Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic guidelines and RUMORS revealed

Default Basic guidelines and RUMORS revealed

Thought I would share this thread here on MD as I made this thread to counter someone else's on RX forum.

Do not slack on H20 consumption in off-season (yes, its annoying but helps in all fat-loss & muscle building processes

-
    Do not short-change on any particular macro-nutrient - (pre-contest, might come a sticking point where you need to deplete fats or carbs, but you are wise to include ALL from the base diet set-point.

- When starting a dieting phase --transitioning from full off-season I would start using the most variables possible -- meaning do NOT over consume fiber, low glycemic carbs, and do not cut dairy. Eating that clean initially should almost be difficult in first few weeks and fibrous carb sources and too many veggies will make this more difficult at this stage.

-
    Medium chain fats & Omega-3's are best for dieting -- from empirical experience and research, these 2 fat sources (from coconut oil & fish oil) has demonstrated improvement in fat oxidation (uncoupling) and improved insulin levels & less propensity for fat storage.

-
    Do not be close-minded and have 'carb cut-offs. (this nutritional dogma has somehow been accepted as fact, which it simply is not. In fact, I will have some guys loading more carbs in evening depending on their activity levels pertaining to time of weight training and cardio.)

-
    Cardio is still effective at other times of day besides fasted and post-training -(I like the idea behind morning fasted cardio, but feel cardio at other times is also very beneficial, and if you are in a well-fed state, I would say that higher intensity cardio would be advantageous for increase overall EPOC and trigger a longer after-math of calorie burning from the food + intense cardio)

-
    Caffeine, ephedrine, clenbuterol, yohimbine are all 'no-brainers' in regard to basic, effective thermogenic agents. (Do not use these too soon -- start diet far enough out to only use these agents for sticking points or finishing touches, never "rely" on these or start them fresh out the gates)

- Trenbolone is the most critical hormone pre-contest - (this is just anecdotal observations and a universal agreement among several users. This hormone is powerful and dominant in gaining muscle and losing BF%)

-
    Regardless of off-season or contest -- never 'mentally' convince yourself or justify lowering weights because "they said so" -- meaning its been propagated that higher reps and lighter weights are mandatory due to raising RMR and being weaker from the diet. (No, you should be strong from perfect nutrition, water consumption, proper hormonal atmosphere, and the mindset to win as you have a goal around the corner.)

- As the dieting progresses and you become lower in BF%, hunger hormones will dictate your level of satiety. (Ghrelin will be sky high and leptin low. ( Now is the time to increase fiber, vegetables and perhaps switch to lower glycemic carbohydrates.)

- Do not 'buy into' cheat meals for stoking the metabolism
    (Another propagated nutritional dogma shouted by many. Having 1 cheat meal during contest dieting will NOT manifest into a normalization or correction of a slower metabolism. It will help out psychologically and aid in glycogen replenishment and boost energy for more motivation the following days. To really 'flip the script' on metabolic slow down, ie; lower T3, leptin, RMR etc... you would need to overeat for 4-5 days most likely and then risk some fat accrual....just use high carbs days for mental and cosmetic benefits.)

- Please do NOT think what I typed above is definitive or conclusive - I am just giving some advice on my own experience and having fun with the thread title since M4BTEAM made a similar thread.

-Matt
    MPA Muscle Intrusion -- www.truenutrition.com
    Coupon MATTP

how do you know when you drink too much water? i try and drink at least a gallon a day but i have to piss at least every ten or fifteen minutes.

Nice Read Porter, I will def use your services for prep. I hate the online thing lol but i trust your methods.
    I back eees normal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Zb92IfHkI

Quote Originally Posted by Ajthemeso View Post
    how do you know when you drink too much water? i try and drink at least a gallon a day but i have to piss at least every ten or fifteen minutes.

Too much water is when you actually start cramping from diluting your urine too much --- muscle cramps and electrolyte imbalances occur. This is why I am adamant about adequate sodium to compensate the high water intake.

You will no doubt become fuller and rounder as in you will thoroughly hydrated inside (intra-cellular) and out.....

Off-season guys 'care' about body weight --- even though it ultimately is whats starring back at you in the mirror -- but if you want that scale to make your mind happy....STAY HYDRATED.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Nice Read Porter, I will def use your services for prep. I hate the online thing lol but i trust your methods.

Funny -- I actually work with primarily out-of-state and out-of-country people rather than local people near me.

I feel I am obligated to give them some type of 'friendship' or local discount when I will expend MORE energy from weekly in person meetings

and most likely expend far too much time for the return.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Funny -- I actually work with primarily out-of-state and out-of-country people rather than local people near me.

I feel I am obligated to give them some type of 'friendship' or local discount when I will expend MORE energy from weekly in person meetings

and most likely expend far too much time for the return.

-Matt
    No doubt i totally believe that. I need about 3-4 more inches on my legs and then i will be ready to murder. I am aware it might be a year before i compete but i am in no rush, i am 31 my body is in top shape, i dont do any gear only TRT 100mgs a week, so i am basically "clean" so if i had to take some shit here and there to really get into it, im ok with that. Getting bloodwork done on friday to see where i am at. I am also going to try the M-Sten as soon as i am done with my docs.

I personally cant allow cheat meals for myself...... to slippery a slope for me....Im not against doubling my carb intake for the day, but to have a true "cheat" meal like pizza is just asking for trouble
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

No doubt i totally believe that. I need about 3-4 more inches on my legs and then i will be ready to murder. I am aware it might be a year before i compete but i am in no rush, i am 31 my body is in top shape, i dont do any gear only TRT 100mgs a week, so i am basically "clean" so if i had to take some shit here and there to really get into it, im ok with that. Getting bloodwork done on friday to see where i am at. I am also going to try the M-Sten as soon as i am done with my docs.

May I ask your age pitbull?

Just curious as you speak of TRT.

To be honest my friend -- I would much rather you

increase testosterone to 400-500 mg/week, then to engage into methyl stenbolone

which is 17aa and is similar to super drol and will wreck lipids, liver values, etc...

far more than 500mg testosterone -- IMO

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    I personally cant allow cheat meals for myself...... to slippery a slope for me....Im not against doubling my carb intake for the day, but to have a true "cheat" meal like pizza is just asking for trouble

Totally understood.

It is a slippery slope for a lot of people and I had to see a guys prep ruined from his mental weakness

when I allowed them -- he sparked some serious neurological heightening, pumping endorphins to his depressed mind-sate,

and he then was like a junky cheating every 3-4 days ....getting nowhere with results.

Come to find out he need anti depression meds....

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

31, and i agree with the test but i dont want to up it just yet. I also agree with you on the toxicity of the M-Sten and if my numbers are not what i want them to be i wont be taking it.

As far as cheats helping metabolism.....the year I used " cheat meals" I noticed nothing but gas and bloat in the days following....didn't even really fill out. But last prep when I used skip loads ( lots of simple sugary carbs, lower fat) I would fill out and sweat like a whore in church for the next day or so
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

31, and i agree with the test but i dont want to up it just yet. I also agree with you on the toxicity of the M-Sten and if my numbers are not what i want them to be i wont be taking it.

Just curious why you would not want to increase test dose from 100 to ---> say..400 and reap 'safer' results than a toxic oral

Remember you can stay on cycle for 12 weeks and potentially solidify more lean mass accrual than a brief oral 3-4 weeker...

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    As far as cheats helping metabolism.....the year I used " cheat meals" I noticed nothing but gas and bloat in the days following....didn't even really fill out. But last prep when I used skip loads ( lots of simple sugary carbs, lower fat) I would fill out and sweat like a whore in church for the next day or so

I like Skip a lot and think he has awesome experience in contest prep and losing fat.

Typically "1 cheat meal' wont do much at all for you....and it would take a day or 8 hr period of cheat meals to

elicit a extreme response as in filling out, sweating from the body freaking out on the insulin pumping out of the pancreas

and influx of dense calories etc...

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Just curious why you would not want to increase test dose from 100 to ---> say..400 and reap 'safer' results than a toxic oral

Remember you can stay on cycle for 12 weeks and potentially solidify more lean mass accrual than a brief oral 3-4 weeker...

-Matt
    I agree with you, i wanted to do a log for M-Sten for Heavyiron. I will up my test around February. I def agree about the orals and i am not one who has ever really taken orals, did Dbol two times, and Anadrol once. I def dont have a good stomach for orals thats for sure. What would you suggest to use with Test, if i wanted a clean cycle with not too much water retention.

I agree with you, i wanted to do a log for M-Sten for Heavyiron. I will up my test around February. I def agree about the orals and i am not one who has ever really taken orals, did Dbol two times, and Anadrol once. I def dont have a good stomach for orals thats for sure. What would you suggest to use with Test, if i wanted a clean cycle with not too much water retention.

I now understand since you are collaborating with heavyiron on a product log -- makes sense.

You say you have done dbol ad drol before... does this mean you have ran testosterone higher before and other oils?

IF NOT --- I do not see why you cannot just experiment with Testosterone solo at 500/week or so and get great benefits.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

I now understand since you are collaborating with heavyiron on a product log -- makes sense.

You say you have done dbol ad drol before... does this mean you have ran testosterone higher before and other oils?

IF NOT --- I do not see why you cannot just experiment with Testosterone solo at 500/week or so and get great benefits.

-Matt
    The most test i did was 500 back in 06, and no i just tried test with the orals, i didnt exactly have a good gear coach lol which is why i tried to keep it basic and after i did that i stopped till i could either learn more or have help from someone who knows what to do. I am getting great results now on 100mgs a week lol. I cant wait to up it to 4-500, and i have no problem just doing test alone to see what i can gain on just that.

Test at ~400-700 a week really works well to add muscular weight and strength! Dont need to overthink off season protocols.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast