Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is bodybuilding the most 'hilarious' subculture?

Spotter
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Anglesey, North Wales

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    That's why I stopped bodybuilding at 23 when more and more gay shit (no pun intended) started happening. Just wasn't for me. I was using a "guru" at the time, who is somewhat known, and the dude starts masturbating under the covers in the bed next to me in a hotel room. I abruptly left, and never competed again, and never will.
    Time to start a thread about this in The Pit?!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    You cannot tell a story like that without giving us a clue who it was?

Was he from Ohio?
    No east coast, but used to fly out for the Ohio contests, like the Powerhouse and Arnold.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

No east coast, but used to fly out for the Ohio contests, like the Powerhouse and Arnold.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

I had been hit on by plenty of gays, from working in gym's since I was 15, but that was the weirdest shit that ever happened to me.

Lou you either give us a name or your BANNED you SOB! - per Iron8
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    Lou you either give us a name or your BANNED you SOB! - per Iron8
    check your inbox.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

When i was 16 I did the Kentucky Derby show in Lousiville and after i got off stage I had a dude ask to take a few pics of me. Ok, sure. So he leads me to this small room and busts out his Polaroid (this was before digital) and has me hit various poses for like 10 min. I was exhausted. He tells me he will mail me the pics but never took my address. My first and only G4-NON-P

When i was 16 I did the Kentucky Derby show in Lousiville and after i got off stage I had a dude ask to take a few pics of me. Ok, sure. So he leads me to this small room and busts out his Polaroid (this was before digital) and has me hit various poses for like 10 min. I was exhausted. He tells me he will mail me the pics but never took my address. My first and only G4-NON-P
    hahaha. Irving Gelb took some shots of me training at the World gym in Columbus after prejudging at the Arnold, he sent me the negatives. I'm not sure if I did g4nonp, but probably.

BWAAAAHAAHHA!!! Something similar like this happed to me by a guy named D.C. Leroux in NY years ago.
    Dude caught me after a show and took some pics, then wanted me to come back to shoot a video. Thats when the gay started, and when I got the hell outta dodge!
    Those who try to bring you down are clearly beneath you. ~S.Whyte

Iron Addict

He's a nice guy, really don't want to throw him under the bus. He's just an undercover gay (pun intended). He has taken a few to pro level.
    I get queer vibes from a lot of dudes in the industry...your story frightens me.

I would not like to hire the gay guru. His drooling might ruin my spray tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    Granted there are a few that rival the humor to be found in bodybuilding. But let's make an honest assessment. The ridiculous megalomania involved, an entire industry of bullshit supplements, a culture built around body-dysmorphic disorder, a top contender that had sex with a grapefruit, young 'muscle stud's relieving themselves to masturbating queens on webcam, spandex workout apparel. This isn't meant to be inflammatory but simply some analytical observation on this 'cult' of ours. Bodybuilding has done wonders for my life in many ways but when you get down to it it's downright hilarious.
    If by hilarious you mean disgusting, yes I fully agree

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    Nice choice of word for "hilarious".

The philosophy behind this sport/lifestyle deserves so much respect yet it's being dragged down to the mud.
    No, the philosophy of health and fitness deserves much respect. BB is all about ego, arrogance, self worship, male worship and mental disorders.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    I think one of the worst things about it is seeing young kids "into it" and posing, constantly taking pics in the mirror at the gym, wearing ridiculous shit. Just completely delusional and douchebaggery.

Then these bb.com nerds with their "mirrin" and "jelly" I mean, I can't imagine they possibly talk like the in real life.
    truth. If you don't attend a BB show and don't hate everybody there you are probably the problem.
    BBers are not all there mentally. There are a LOT of issues if you ask me. Im no different. The constant worry about looking small, making sure you have your "shit" for your show, the over eating to gain size then the extreme diet to get lean. Putting God knows what in my shoulder every 3 days! CRAZY
    This

That's why I stopped bodybuilding at 23 when more and more gay shit (no pun intended) started happening. Just wasn't for me. .
    We are not so different you and I.

Finally a thread where I agree with more than one person.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    Granted there are a few that rival the humor to be found in bodybuilding. But let's make an honest assessment. The ridiculous megalomania involved, an entire industry of bullshit supplements, a culture built around body-dysmorphic disorder, a top contender that had sex with a grapefruit, young 'muscle stud's relieving themselves to masturbating queens on webcam, spandex workout apparel. This isn't meant to be inflammatory but simply some analytical observation on this 'cult' of ours. Bodybuilding has done wonders for my life in many ways but when you get down to it it's downright hilarious.
    its incredibly douche worthy. i cringe at 99 percent of the shit i read here, or see...
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Amateur Threat

Every subculture has its weirdos & borderline types. Besides bodybuilding, I am pretty familiar with science fiction fandom, & there are loonies coming out of the woodwork there. However, there are also a lot of great people, like in the bodybuilding world.

BTW, if I spent a year preparing for a competition, I wouldn't end my competitive career just because I roomed with a rude idiot I didn't know well. I'd just get another hotel room.

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

hahaha. Irving Gelb took some shots of me training at the World gym in Columbus after prejudging at the Arnold, he sent me the negatives. I'm not sure if I did g4nonp, but probably.
    Irv Gelb is a notorious homo. I think he has been assaulted a few times for ripping people off from what I've heard as well.

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

When I was a naive 19 year old a very demanding "Jimmy Z' gave me a creepy vibe at my first competition saying he wanted to do a 'photoshoot'. Unbeknownst at the time to the seedy world of underground bodybuilding I thought I had made it big! Later that night I googled his name and found his repugnant male gay for pay exploitation site.

Why yes it is.
    Real men deadlift.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast