Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Re: Dorian.....

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    His theories on everything have already been proven wrong by father time and loads and loads of anecdotal evidence
    Show us.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/

PM me if you have any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    Show us.
    Agreed, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    This is an opinion. I have known people who did take very large doses of drugs and ate vast quantities of food. Only a couple remotely looked to be roughly the same size as pro's. Others only had extreme mass in their guts and their asses. Just saying, not everyone can get huge. If that were the case, these people all would have become huge, and they did not. For the record, this was in L.A. from 1991 to 2000, and I knew a LOT of the amateur competitors and would-be competitors in the area.
    I beleive we are the same age and when I started out in a real gym in Montreal back in 86 and back then guys could go to the doctors and get scrip^ts for dbol, test, methyltest, winni tabs etc etc etc as well as the race track connections. This was pre Ben Johnson of course. One of my friends in fact in grade 11 went to the doctor and said he wanted to gain weight because he was skinny and the dotor prescribed him dbol lol.

One thing I noticed back then in the gyms is the guys worked out alot harder and heavier than 90% do today and it was all on splits of the body over 3-4 days with a day off after each 3-4 days. The juicing was pretty much limited to 1-2 items and was cycled on for a 2-3 months followed by a few months off. equipment was barbells and dumbells mainly and machines were pretty much leg ext, leg curls, calf machines, old school hacks not those pretend leg presses they call hacks today and cables which were for rows, pulldowns and pushdowns, Whether guys were on and or off they ate alot of food, supps were garbage(most are still other than the basics). Mainly from what i observed was people generally started off with 15-20 reps and added weight until they were down to 4-6 reps except on certain moves where it was kept higher or lower.

Some of the things I saw on a weekly basis were 5-6-7 plate full squats, 3-4 plate benches, 2-3 plate behind the neck presses(yes behind the neck, funny nobody had a problem with behind the neck moves or overtraining until some fucking know it alls atrted takng about it.

One gentic freak set of brothers would knock down things like a dozen raw eggs before training, and both were said to go through a small box of oatmeal and a bunch of bananas each everyday along with all the other food they ate their prents out of home with, the older brother was 240 cut year round at probably 5'9 ish and looked 100 times better than alot of the guys here ho describe their ridiculous and probably bullshit stacks that they want to impress us with. I worked at swiss chalet at the time and the gym was down the street and guys would come to take out and buy whole chickens fo themselves.

My point is yes people take drugs, but the difference today is back then it was lots of training, then lots of food, then drugs, minimal and yes up in a few cases. Today its the attitude is as many drugs as possible, then too much food including very shitty bad habit eating, and just enough hard training to break a sweat and only training when "on"

The bodybuilders today are bigger and freaker at the top end, but in all honesty dont look as good as they did in the 70"s, 80"s and 90"s.

Some of the guys who are turning pro the last 2 years are starting to smarten up with keeping a better line with hard smart training, paying attention to their proportions and even more still a return to healthier eating habits like in the past. I also think alot of guys are using too many drugs early on and that is why most are burned out by the time they reach pros.

I also think the guys on the bottom of any sport are the ones who abuse the most drugs because they are the ones who just dont hyperrespond like the top guys.

Lastly the top guys who are considered proportionate today would have been considered blocky back in the 80's. There are very few guys sporting 30-32 inch waists today in contests, despite what anyone claims, more like 36-38.

I dont care what Dorain took, or what he or someone said he took, at the end of the day the guy busted his ass and was meticulous in everything he did when competing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Taken from another site!

I was intrigued by the thread about Dorian Yates' drug use. What intrigued me the most is that people actually believed the claim of about 1.5 grams of steroids to build his physique. I have interacted with Dorian a few times in passing, but we have never talked much about drug use so I called up a friend of mine who was friends with Dorian's trainer partner in Blood and Guts (Leroy i think his name was). I asked him if he had any idea of what Dorian was taking around the time he was competing at the Olympia. Most of this was based on what he remembered him and Leroy (again, I think this was his name) talking about...

offseason 3-4 grams of testosterone, a gram or so of deca, "insane amounts of oral steroids" (i am not sure what dosages this refers to but this is a quote).

Pre contest "every 2-3 hours 1 amp of parabolan 1 amp of winstrol 1 amp primo 1 amp masteron"

When i asked him about GH he said Dorian experimented with a number of methods of using GH..."intravenous GH numerous tons of times per day in very small doses, waking up 3-4 times per night to IV it, using it intramuscular in large doses, using it sub-q in small doses throughout the day, every possible combination Dorian tried..." When I asked about overall amount of GH he said he "Wasnt sure the total amount but definitely over 20" because he specifically remembered a time Dorian stayed with him and there was "always about 2-3 empty vials of GH lying around at the end of each day"
    Whatever makes you feel better about yourself BMC.

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hungwell View Post
    I beleive we are the same age and when I started out in a real gym in Montreal back in 86 and back then guys could go to the doctors and get scrip^ts for dbol, test, methyltest, winni tabs etc etc etc as well as the race track connections. This was pre Ben Johnson of course. One of my friends in fact in grade 11 went to the doctor and said he wanted to gain weight because he was skinny and the dotor prescribed him dbol lol.

One thing I noticed back then in the gyms is the guys worked out alot harder and heavier than 90% do today and it was all on splits of the body over 3-4 days with a day off after each 3-4 days. The juicing was pretty much limited to 1-2 items and was cycled on for a 2-3 months followed by a few months off. equipment was barbells and dumbells mainly and machines were pretty much leg ext, leg curls, calf machines, old school hacks not those pretend leg presses they call hacks today and cables which were for rows, pulldowns and pushdowns, Whether guys were on and or off they ate alot of food, supps were garbage(most are still other than the basics). Mainly from what i observed was people generally started off with 15-20 reps and added weight until they were down to 4-6 reps except on certain moves where it was kept higher or lower.

Some of the things I saw on a weekly basis were 5-6-7 plate full squats, 3-4 plate benches, 2-3 plate behind the neck presses(yes behind the neck, funny nobody had a problem with behind the neck moves or overtraining until some fucking know it alls atrted takng about it.

One gentic freak set of brothers would knock down things like a dozen raw eggs before training, and both were said to go through a small box of oatmeal and a bunch of bananas each everyday along with all the other food they ate their prents out of home with, the older brother was 240 cut year round at probably 5'9 ish and looked 100 times better than alot of the guys here ho describe their ridiculous and probably bullshit stacks that they want to impress us with. I worked at swiss chalet at the time and the gym was down the street and guys would come to take out and buy whole chickens fo themselves.

My point is yes people take drugs, but the difference today is back then it was lots of training, then lots of food, then drugs, minimal and yes up in a few cases. Today its the attitude is as many drugs as possible, then too much food including very shitty bad habit eating, and just enough hard training to break a sweat and only training when "on"

The bodybuilders today are bigger and freaker at the top end, but in all honesty dont look as good as they did in the 70"s, 80"s and 90"s.

Some of the guys who are turning pro the last 2 years are starting to smarten up with keeping a better line with hard smart training, paying attention to their proportions and even more still a return to healthier eating habits like in the past. I also think alot of guys are using too many drugs early on and that is why most are burned out by the time they reach pros.

I also think the guys on the bottom of any sport are the ones who abuse the most drugs because they are the ones who just dont hyperrespond like the top guys.

Lastly the top guys who are considered proportionate today would have been considered blocky back in the 80's. There are very few guys sporting 30-32 inch waists today in contests, despite what anyone claims, more like 36-38.

I dont care what Dorain took, or what he or someone said he took, at the end of the day the guy busted his ass and was meticulous in everything he did when competing.
    Just an excellent post all around. I'm not as old as you guys but living in Alaska many things are 'behind the times' and there were many genetic marvels at the gym using very little gear. Keep in mind there isn't a lot to do in the winter so there is a big emphasis on training and nutrition. I moved down to California recently and I've seen guys admittedly running quite a bit of gear and looking like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post
    Lol, that's the most ridiculous thing I've read all week, props. Pro level size achievable naturally? Damn, it makes you wonder why
    there have been no ex-convicts Mr. Olympias. First of all, anyone who's doing serious time in the joint is either a user or a distributor of a wide range of drugs, including gear of course. Second, are you saying that prison has a weird effect on people that somehow makes them huge? Cause that's pretty fuckin insane. Or are you implying that every single one of those people who have those "ungodly natural muscle-building genes" ends up in prison? Man, you're demented.
    I'm not surprised you went paranoid. The proclivity was definitely there. And you actually ended up blaming your gear for it.
    All he is saying is that we have all seen the huge dudes that have been locked up for years and are around the size of pros. Whats so dam hard to believe? Watch any documentray on jails or prisons and you will see big ass dudes that dont take anything but prison food dumbass. That is what dannymanslaughter is saying son

Quote Originally Posted by hodakrob View Post
    All he is saying is that we have all seen the huge dudes that have been locked up for years and are around the size of pros. Whats so dam hard to believe? Watch any documentray on jails or prisons and you will see big ass dudes that dont take anything but prison food dumbass. That is what dannymanslaughter is saying son
    Lol you're out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hodakrob View Post
    around the size of pros meaning 5'9-5'11 and 275-300lbs?
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    around the size of pros meaning 5'9-5'11 and 275-300lbs?
    I've seen guys 6'0 weighing 280, obviously not 'contest condition' but in good shape. As I state earlier 'pro-level size' was a bit of an exaggeration but there are some really big guys locked up. The point I was trying to articulate but was not recognized by some is that essentially there Is over-emphasis at times on the amount of drugs that some pros take. I've seen some really solid even 'freakish' natural physiques, just not on the competition stage.

Beach Body

Captain America has God-given genetics!

There is only so much the human body can handle, just as people have different recovery times to workouts, they have different responses to GH/gear, high food intake etc.

Not everyone can achieve size even close to the pro level, to think that everyone can, its pretty stupid, but everyone does have the potential to maximise their genetic potential, but since most people will not train intelligently or hard enough to do that, not suppliment or recovery properly, they will never fulfil that and look at the pro's and say, I could be like that, if i took that much gear.

No mate, you would never be like that, even if you took twice the amount of gear at the pro's take.
    "I say thee, nay." - Thor

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by LongJourney Los View Post
    i have a hard time believing just about anyone who is 5'8"- 5'10"could get to be 280-300 pounds under 10% bodyfat
    I don't think I could even make it to 250 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    he specifically said those were his max doses he used and he was 140kilos
    uriah always takes sides with the drug abusers claims of not using much. come up with a new stance bro
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    Why are people saying that anybody can become the best in the sport? Nobody ever said that.

Simply said the size is possible. End of story. To say its not is ridiculous.
    the BBing purists love to jump in these threads and start rambling about "genetics, dedication",. WE ALREADY KNOW. YOU HAVE SAID THAT 100 times and no one is disagreeing with you
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Five pages!!! good shit.

Will check GB to see if there is more Dorian stuff
    "The size and mass is more important than being detailed and in condition"--M-G

Quote Originally Posted by lonesoldier54 View Post
    There is only so much the human body can handle, just as people have different recovery times to workouts, they have different responses to GH/gear, high food intake etc.

Not everyone can achieve size even close to the pro level, to think that everyone can, its pretty stupid, but everyone does have the potential to maximise their genetic potential,
    but since most people will not train intelligently or hard enough to do that, not suppliment or recovery properly, they will never fulfil that and look at the pro's and say, I could be like that, if i took that much gear.

No mate, you would never be like that, even if you took twice the amount of gear at the pro's take.
    Exactly my point. There are a ton of really fat, watery guys on gear, but I only consider actual muscle mass when comparing 'size' of one man to another.

I recently read Dorian's account of what he was taking back in the day. I became curious and decided to do some of my own investigating. I called up Temple Gym and asked for Leroy. Then I said "Hey Leroy, I know you have nothing better to do and don't mind handing out personal info so do you mind telling me what Dorian was taking back in the day?" He was like "Sure mate. Hold on a second, I have everything written down in this book we keep under the counter. We keep it here so when people call and ask about Dorian's gear usage, we have all the details handy." "Really?" I exclaimed with joy. Then he said "No. Now fuck off!" and hung up on me.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast