Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic guidelines and RUMORS revealed

Throw some gatorade powder in your water. Great for around workouts with quick carbs. Especially for slin users.

Almost all of my waters have at least 1/2 scoop of gatorade in them.

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    Throw some gatorade powder in your water. Great for around workouts with quick carbs. Especially for slin users.

Good form of dextrose and minerals and b vitamins.

I am experimenting with the new designer carbs and will try mega dosing them tonight

-Matt
    MPA Muscle Intrusion -- www.truenutrition.com
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    For this one:

- Do not 'buy into' cheat meals for stoking the metabolism
    (Another propagated nutritional dogma shouted by many. Having 1 cheat meal during contest dieting will NOT manifest into a normalization or correction of a slower metabolism. It will help out psychologically and aid in glycogen replenishment and boost energy for more motivation the following days. To really 'flip the script' on metabolic slow down, ie; lower T3, leptin, RMR etc... you would need to overeat for 4-5 days most likely and then risk some fat accrual....just use high carbs days for mental and cosmetic benefits.)

so does it mean you should only have cheat meals when you actually (psychologically) need one and not making it a habit or having the misconception that cheat will fasten your metabolism?

I think so.

I know coaches who will "carb spike" or allot a cheat meal once a week from 20 weeks out for the sake of having a cheat.....nothing to gain from them at this point in the pre-contest dieting phase IMO.

Unless you are a absolute rare freak that began his prep at 7% BF then I see no reason to "need" this until into deeper single digits and struggling more.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Good form of dextrose and minerals and b vitamins.

I am experimenting with the new designer carbs and will try mega dosing them tonight

-Matt
    It's cheap as hell too. Usually a tub can last 10+ days and its $7 or so.

Are you coming up with your own product?
    BuiltByMetal.com
    MetalGearClothing.com

It's cheap as hell too. Usually a tub can last 10+ days and its $7 or so.

Are you coming up with your own product?

I might be...

I am an over analyzer and tend to over complicate things.

I am working on finding 3 ingredients I think are paramount in a intra workout product.

I could throw 20 in there to be honest...

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

Isn't the main aspect of the cheat meal the 'mental relief'? I guess it could go either way as many probably can't handle a cheat meal; I know I personally just end up binging so it seems counter-productive.

I might be...

I am an over analyzer and tend to over complicate things.

I am working on finding 3 ingredients I think are paramount in a intra workout product.

I could throw 20 in there to be honest...

-Matt
    You ever need a tester--holler at me. I'm kind of an intraworkout/carb drink fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    Isn't the main aspect of the cheat meal the 'mental relief'? I guess it could go either way as many probably can't handle a cheat meal; I know I personally just end up binging so it seems counter-productive.

I agree

It will throw a lot of peoples 'minds off' when this is thrown at them.

I really like to employ them going from contest-to-contest in shredded condition,

then I actually highly recommend them once IN condition.

I have problems with people using them when not needed. I understand it's a social relief and

perhaps one day a week you can still take your GF or Wife on a date and be somewhat 'normal'

while pre-contest mode. However -- noone ever said this sport was generous -- in fact to be the best,

its down right selfish and self-absorbed.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Totally understood.

It is a slippery slope for a lot of people and I had to see a guys prep ruined from his mental weakness

when I allowed them -- he sparked some serious neurological heightening, pumping endorphins to his depressed mind-sate,

and he then was like a junky cheating every 3-4 days ....getting nowhere with results.

Come to find out he need anti depression meds....

-Matt
    I dont need that, I just cant stop eating...LOL.....but I would bet my bottom dollar it was having a heightened effect on my neurotransmitters and brain chemicals compared to someone who can have a few cookies and stop.

Even in the off season I rarely eat sweets. But when i do it is literally an entire tube of cookie dough, Or a whole cheesecake
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

you drink gatorade when you train? ground breaking info right there ladies and gents....whoda thunk it?
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    you drink gatorade when you train? ground breaking info right there ladies and gents....whoda thunk it?
    When did I say groundbreaking physique changing info? Simply said as a suggestion it's worth a try. More than just carbs, and for slin users its convenient.
    BuiltByMetal.com
    MetalGearClothing.com

would anythinbe "paramount" in a intra workout, especially offseason, excepts for maybe carbs or aminos which people can buy individually?

Quote Originally Posted by geordz View Post
    would anythinbe "paramount" in a intra workout, especially offseason, excepts for maybe carbs or aminos which people can buy individually?

At this point I am thinking a designer carb (cyclic dextrins) + Ajipure EAA's + creatine HCL.

Now I might try experimenting with adding some glycerol and citrulline malate too....but then we get into the kitchen sink situation.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Behemoth

At this point I am thinking a designer carb (cyclic dextrins) + Ajipure EAA's + creatine HCL.

Now I might try experimenting with adding some glycerol and citrulline malate too....but then we get into the kitchen sink situation.

-Matt
    matt how important are these drinks. Does it really give that much of an edge with the advanced whey protein blends that Are in the market these days for post training.

DiHydrogen oxide is the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    matt how important are these drinks. Does it really give that much of an edge with the advanced whey protein blends that Are in the market these days for post training.
    Quote Originally Posted by intenceman View Post
    DiHydrogen oxide is the most important.

LOL intenceman is correct!

I believe they are very useful in a mass gaining phase as you are in a non stop positive nitrogen balance/anabolic state

by eating the appropriate calories to facilitate growth -- and should continue to stay in a positive state while destroying your muscles during training.

The intra-cellular mineral/glucose retention in the muscles after the first week will be addicting/convincing enough to carry on.

H2O of course is numero uno in the who process, but adding some nice nutrients will only help

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

I've noticed a 200% difference in recovery when I started using an intraworkout drink.

35g Karboload, 15g BCAAs, 2L of water.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast