Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach PT 2

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Default Coach PT 2

So, im all for hiring a coach. There are some really good ones, and im sure there are some that are not so good. HOWEVER, is it a bad thing to at least TRY and do a prep on your own? To try and get to know YOUR body? Ive never used a prep coach (however, im considering one for next year), and ive done ok. Is it harder and more stressful, maybe, but you know when your in shape. If you are shredded the Sunday before the show, then you should be shredded the next week. Keep it simple

Iron Addict Sacrifice Without Regrets's Avatar

"Trying" is a disability built into human brains.

I should say, nowadays human brains.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    So, im all for hiring a coach. There are some really good ones, and im sure there are some that are not so good. HOWEVER, is it a bad thing to at least TRY and do a prep on your own? To try and get to know YOUR body? Ive never used a prep coach (however, im considering one for next year), and ive done ok. Is it harder and more stressful, maybe, but you know when your in shape. If you are shredded the Sunday before the show, then you should be shredded the next week. Keep it simple

Agreed Mike.

-Matt
    MPA Muscle Intrusion -- www.truenutrition.com
    Coupon MATTP

QFT!!!

I love doing things on my own, it's what makes bodybuilding fun.

That being said, I am not opposed to hiring someone if I ever had extra money to throw around, especially for training.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/
    20% OFF Prime Nutrition - DNUTZ20 - http://primenutrition.com/

PM me if you have any questions!

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    QFT!!!

I love doing things on my own, it's what makes bodybuilding fun.

That being said, I am not opposed to hiring someone if I ever had extra money to throw around, especially for training.
    If I could afford it, I would SO hire someone, but I think that doing your own thing once or twice will help you when you work with someone.

I dont know CRAP! Not as much as Matt or Meadows or Noel. So having some extra knowledge cant hurt

IMO, the only thing you should really NEED a coach for is the last 7-10 days or so. More for water manipulation and diuretics.

You should be able to get lean as fuck on your own with all there is to read online.
    www.builtbymetal.com/forum
    John Meadows live video Q & A coming early next month! Get signed up.

Beach Body

I'm 100% with you for the most part. I've never competed and if I decided to, I'd do it on my own. The one area where I think someone that's never done it before needs help is that final week. From what I understand, you can ruin everything in that week. I feel I have the ability to get myself shredded but I don't know if I could dial it in 100% on the day that matters most on my own.

Iron Addict

There's a mental component that very FEW coaches touch upon and in my opinion - those few are worth their weight in gold. Also it doesn't hurt to work with someone that has expertise beyond you. I've prepped myself twice...and placed well, while shredded and doing everything I could, I still could not get clarity in the glutes and hamstrings...so why wouldn't you hire a guy with a track record of bringing in people like that? Saves you the trial and error experience.

at 7-5 weeks out most people have body dysmorphia either from the stress of the competition or the rigors of a diet, its great to have a trained eye to keep you on track, for some people its worth the money to come in with help.

I have never had a coach, but I do have people I trust to be blunt and honest - that's gold.

As for the final week manipulations, that's great; but like BMC said - if you look shredded a week out, doing nothing different seems to have a higher success rate than anything coaches do. Even Hany, Farah, and Aceto don't bring their guys in perfectly every time. Seems as if that tightrope between being bone-dry and full vs. flat as shit or the worst, watery is a very thin line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I have never had a coach, but I do have people I trust to be blunt and honest - that's gold.

As for the final week manipulations, that's great; but like BMC said - if you look shredded a week out, doing nothing different seems to have a higher success rate than anything coaches do. Even Hany, Farah, and Aceto don't bring their guys in perfectly every time. Seems as if that tightrope between being bone-dry and full vs. flat as shit or the worst, watery is a very thin line.
    I don't think it's rocket science...if you're that ready a week before....just drink a little less water and eat a few more carbs the day before.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!

I don't think it's rocket science...if you're that ready a week before....just drink a little less water and eat a few more carbs the day before.
    Welcome to third place

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    Welcome to third place
    Even if you are ready?

I honestly don't know.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    Welcome to third place
    At the USA or Nationals, sure. But at the local level I have rarely ever seen it so close that if one guy was just a little drier he would have won.

Even if you are ready?

I honestly don't know.
    If you have striated glutes, you are about as ready as you will be. Most competitors aren't that extremely lean, and look to all the water and carb manipulation to work magic on them.

Can't tell you how many times I have seen someone at a week out or so who clearly wasn't as lean as he or she should have been, and they assure me they will be fine 'once I drop my water.' 99 times out of 100, what they need to drop is fat, and it ain't gonna happen in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    If you have striated glutes, you are about as ready as you will be. Most competitors aren't that extremely lean, and look to all the water and carb manipulation to work magic on them.
    Striated glutes is my goal for my first show.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast