Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mark Dugdale 2012 Offseason Plan

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    I challenge lifepulse to post pics of his physique vs pics of mine. My pics will go up in April. Loser never comments on another one of the winners posts.

Sound like a deal? I'm ready to shut that arrogant ass up
    Lol, first of all, I'm happy to post pics any time you would like, child. I already have. We're just waiting on you, sonny. Shit, I'll post ALL of my pics-- a fat 10lbs child, fat my entire childhood, never played sports, didn't start lifting until 24, 100% self taught, did it in my basement, no trainer, no gym-- and here we are 9 years later, and here was the track record for MY COMPETITORS THAT I PREPPED IN 2012 (which included my own 4 shows):

-17 unique competitors, 12 of them first-time competitors
    -34 top-5 placings; 9 first places; 6 overall titles; 2 pro cards won

Any time you're ready, I have plenty of ammunition, child. When you can consistently produce results, not just a wee little bit for yourself, but for dozens of other people, shoot me a message, we'll chat.

But beyond that, let's address the actual LOGIC of this thread:

-you dog on Dugdale for training "heavy and to failure"; so that there is no misunderstanding and I'm not accused of "putting words in your mouth", here is your actual statement from page 2:

"Never heard of a bodybuilder making improvements as a direct result of lifting heavier, but I have heard of many injuring themselves as a direct result of lifting heavier. Strength is all relative anyways. In bodybuilding the main concern in the gym should be maximum stimulation of the muscle, not maximum poundages. Leave that to guys like yourself that are competitive powerlifters. The fact that an aging bodybuilder needed John Meadows program for him to realize this just goes to show that Mr.Dougdale has been skating by on drugs and genetics as an IFBB professional bodybuilder. So to anyone that says professional bodybuilding isn't all about drugs: Here is a perfect example for you".

Now you make some valid points here-- most importantly, that in bodybuilding, the main concern in the gym should not be MAXIMUM POUNDAGES, but instead, maximum stimulation of the muscle. This is true, and I agree with you (as I think everybody here does). But there is a BIG problem with the following statements: "Never heard of a bodybuilder making improvements as a direct results of lifting heavier"-- FALSE, and nearly ALL of the anecdotal evidence disagrees; "The fact that an aging bodybuilder need John Meadows program for him to realize this just goes to show that Mr. Dougdale [sic-- meaning, learn to spell] has been skating by on drugs and genetics as an IFBB professional bodybuilder". Anybody who actually follows bodybuilding knows that Dugdale has tried numerous specific approaches, including DC Training, training with Dorian, etc., and is fairly analytical in his entire approach, hence his DECISION to TRY working with Meadows. "So to anybody who says professional bodybuilding isn't all about drugs: Here is a perfect example for you". Huge slap in the face to Dugdale, AND also implies that anybody that would even TRY to train with HIT training is wrong, a moron, and, presumably, "skating by on drugs and great genetics". Again, problem with this assininity (to coin a term) is that it flies in the face of TONS of anecdotal evidence. TONS of people have seen great progress with HIT training, ESPECIALLY natural lifters. I have the stats (clients trained) to prove it. Do you?

-after spitting out the above, on page 9, you now come forth and admit that your rep range (over 4 sets) varies from 20 down to 4-5, and you frequently go to failure on the final set. I guess my question is, How do you decide on the weight to use on that last, heaviest set? I'm assuming you recall what you did last time-- say, flat benched 315 for 5 clean reps-- and your last workout has some bearing on the weight you decide to use this time. Is that correct? Or do you just completely make up a number to throw on the bar-- sometimes 185, sometimes 455?

-and assuming your peak set DOES make some kind of reference to your previous session, how, precisely, is that ALL THAT DIFFERENT from using a log book? Because one is written in your head, and the other is written down on paper?

-furthermore, when you DO hit that heaviest set to failure of 4-5 reps, am I to presume you are NOT trying to hardest to beat last time's best effort? Meaning: I'm sure you have plenty of workouts where you're "just not feeling it", the gas isn't in the tank, your joints don't feel right, whatever-- we ALL go through that-- but, other things equal (assuming you feel good), don't you try with all of your effort to get as many reps as possible? And, assuming you destroyed last week's best effort, don't you take that as a subtle sign of progress, and actually get a little happy about it?

Now my question is, how, in approach, is the above really all that different from "Dugdale's retarded HIT training"? Do you think HIT trainers beat their numbers every single time, and go home crying when it doesn't happen? No. We just do our best to beat the numbers, and when it's not there, it's not there. The numbers are there as a GUIDEPOST, that's all. And guess what, buddy: you do it, too. You just act like you're so cool and you have "so much common sense" (lo-fucking-l) that you don't need to ever make reference to numbers.

Sometimes in this life, it's okay to actually admit you were wrong-- that you misspoke, or were unclear, or flew off the handle a little bit with your initial statement. Bigrgc, now is one of those times, and you would likely earn a LOT of respect-- from others, AND yourself-- if you just admitted you were an idiot with your initial post.

That's all. Carry on. Get a hold of me in April with your amazing pictures. If you need assistance on the way, feel free to shoot me an email.

-lifepulse

I don't give a fuck about your life story so save it. In April my pics will go up against yours, and you will looks stupid for talking all that shit. Trust me I won't be needing any help from you. And massbuilder fuck off. This "newbie" don't have to explain shit to you. I will let me pics do the talking. Until then, mind your own business you two little punks
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

What show are you doing in April Bigrgc? Just curious.

I don't give a fuck about your life story so save it. In April my pics will go up against yours, and you will looks stupid for talking all that shit. Trust me I won't be needing any help from you. And massbuilder fuck off. This "newbie" don't have to explain shit to you. I will let me pics do the talking. Until then, mind your own business you two little punks
    Grow up! How old are you? You come on here and talk smack about Mark, whom I am sure you look like crap compared to. Yet, you know more than him! You're a joke and sound like a newbie! Post up your stats, and pics offseason, and how many times you've made it to the Mr. O!
    Last edited by MA$$BUILDER; December 14th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MA$$BUILDER View Post
    Grow up! How old are you? You come on here and talk smack about Mark, whom I am sure you look like crap compared to. Yet, you know more than him! You're a joke and sound like a newbie! Post up your stats, and pics offseason, and how many times you've made it to the Mr. O!
    Lol, for real. We're talking lifting science, and backing it up with pictures, NOT ridiculous cursing and huge name-calling, particularly geared at an IFBB pro. Somebody is a bit scared.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    Lol, for real. We're talking lifting science, and backing it up with pictures, NOT ridiculous cursing and huge name-calling, particularly geared at an IFBB pro. Somebody is a bit scared.

-lifepulse
    Yeah, he's the definition of a punk know it all. We both have tried to debate him and he lacks knowledge, so he resorts to childish methods like name calling. He should just man up for once in his life and admit he miss spoke. But, that takes maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by MA$$BUILDER View Post
    Yeah, he's the definition of a punk know it all. We both have tried to debate him and he lacks knowledge, so he resorts to childish methods like name calling. He should just man up for once in his life and admit he miss spoke. But, that takes maturity.
    Meh, it's all good. Come the magical month of April, we will all be shocked and awed with his pictures-- even though mine are already here in this thread, along with numerous clients I prepped this year for the stage.

Bigrjg, I'll even go first: I've made mistakes in the past, and I have misspoken. It's okay, bro. Life goes on.

-lifepulse

Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Agreed. Im no powelifter and for my size, im not that strong. There are certain exercises im can use more weight on and others i cant.
    BMC curls 30lbs and has 20 inch arms and I ain't even joking!

There is no fucking science behind lifting weights....for fucks sake people.

Pick things up, put them down.

When you can, pick bigger things up and put them down.

Goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    There is no fucking science behind lifting weights....for fucks sake people.

Pick things up, put them down.

When you can, pick bigger things up and put them down.

Goddamn.
    ^^^Seriously. Take more drugs, eat more food, get a good nights rest, get a good workout in, and grow bigger and stronger. Everything else is just people trying to sound smart. Bodybuilding is somewhere in the ballpark of: 1/3 genetics, 1/3 drugs, 1/3 everything else
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Damn, I have a few pages to catch up on and read but looks like this thread has gone to shit

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    Internet Idiots that compete at 180lbs always like to argue why they are smaller than everyone else........Genetics and Effort, along with the inability to muster the desire to train heavy.....all boils down to that there
    wow, youu truly are a lying piecce of shit, its druugs/PED's that improve the physiquee

lol @ "muster the desire too train heavy" - the training is the fuckin easy part.
    Team Nelly and Tim McGraw

Quote Originally Posted by Kurland1939 View Post
    wow, youu truly are a lying piecce of shit, its druugs/PED's that improve the physiquee

lol @ "muster the desire too train heavy" - the training is the fuckin easy part.
    Its ok bro..

Little Arnold looks HUUUUUUUUUUGGGEE in his avi pic..he must know all the secrets.

^^^Seriously. Take more drugs, eat more food, get a good nights rest, get a good workout in, and grow bigger and stronger. Everything else is just people trying to sound smart. Bodybuilding is somewhere in the ballpark of: 1/3 genetics, 1/3 drugs, 1/3 everything else
    On the whole, I agree that it's "fairly simple" and most of these debates tend to overcomplicate things. However, when you are talking to people like John Meadows, or Dante Trudel, or anyone else who has helped to transform dozens if not hundreds of other individuals from "every day, out of shape people" into champions, it's a bit insulting to say, "Hey, it's just common sense". There IS some logic behind proper training, proper eating, all that stuff. Is it extremely complicated? No, not in my opinion. At the same time, if you're really good at it, is there something of an "art" to it that allows people like Charles Glass to be sought out and respected by top individuals in the field? Yes, there is a large art to all of this. And if you develop your philosophies and your eye and help others achieve their best, you, too, would scoff at people that have a flippant attitude like you did on page 2.

-lifepulse

Of COURSE there is science behind weight training. Just as there is behind every other physical phenomenon. Its not rocket science, but it's not infinitely simple, either.

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    On the whole, I agree that it's "fairly simple" and most of these debates tend to overcomplicate things. However, when you are talking to people like John Meadows, or Dante Trudel, or anyone else who has helped to transform dozens if not hundreds of other individuals from "every day, out of shape people" into champions, it's a bit insulting to say, "Hey, it's just common sense". There IS some logic behind proper training, proper eating, all that stuff. Is it extremely complicated? No, not in my opinion. At the same time, if you're really good at it, is there something of an "art" to it that allows people like Charles Glass to be sought out and respected by top individuals in the field? Yes, there is a large art to all of this. And if you develop your philosophies and your eye and help others achieve their best, you, too, would scoff at people that have a flippant attitude like you did on page 2.

-lifepulse
    Exactly this. Gurus and coaches and trainers are problem solvers. How do I get bigger, stronger, leaner, how do I win my next contest, or meet? If you continue to guess you will waist your time, unless you are satisfied with being where you are. That's where the science of all this comes in. The further and advanced you get the more planning and knowledge come into play. The "Everything Else" that you speak of is weighs a A LOT MORE than just 1/3 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPatt View Post
    Exactly this. Gurus and coaches and trainers are problem solvers. How do I get bigger, stronger, leaner, how do I win my next contest, or meet? If you continue to guess you will waist your time, unless you are satisfied with being where you are. That's where the science of all this comes in. The further and advanced you get the more planning and knowledge come into play. The "Everything Else" that you speak of is weighs a A LOT MORE than just 1/3 of it.
    There are very few individuals like Ronnie Coleman that have those ungodly genetics that allow for him to go to the gym, do the same routine for 20+ years, just lift heavy while remaining relatively injury-free, and still see amazing gains. That's why Ronnie was arguably the best of all time. The rest of us need to have some "guiding principles" to help us get there. Overthinking it is definitely a bad thing, but "underthinking it"-- especially with the wrong starting premises, lol-- is far worse.

-lifepulse

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast