Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dugdale 2012 Offseason Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Krishna View Post
    You're proud of being weak?? what a weird.
    I am not weak, but I am by no means strong. Since I go to the gym to build muscle and not to feed my ego, this fact does not bother me at all. I do the best with the cards that I was dealt. Going by your heavy weights= big muscles/good physique equation I should be pretty small and shitty looking. I will prove that theory is nothing more than broscience bullshit
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    The body will push heavier weights when it is ready and able to do so. No need to force it. Thats all I'm saying. The body is like a car. Yes a car is capable of going faster at 5,000 rpm than it is at 2,000rpm, but it will also break much faster too. And just like our bodies, some cars are meant to be pushed harder. Others are not. Treat your body like a car. If you own a drag racer then take it to the drag races (Ronnie Coleman genetics) If your car is your regular daily driver (average genetics) then you must preserve it

What are you implying here? Do you never go to failure with heavy weight? If so, you're missing out on some great size gains! I think you might need to re-think your training. Trying to beat the log book works! Maybe not every session, but just going into the gym and pumping away on many exercises and hoping you get stronger someday sounds far from optimal! For example, I can't beat the log the log book every week like I used to, so I have to use different periodization in my training, but I still go by the book to plan for an all out max day pushing heavier weights than before. Using low rep ranges with 80+% of one's max is also key to getting progressively bigger and stronger.

Also, everyone is going to reach a point where doing the same thing isn't going to work forever, so one must try new methods. Mark is huge and I am sure very close to his genetic max, so I'm sure he has to be creative in his methods, thus, prob why he hired JM. JM knows his crap and trains a lot of people. Plus, JM is prob good at keeping injuries to a minimum.

As for powerlifters, most of the 200+ pound guys have muscle, but I agree they could be bigger based on the weights they use, but they do not train in the optimal rep ranges for size. Most only train above 10 reps for a few weeks at limited times. They also are using leverage techniques and very low reps 90% of the time.

Of course I go to failure with heavy weight. On my 4th set of every exercise I can barely get my 5th rep. By no means do I shy away from heavy weight, but if that weight doesn't go up from week to week that is o.k. with me as long as I can see improvements in the mirror. My rep ranges are from 20-5
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Of course I go to failure with heavy weight. On my 4th set of every exercise I can barely get my 5th rep. By no means do I shy away from heavy weight, but if that weight doesn't go up from week to week that is o.k. with me as long as I can see improvements in the mirror. My rep ranges are from 20-5
    So why are you being critical of Mark? I doubt he was doing things much different than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MA$$BUILDER View Post
    So why are you being critical of Mark? I doubt he was doing things much different than yourself.
    Just because I have a 4th set that is heavy, that doesn't mean I try to force my body to lift heavier than it is ready and capable of. When my body is ready to lift heavier it will let me know, and I will increase the weight. This is what I have been trying to say all along. I never said lift light. I said trying to beat a log book week after week is asking for injury. I was givin common sense so I use it. I don't need a guru to tell me to add more reps and more volume. Again, just common sense
    Last edited by bigrgc; December 14th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Just because I have a 4th set that is heavy, that doesn't mean I try to force my body to lift heavier than it is ready and capable of. When my body is ready to lift heavier it will let me know, and I will increase the weight. This is what I have been trying to say all along. I never said lift light. I said trying to beat a log book week after week is asking for injury. I was givin common sense so I use it. I don't need a guru to tell me to add more reps and more volume. Again, just common sense

You "go to failure with heavy weight" so you force your body to adapt, just like a lot of other people. Beating the log book every week is a great thing if one can do it! I wish I could get stronger every week like I use to! And, I never did get hurt, since I warmed up correctly.

So, basically, you just wanted rag on Mark and act like you're smarter and a better bber cause you don't go heavier every week and don't rely on a guru, yet I bet you have read articles to get where you are or at least watched others in the gym to formulate your current method, so I guess you too used a form of a guru.

Yes I go to failure with heavy weight, but not on each and every set, and not worrying about if i lifted heavier than I did last week. And yea basically I put together a program with my own brain rather than having someone tell me what I need to do. Also when using my brain instead of someone else's the cost to me is a whopping: $0.00!

Yes I go to failure with heavy weight, but not on each and every set, and not worrying about if i lifted heavier than I did last week. And yea basically I put together a program with my own brain rather than having someone tell me what I need to do. Also when using my brain instead of someone else's the cost to me is a whopping: $0.00!

Who goes to failure with each and every set?!!! lol

Basically, you train like many others, including Mark, but you think gurus are stupid and only stupid people would hire a guru? Is that really the gist of it? haha You should've just said at the start "I put together a program with my own brain rather than having someone tell me what I need to do. Also when using my brain instead of someone else's the cost to me is a whopping: $0.00!" Because you said a lot more than that at the start! But, if you just think gurus are dumb to hire than that's cool. You keeping using your progressive overload method even though you didn't invent that! Maybe when your at your genetic limit you'll look to people like JM to get you progressing again.

Basically, you train like many others, including Mark, but you think gurus are stupid and only stupid people would hire a guru? Is that really the gist of it? haha You should've just said at the start "I put together a program with my own brain rather than having someone tell me what I need to do. Also when using my brain instead of someone else's the cost to me is a whopping: $0.00!" Because you said a lot more than that at the start! But, if you just think gurus are dumb to hire than that's cool. You keeping using your progressive overload method even though you didn't invent that! Maybe when your at your genetic limit you'll look to people like JM to get you progressing again.
    There is no such thing.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/
    20% OFF Prime Nutrition - DNUTZ20 - http://primenutrition.com/

PM me if you have any questions!

I really try to stray from anything personal on these boards, but these last few posts by bigjrc show precisely how colossal a douche he really is. No way you can spew what you are spewing and feign intellectual honesty. And as for your "posting your show pics" next spring, when you have made consistent gains year after year and show after show, rising up 10lbs per year and jumping weight classes WITH improved conditioning, while addressing symmetry issues and actually building a nice symmetrical physique in the process-- in other words, when you have actually accomplished something, AND have proved than you know how to PROGRESS that accomplish-- please bury us all with your pictures. Until then, you are nothing but another know-it-all skinny kid.

-lifepulse

Front Lat Spread.jpgFront Lat Spread (6-18-10).jpgDSC_9586.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    I really try to stray from anything personal on these boards, but these last few posts by bigjrc show precisely how colossal a douche he really is. No way you can spew what you are spewing and feign intellectual honesty. And as for your "posting your show pics" next spring, when you have made consistent gains year after year and show after show, rising up 10lbs per year and jumping weight classes WITH improved conditioning, while addressing symmetry issues and actually building a nice symmetrical physique in the process-- in other words, when you have actually accomplished something, AND have proved than you know how to PROGRESS that accomplish-- please bury us all with your pictures. Until then, you are nothing but another know-it-all skinny kid.

-lifepulse

Front Lat Spread.jpgFront Lat Spread (6-18-10).jpgDSC_9586.jpg
    Fuck you bitch. I will post pics after my show this April. Mind your own businees, and get off my nuts faggot

I'm not seeing how he is a douche?
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/
    20% OFF Prime Nutrition - DNUTZ20 - http://primenutrition.com/

PM me if you have any questions!

Who goes to failure each and every set? Those using the "H.I.T." method minus a warm up set. I know what the I said, and I'm sticking to it. I never claimed to invent progressive overload method so get your facts straight. I haven't stopped making gains in years, I have managed to improve upon every one of my weak points while continuing to grow lean mass, and I am a firm believer in the saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I challenge lifepulse to post pics of his physique vs pics of mine. My pics will go up in April. Loser never comments on another one of the winners posts.

Sound like a deal? I'm ready to shut that arrogant ass up

Who goes to failure each and every set? Those using the "H.I.T." method minus a warm up set. I know what the I said, and I'm sticking to it. I never claimed to invent progressive overload method so get your facts straight. I haven't stopped making gains in years, I have managed to improve upon every one of my weak points while continuing to grow lean mass, and I am a firm believer in the saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    My point exactly,in bold. Plus, HIT can work for a period of time. You haven't stopped making gains, well, I never said you did. Congrats! I also think you should milk it for what it's worth. You sound like an Newbie/intermediate to me. What is your weight, height and bf. Also, what's the poundage of weights are you using for different exercises?

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Agreed. Im no powelifter and for my size, im not that strong. There are certain exercises im can use more weight on and others i cant.

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    There is no such thing.
    Maybe not, but there's elite, and Mark is elite, so he has to use methods that a newbie would be unwise to use. Like you for example would be doing yourself a disservice to use an advanced periodized routine, when you could prob still make weekly progression.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast