Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Truth About Saturated Fat

Quote Originally Posted by °º©SIL©º° View Post
    The Center For Disease Control did a 13 year study and found mind-blowing 200 cases when raw milk caused health issues...lol 200 cases of diarrhea and stomach pains..hundreds of thousands of people dying every year as a result of developing cancer from consuming hormone treated animal diary...stop listening to those government clowns and their junk science..
    TRUTH

I've been eating a lot more fat and a lot less carbs. Not for any fat-loss our bodybuilding reason, just for energy and health. I feel so much better. My saturated fat consumption would scare most people.

Just so everyone knows, a lot of John's knowledge comes from the research and work of Weston A. Price. If you're interested in this type of diet, check out the Weston A. Price Foundation.

As always, fuck off...
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by °º©SIL©º° View Post
    cutting all the carbs and switching to saturated fats was the best decision i ever made..
    Me too, brother. I still eat carbs after training and before bed. If I eat them during the day I usually crash pretty hard. If I need to sweeten something, I use honey as it doesn't make me tired after.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    I've been eating a lot more fat and a lot less carbs. Not for any fat-loss our bodybuilding reason, just for energy and health. I feel so much better. My saturated fat consumption would scare most people.

Just so everyone knows, a lot of John's knowledge comes from the research and work of Weston A. Price. If you're interested in this type of diet, check out the Weston A. Price Foundation.

As always, fuck off...
    Heck yea B!

I actually used to be a chapter leader for them, but just didn't have the time to keep doing it. One of Mary Enig's books have a profound influence on me as well..."Know your fats".....that little old lady knows more about the effect of fat in our body's then anybody I have ever met..

JM

I try to read everything I can that you've written. You have a different approach based on the WAPF teachings. Such as your usage of certain carbs. A lot of your writings are lost in the black hole that is The Internet. I just realized that I get almost instantly tired after eating carbs. Do you have quick carb choices, or tricks that would prevent my drowsy after feeling?

Thank you.

Training Log

I'm really interested on learning more about this MD diet..i'm currently dieting and eating 200 C, 250 P, 50 F. Anyways, if i were to approach the MD diet, what the the macro percentage breakdowns? I understand that the carbs are really focused on pre, intra, and post workout. I'm a 200 pound male 6ft. I just don't know how many carbs or fats to eat if i were to start this diet...

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    I try to read everything I can that you've written. You have a different approach based on the WAPF teachings. Such as your usage of certain carbs. A lot of your writings are lost in the black hole that is The Internet. I just realized that I get almost instantly tired after eating carbs. Do you have quick carb choices, or tricks that would prevent my drowsy after feeling?

Thank you.
    What do the meals look like overall (food choices and macros) where you get tired...and what part of the day...and what were the previous meals?

JM

Iron Addict Sacrifice Without Regrets's Avatar

Thanks For the great article and sample diet John!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindog1 View Post
    What do the meals look like overall (food choices and macros) where you get tired...and what part of the day...and what were the previous meals?

JM

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Milk is BS, the health benefits of it have always been blown out of proportion IMO. I haven't drank milk (or used whey protein) in years and I'll likely never drink it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Milk is BS, the health benefits of it have always been blown out of proportion IMO. I haven't drank milk (or used whey protein) in years and I'll likely never drink it again.
    If anything, I'd say that we haven't even begun to comprehend the advantages milk consumption offers.
    There is a LOT of research on the health benefits of the immunoglobulin and proteins found in bovine milk.

Regarding potential... From the conclusion section of http://journals.cambridge.org/action...tyETOCSession=

Code:
    Commercial whey or colostral
    antibody preparations, which may also contain complement
    proteins, have been used for a long time as feed
    supplements or substitutes for farm animals, mainly calves
    and piglets, in order to prevent contagious diseases. These
    preparations have proven effective especially in the
    prevention of diarrhoeal diseases. Moreover, commercial
    products for human use have appeared on the market and a
    lot of scientific research work is currently under way for
    the application of milk antibodies in the prevention or
    treatment of microbial diseases in humans. Specific
    antibodies can be produced also in cell cultures or isolated
    from other body fluids than milk for use in laboratory
    experiments. However, thus far and in the near future those
    preparations are too expensive or not available for the scale
    of production required for commercial products. Milk and
    colostrum are ideal sources of these defence molecules for
    industrial-scale production because of their ready availability
    and safety as compared, for example, with bloodderived
    analogues. The main limitation of milk antibodies
    in human use is that they are derived from a foreign species
    and can thus be used only against oral and gastrointestinal
    pathogens or for topical applications. In order to overcome
    this limitation, it may be possible in the future to produce
    human antibodies and complement proteins in transgenic
    cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    I love milk. Love it...

Training Log

John, I have estimated the macros, is fat contest really that high or I overestimated? I assume this diet is 12 or so weeks out ant the fat and calories is cut out significally at the end?

180-140g C 300g P 143-173g F 3200-3300 kcals

Meal 1 — 6 whole eggs scrambled in virgin coconut oil, served with 1 cup spinach
    2g C 36g P 35g F
    Meal 2 (Pre-workout) — Protein Shake with Almond Butter, 1 cup oats, 2 pieces of Ezekiel toast with 2 teaspoons of grass-fed butter 80g C 45g P 20g F
    Post Workout
    Meal 3A (Post-workout) — Protein shake with 1-cup strawberries and 1 medium-sized sweet potato 42g C 45g P 0g F
    Meal 3B (Post-workout for extreme fat loss) — Protein shake with 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter and 3 tablespoons raw organic coconut, 4 oz. grass-fed beef liver 8g C 50g P 30g F
    Meal 4 — 8 oz. of Grass-fed ground beef with 1/2-cup raw fresh pineapple 12g C 50g P 12g F
    Meal 5 — 2 cups of raw whole milk, whey and casein blend, and 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter 30g C 50g P 36 g F
    Meal 6 — 3 whole eggs covered with 2 teaspoons of red palm oil, 4 oz. ground turkey thigh, and a large salad with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil 7g C 45g P 40g F

I bought clarified butter for frying. Anyone used it before?

Clarified butter can be made at home very easily. I've used it for French dishes. I'm not sure how much it costs at the store but it's probably too much.

Training Log

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123