Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic guidelines and RUMORS revealed

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    LOL intenceman is correct!

I believe they are very useful in a mass gaining phase as you are in a non stop positive nitrogen balance/anabolic state

by eating the appropriate calories to facilitate growth -- and should continue to stay in a positive state while destroying your muscles during training.

The intra-cellular mineral/glucose retention in the muscles after the first week will be addicting/convincing enough to carry on.

H2O of course is numero uno in the who process, but adding some nice nutrients will only help

-Matt
    thanks matt are you close getting your's to market

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    I've noticed a 200% difference in recovery when I started using an intraworkout drink.

35g Karboload, 15g BCAAs, 2L of water.

This is cool -- did you play around with carb amounts and water?

-Matt
    MPA Muscle Intrusion -- www.truenutrition.com
    Coupon MATTP

This is cool -- did you play around with carb amounts and water?

-Matt
    Yessir.

Originally I started with mixing it in a 1L water bottle...but then I learned about osmolarity (I think) and it's effects of gastric emptying and started using a bigger container with more water. That's when I noticed the biggest difference; soreness was greatly reduced despite an increase in training volume and I noticed my muscles stayed fuller after hammering them in the gym (they are usually really flat for a day or two after a workout).

I messaged with John M. about the amount of BCAAs recommended since most of his articles talk about casein hydroslate (i believe) and I am too poor for that right now lol. After speaking with him and getting his knowledge, I also found this article that he and Bill Willis wrote: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=4857153

As for the carbs, I started with adding 35g to the mixture because the article recommended 35-50g. I was skeptical at first with adding since I am meso/endo (leaning heavily towards endo) and theoretically my fat-loss should suffer since I am "less insulin sensitive". (I used to be 280lbs of lard)

In reality, even when I added the carbs, my fat-loss never lost a beat (maybe actually picked up a bit due to the increased training intensity/volume). I've actually been able to eat way more carbs this current cut than ever before. Been eating ALL of my carbs around my workout (only thing I have done differently compared to the past) and it seems to be working.

Just turned 20, currently 205 pounds, 5'11", obviously natty.

Workout Days:
    Calories – 2840kcal
    Protein – 316g
    Fat – 68g
    Carbs – 241g

*300g refeed post workout on weak BP day, once a week*
    Calories – 3091kcal
    Protein – 264g
    Fat – 52g
    Carbs – 431g

Off Days:
    Calories – 2609kcal
    Protein – 315g
    Fat – 77g
    Carbs – 164g

Good advise here Matt. Thanks.

Every try any other products, like size on for example intra?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsanom View Post
    Every try any other products, like size on for example intra?

I would say Size On (regular) is 'almost' good, but the glucose has a higher osmolality and would pool blood in the gut more readily.

The "pre-contest" Size On I believe is carb - free and you could potentially Add something like GlycoFuse or Carbonx which is hi-weight /low osmo

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Behemoth

Yessir.

Originally I started with mixing it in a 1L water bottle...but then I learned about osmolarity (I think) and it's effects of gastric emptying and started using a bigger container with more water. That's when I noticed the biggest difference; soreness was greatly reduced despite an increase in training volume and I noticed my muscles stayed fuller after hammering them in the gym (they are usually really flat for a day or two after a workout).

I messaged with John M. about the amount of BCAAs recommended since most of his articles talk about casein hydroslate (i believe) and I am too poor for that right now lol. After speaking with him and getting his knowledge, I also found this article that he and Bill Willis wrote: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=4857153

As for the carbs, I started with adding 35g to the mixture because the article recommended 35-50g. I was skeptical at first with adding since I am meso/endo (leaning heavily towards endo) and theoretically my fat-loss should suffer since I am "less insulin sensitive". (I used to be 280lbs of lard)

In reality, even when I added the carbs, my fat-loss never lost a beat (maybe actually picked up a bit due to the increased training intensity/volume). I've actually been able to eat way more carbs this current cut than ever before. Been eating ALL of my carbs around my workout (only thing I have done differently compared to the past) and it seems to be working.

Workout Days:
    Calories 2840kcal
    Protein 316g
    Fat 68g
    Carbs 241g

Calories 3091kcal
    Protein 264g
    Fat 52g
    Carbs 431g

Off Days:
    Calories 2609kcal
    Protein 315g
    Fat 77g
    Carbs 164g
    D-NUTZ how soon after your workout is the next meal? solid or another shake..i train in the am and find after post shake l[ttle bloat and full and it makes it hard for the next meal..

I would say Size On (regular) is 'almost' good, but the glucose has a higher osmolality and would pool blood in the gut more readily.

The "pre-contest" Size On I believe is carb - free and you could potentially Add something like GlycoFuse or Carbonx which is hi-weight /low osmo

-Matt
    What do you think of carbonx matt? I know it has cyclic dextrins, but also a modified waxy maize starch as well I believe.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Yessir.

Workout Days:
    Calories – 2840kcal
    Protein – 316g
    Fat – 68g
    Carbs – 241g

Calories – 3091kcal
    Protein – 264g
    Fat – 52g
    Carbs – 431g

Off Days:
    Calories – 2609kcal
    Protein – 315g
    Fat – 77g
    Carbs – 164g
    WOW!!!

Thats sounds complicated. Do you really feel that is needed? Not knocking it at all, but for me, i dont think i can handle anything but water in my stomach when i train

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    D-NUTZ how soon after your workout is the next meal? solid or another shake..i train in the am and find after post shake l[ttle bloat and full and it makes it hard for the next meal..
    45-60 minutes ill have a whey iso shake with rice. Since I have that intra shake, no rush to eat afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    WOW!!!

Thats sounds complicated. Do you really feel that is needed? Not knocking it at all, but for me, i dont think i can handle anything but water in my stomach when i train
    Needed? Definitely not. It's practically water. Since it's so watered down, it gets absorbed quicker than if there was less water in the drink.

Does it help? Sure. I almost never get real sore any more and I seem to stay pretty full while my muscles recovered compared to when I didn't do the shake.

Not really TOO complicated if you have free time and read around. I actually learned about the osmolality in my nutrition course right after I started the shake.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Good shit!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Good shit!
    Yessir!

I try not to complicate things too much.

If the basics worked for the guys in the past before the interwebz, then they will work for me.

Matt what do you think would be a good amount of carbs for someone who is 140 lbs to drink intra-workout

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

I now understand since you are collaborating with heavyiron on a product log -- makes sense.

You say you have done dbol ad drol before... does this mean you have ran testosterone higher before and other oils?

IF NOT --- I do not see why you cannot just experiment with Testosterone solo at 500/week or so and get great benefits.

-Matt
    Matt just riding off this post with a question pertaining to that product Pit was keeping a log on and the question for you is what is your opinion of HALO 4HER? Personally for me its a no but just curious to see if its worth it for women wanting to dabble in it. List of Ingredients

Ingredients:
    • 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-dine-3, 17b-dione

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    What do you think of carbonx matt? I know it has cyclic dextrins, but also a modified waxy maize starch as well I believe.

I am experimenting with cyclic dextrins now --- will try waxy maize "2.0"

I will try Hydroxy Propyl Di starch NEXT!

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by quadzillaharris View Post
    Matt what do you think would be a good amount of carbs for someone who is 140 lbs to drink intra-workout
    Damn good question actually...

body weight considerations...

training duration & intensity considerations

metabolic-rate/macro's throughout day considerations....

For a 140 lbs sub 10% male that is training like a nut case I would say for off-season

purposes -- 50g would be MORE than great.

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Matt just riding off this post with a question pertaining to that product Pit was keeping a log on and the question for you is what is your opinion of HALO 4HER? Personally for me its a no but just curious to see if its worth it for women wanting to dabble in it. List of Ingredients

Ingredients:
    • 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-dine-3, 17b-dione

It appears to be a low dosed "halodrol clone" -- which would similar to the Soviet Union popular steroid "OT"

or Oral Turninabol (4-Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone)

I think the characteristics on this hormone is a bit more favorable to women compared to say.....winstrol or masteron or more androgenic compounds

Its more anabolic than androgenic so I would I can see this working well for females...

-Matt
    Coupon MATTP

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast