Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic guidelines and RUMORS revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Damn good question actually...

body weight considerations...

training duration & intensity considerations

metabolic-rate/macro's throughout day considerations....

For a 140 lbs sub 10% male that is training like a nut case I would say for off-season

purposes -- 50g would be MORE than great.

-Matt
    Thanks for the response. How long would you recommend waiting to have a pwo meal after finishing up the workout/intra-workout shake?

Quote Originally Posted by quadzillaharris View Post
    Thanks for the response. How long would you recommend waiting to have a pwo meal after finishing up the workout/intra-workout shake?

I would ALWAYS have whole protein source post training -- whey protein isolate.

I would drink that within 10 mins after finishing training.

30-50g of whey isolate will ignite muscle protein synthesis perfectly at his time

-Matt
    MPA Muscle Intrusion -- www.truenutrition.com
    Coupon MATTP

Behemoth

30-50g of whey isolate will ignite muscle protein synthesis perfectly at his time

-Matt
    matt does it matter what and when the next post workout meal is if your drinking a intra drink

-Matt
    Thanks matt, solid name btw

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    matt does it matter what and when the next post workout meal is if your drinking a intra drink

It does matter.

You drink your post workout shake -- then I feel you should be eating solid meal 60 minutes later.

Peri-workout time frame is pretty important and giving the body necessary calories is worth the hassle of eating so frequent.

Its funny --- Its almost like a 'trend' now to be "anti-post workout nutrition" like "supplement companies have bullshitted us'

for decades and the anabolic window is crap" ---- well, sure the supp companies have fabricated things and pimped products.

But the importance of NUTRITION (not talking powders or pills) but that damn stip steak/ w jasmine rice and walnut oil drizzled over

will be in ANYONES best interest if you want to focus on maximizing lean mass accrual.

IF'ers, Warrior dieters, Cross-fitters...seem to think tons of eating is BS and 'bro-science' but I tell ya what....

achieving maximum muscle size as quickly as possible while training hard and resting -- you better be "Anti-Fast."

-Matt
    MPA Muscle Intrusion -- www.truenutrition.com
    Coupon MATTP

IF'ers, Warrior dieters, Cross-fitters...seem to think tons of eating is BS and 'bro-science' but I tell ya what....

achieving maximum muscle size as quickly as possible while training hard and resting -- you better be "Anti-Fast."

-Matt
    That's an interesting viewpoint Matt and I guess I might have to agree with you on it.
    I started doing IF to help with my cut, and I have to admit it definitely works for me at this point in time. I'm at the end of my cut right now and on very reduced calories and I don't suffer as much as I did during my last cut- still hard as hell though. IF helps with the cravings but I've also found I feel stronger and more energetic when training on an empty stomach. Could be a placebo effect, but I'll take it. I don't have to "evacuate" as often either throughout the day and that helps a lot with feeling more healthy.
    Preworkout and fat burner supplementation is in addition a lot more effective when ingested in a fasted state, there's no question about it.
    Overall, I'd say that IF might not be absolutely optimal for muscle growth in certain individuals but I'd have a bone to pick with people claiming it's actually burning muscle or any similar nonsense. All the research I've looked at shows that SHORT-TERM fasting is muscle sparing. I just wish there was a lot more research on the effects of short term fasting and exercise cause I feel like I'm part of a very small group of people doing this here...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post
    That's an interesting viewpoint Matt and I guess I might have to agree with you on it.
    I started doing IF to help with my cut, and I have to admit it definitely works for me at this point in time. I'm at the end of my cut right now and on very reduced calories and I don't suffer as much as I did during my last cut- still hard as hell though. IF helps with the cravings but I've also found I feel stronger and more energetic when training on an empty stomach. Could be a placebo effect, but I'll take it. I don't have to "evacuate" as often either throughout the day and that helps a lot with feeling more healthy.
    Preworkout and fat burner supplementation is in addition a lot more effective when ingested in a fasted state, there's no question about it.
    Overall, I'd say that IF might not be absolutely optimal for muscle growth in certain individuals but I'd have a bone to pick with people claiming it's actually burning muscle or any similar nonsense. All the research I've looked at shows that SHORT-TERM fasting is muscle sparing. I just wish there was a lot more research on the effects of short term fasting and exercise cause I feel like I'm part of a very small group of people doing this here...
    From what I have read...

IF works real well for a cut...

dumbest thing ever for trying to gain mass though...

Great way to cut all right......as in cut the amount of muscle you carry
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    Great way to cut all right......as in cut the amount of muscle you carry
    Show me the research or gtfo. You doing a fine job of stalking me though. Hahahah....

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

It does matter.

You drink your post workout shake -- then I feel you should be eating solid meal 60 minutes later.

Peri-workout time frame is pretty important and giving the body necessary calories is worth the hassle of eating so frequent.

Its funny --- Its almost like a 'trend' now to be "anti-post workout nutrition" like "supplement companies have bullshitted us'

for decades and the anabolic window is crap" ---- well, sure the supp companies have fabricated things and pimped products.

But the importance of NUTRITION (not talking powders or pills) but that damn stip steak/ w jasmine rice and walnut oil drizzled over

will be in ANYONES best interest if you want to focus on maximizing lean mass accrual.

-Matt
    Hey wait a minute am dabbling in cross fit but am still eating a crap load cause it leaves me sooooo hungry I drink a bottle of ISOPURE RTD and have a scoop of Ennercell with protein then get home and by the time I get home I wait 30-40 minutes and have me either grilled steak or grilled chicken breast, veggies, rice/potato and some nice sweets like a slice of cake or cookies or whatever but in moderation. Right now am on the carb back loading program...just trying it out and I have lost anything nor gained anything which is fine since am not trying to gain size just maintain and perhaps get a bit leaner sooo it working out for me. Still at 120 but I get to eat sweets
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think IF works great as well. I used it on accident essentially during deployment, eatting once a day was common. THis was always a bigger meal as well and we always worked out before we ate.

I lost a tiny bit of muscle for sure, but at the same time I got to my leanest point ever without any thermogenics or pills and looked great.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Behemoth

It does matter.

-Matt
    thanks matt.. are you settled yet as to wich carb/brand is so far the best to add to BCAA for a intra mix..also what other things can you add , without the kitchen sink dilema, to make a good home made intra?? when do you think you will have something on the market?? gonna give this a shot and hope the bloat subsides after both drinks to get the next meal in, in a desent amount of time.. thanks again matt

Show me the research or gtfo. You doing a fine job of stalking me though. Hahahah....
    He's so huge, he just can't fit in a single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    He's so huge, he just can't fit in a single thread.
    For a swimmer, he takes up a lot of space
    BuiltByMetal.com
    MetalGearClothing.com

Unlike some of the other "gurus" on here, Matt is not on here to spam his client's photos.

He is one of the few people left on here that actually makes informative/interesting posts and really goes into detail when someone has a genuine question.

Respect

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post
    Unlike some of the other "gurus" on here, Matt is not on here to spam his client's photos.

He is one of the few people left on here that actually makes informative/interesting posts and really goes into detail when someone has a genuine question.

Respect
    x2 knows his stuff and lets you know in detail priceless

your sexy and stupid...best of both worlds
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast