyyF.jpg zybtwXVfAtxStJuFKMuFnbYlaukyzSyOoKSo.jpg

I made my "transformation" (mind you I'm not big) but from more of a pump training. That's Nov 2007-Nov 2010(mid prep). IMO it should be combination of both.
    transformation2.jpg
    OK, GREAT JOB, now take the next two years and turn yourself into a human forklift and make the MOST out of your genetics
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

IMO it should be combination of both.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    Look at Phil Heath.

When he started working with Hany, in the first FST-7 video, Hany talks about how little strength he had. He just blew up on volume (and slin and GH, blah blah).

Even in the new article with Hany in this month's MD, he says Phil tried a more strength based approach and just didn't respond well.

Strength is also a relative term. I know guys that can squat 315 for 3, but don't have the endurance or power to push 135 for 20 non stop.

Yeah lets use a guy that didnt lose a show until after he turned pro, 4 years after he started bodybuilding........Any one can do that.....ROFLMAO

tHERES ALWAYS GONNA BE THE GUY THAT GOT HUGE FROM DOING PUSHUPS AND JOGGING IN JAIL........BUT FOR 95% OF THE POPULATION, IF YOU WANT AN APPRECIABLE AMOUNT OF SIZE, YOUR GONNA NEED TO TRAIN HEAVY AT SOME POINT

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    Yeah lets use a guy that didnt lose a show until after he turned pro, 4 years after he started bodybuilding........Any one can do that.....ROFLMAO

tHERES ALWAYS GONNA BE THE GUY THAT GOT HUGE FROM DOING PUSHUPS AND JOGGING IN JAIL........BUT FOR 95% OF THE POPULATION, IF YOU WANT AN APPRECIABLE AMOUNT OF SIZE, YOUR GONNA NEED TO TRAIN HEAVY AT SOME POINT
    Yes because we win bodybuilding shows based on strength. I forgot.

Nothing to do with shape or size.
    www.builtbymetal.com/forum
    John Meadows live video Q & A coming early next month! Get signed up.

YOU GUYS AREN'T FUCKING GETTING THE CONCEPT.

He isn't saying train light, for a pump. He is saying don't add weight just because "something/someone says too". Don't start chasing numbers.

Add weight as you get stronger, but don't force it.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/
    20% OFF Prime Nutrition - DNUTZ20 - http://primenutrition.com/

PM me if you have any questions!

Training for bodybuilding is all about stimulating muscle through different methods. The MOST effective way is to use heavier and heavier weights at some point in your career. One thing is gauranteed though, YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER ,EVER, EVER, succeed in bodybuilding without at some point working on your raw strength in whatever exercises or methods you use, its a scientific and practical fact! Yes high reps stimulate muscle, drop sets and supersets stimulate muscle, and yes, as we gain ENOUGH SIZE and then work on refinement (symmetry etc.) it becomes less of a goal, but no pro bodybuilder, whether tested or unrestricted that I know of, has ever JUST lifted with progressively higher and higher reps to get massive, in fact like someone mentioned before, natural bodybuilders have to train even harder to get bigger. Even Dexter Jackson who is around 225 or so on stage, routinely does reps on the bench with 405 for reps, I've seen this myself. He didn't get there by taking 135 and pressing it 100 times either! Anyone who disagrees with this fact most likely has never competed before and I can't even understand why anyone doesn't get it. If so find another sport. It takes training of all rep ranges and progressions, including and especially lifting heavy as hell when you can, to get and maintain muscle mass! Proceed with the personal insults and bro science, that we always get here form some of you in No BULL.

And to add another point, just as it is irresponsible to tell an inexperienced lifter to follow the form of the pros and high level amateurs here, it is even more irresponsible to put in there head that they don't have to progress in their weight poundages to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPatt View Post
    And to add another point, just as it is irresponsible to tell an inexperienced lifter to follow the form of the pros and high level amateurs here, it is even more irresponsible to put in there head that they don't have to progress in their weight poundages to be successful.
    This times a million. As a trainer that gets a LOT of young kids coming to me that want to compete someday and bodybuild, I get to spend a good chunk of my time dispelling the oral sludge thrown around on so many boards-- cassein is necessary before sleep, you can only use 30g of protein at a time, and most importantly, there's no connection between strength and size. Sure, great advice to give an absolute beginner.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    This times a million. As a trainer that gets a LOT of young kids coming to me that want to compete someday and bodybuild, I get to spend a good chunk of my time dispelling the oral sludge thrown around on so many boards-- cassein is necessary before sleep, you can only use 30g of protein at a time, and most importantly, there's no connection between strength and size. Sure, great advice to give an absolute beginner.

-lifepulse
    Absolutey! I only listen to athletes, coaches, bodybuilders and nutritionists who have done it!

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    Yes because we win bodybuilding shows based on strength. I forgot.

Nothing to do with shape or size.
    AGAIN

I have never seen a guy that benches 400 for reps, squats 500 for reps, and deadlifts 600 that was small......shape and structure are genetic...good luck with your concentration curls trying to develop your "peak".

How many shows have you won btw?.... pl ease post pics of your awesome 225pound physique you got from training light

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    AGAIN

I have never seen a guy that benches 400 for reps, squats 500 for reps, and deadlifts 600 that was small......shape and structure are genetic...good luck with your concentration curls trying to develop your "peak".

How many shows have you won btw?.... pl ease post pics of your awesome 225pound physique you got from training light
    Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for you, is it?

Nobody in this thread said train light. You train progressively when you can. Nothing revolutionary.

Don't tell me it's a requirement to be strong to be big. Look a Mini-Forklift. Dude weighs like 140, but I bet he lifts more than you overall.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast