Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 54

Thread: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery

  1. #1
    Beach Body Rabbit_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    419
    Gender
    Male

    Default Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery

    Many people are frustrated with today's cancer treatments. They are expensive, painful and often just don't work.

    However, there is a new cancer treatment that is free, has virtually no side effects, and can be used in conjunction with other cancer treatments.

    It involves cutting out carbohydrates, beginning with the worst carb of all - sugar.

    Killing Cancer

    Dr. Fred Hatfield is an impressive guy: a power-lifting champion, author of dozens of books, a millionaire businessman with a beautiful wife. But he'll tell you his greatest accomplishment is killing his cancer just in the nick of time.

    "The doctors gave me three months to live because of widespread metastatic cancer in my skeletal structure," he recalled. "Three months, three different doctors told me that same thing."
    His wife Gloria remembers it well.

    "It's a horrible, horrible feeling to have someone tell you that the person you love only has three months to live and you're not going to be with him any more," she said.

    While Hatfield was preparing to die, he heard about an anti-cancer diet, also known as metabolic therapy. With nothing to lose, he gave it a try and was shocked when it actually worked.

    "The cancer was gone!" he exclaimed. "Completely. To this day there's no trace of it. And it's been over a year."

    Starving Bad Cells

    Although it wasn't easy, Hatfield stopped eating carbohydrates, which turn into glucose inside your body. Cancer cells love glucose and need it so badly, that if you stop giving it to them, they die.
    "It just absolutely amazes me that medical science is just now finding this out," he said.
    Hatfield's cancer recovery, however, was not a surprise to Dr. Dominic D'Agostino, who researches metabolic therapy. When he and his team of scientists at the University of South Florida removed carbohydrates from the diets of lab mice, the mice survived highly aggressive metastatic cancer even better than when they were treated with chemotherapy.

    "We have dramatically increased survival with metabolic therapy," he said. "So we think it's important to get this information out."

    It's not just lab mice. Dr. D'Agostino has also seen similar success in people - lots of them.

    "I've been in correspondence with a number of people," he said. "At least a dozen over the last year-and-a-half to two years, and all of them are still alive, despite the odds. So this is very encouraging."

    The Ketogenic Diet

    All cells, including cancer cells, are fueled by glucose. But if you deprive them of glucose, they switch to the alternate fuel, ketone bodies.

    Except cancer cells. A defect prevents them from making the switch to using ketone bodies as fuel and therefore, cancer cells can only survive on glucose. All other cells can use either glucose or ketone bodies.

    "Your normal cells have the metabolic flexibility to adapt from using glucose to using ketone bodies. But cancer cells lack this metabolic flexibility. So we can exploit that," Dr. D'Agostino explained.
    People like Hatfield, who want to deprive their cells of glucose and fuel them with ketone bodies instead, eat what's known as a ketogenic diet. It consists of almost zero carbohydrates, but lots of natural proteins and fats.

    Gloria said the food on the ketogenic diet is in every grocery store and is pretty easy to prepare.
    "You can go online and there's cook books," she said, "It's clean eating. Just very clean eating, none of the sugars, the salts, the trash food."

    "Natural" proteins are ones that are in their original form. On the other hand, "processed" meats, like cold cuts and hot dogs, are off-limits because often carbohydrates have been added to them.
    Similarly, "natural" fats are whole foods, like olive oil, avocados, and nuts. Stay away from "trans" fats, such as shortening or margarine, any oil that is hydrogenated. Trans fats are man-made.

    Safe & Healthy
    Sometimes people are afraid to try the ketogenic diet because they think eating fat like this is bad for your heart. But more doctors say as long as it's natural, fat is good for you, even saturated fat like coconut oil and butter.

    "Is cholesterol the major cause of heart disease?" cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra asked. "Absolutely not."

    In his book, The Great Cholesterol Myth, Dr. Sinatra said the real cause of heart disease is inflammation, which comes from eating too many carbohydrates.

    "We need to coach our patients and empower our patients about the dangers of sugar," he said. "Unfortunately, they're not hearing that. They're hearing the converse, the dangers of fat. Fat is healthy for you, as long as you avoid trans fats."

    So by cutting back on carbohydrates and eating natural fats and proteins, you could improve your heart health and even wipe out cancer.

    Additional Information:
    The ketogenic diet has also proven successful in treating epilepsy. For more information, go to The Charlie Foundation.
    For additional resources and recipes for delicious ketogenic diet foods, such as breads and cupcakes with all natural ingredients, check out the following resources:


    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsci...y-to-Recovery/

  2. #2
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MD.com
    Posts
    12,513
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Very interesting.

  3. #3
    Iron Addict Langmuir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N. Hemisphere
    Posts
    2,760
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Check out the Gerson method too. The documentary is compelling.

  4. #4

    Default

    Most folks I know that try a keto diet think its ok to still eat 3 whoppers less the roll. It's strange w so much info out on such a simple diet that most of society still eats like shit on a keto and suffer because of it.

  5. #5
    Beach Body Rabbit_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    419
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phrankey11 View Post
    Most folks I know that try a keto diet think its ok to still eat 3 whoppers less the roll. It's strange w so much info out on such a simple diet that most of society still eats like shit on a keto and suffer because of it.
    Low carb does not mean eat as much fat as you want. Thats where they fuck up.

  6. #6
    Amateur Threat 1-Test's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit_Racer View Post
    Many people are frustrated with today's cancer treatments. They are expensive, painful and often just don't work.

    However, there is a new cancer treatment that is free, has virtually no side effects, and can be used in conjunction with other cancer treatments.

    It involves cutting out carbohydrates, beginning with the worst carb of all - sugar.

    Killing Cancer

    Dr. Fred Hatfield is an impressive guy: a power-lifting champion, author of dozens of books, a millionaire businessman with a beautiful wife. But he'll tell you his greatest accomplishment is killing his cancer just in the nick of time.

    "The doctors gave me three months to live because of widespread metastatic cancer in my skeletal structure," he recalled. "Three months, three different doctors told me that same thing."
    His wife Gloria remembers it well.

    "It's a horrible, horrible feeling to have someone tell you that the person you love only has three months to live and you're not going to be with him any more," she said.

    While Hatfield was preparing to die, he heard about an anti-cancer diet, also known as metabolic therapy. With nothing to lose, he gave it a try and was shocked when it actually worked.

    "The cancer was gone!" he exclaimed. "Completely. To this day there's no trace of it. And it's been over a year."

    Starving Bad Cells

    Although it wasn't easy, Hatfield stopped eating carbohydrates, which turn into glucose inside your body. Cancer cells love glucose and need it so badly, that if you stop giving it to them, they die.
    "It just absolutely amazes me that medical science is just now finding this out," he said.
    Hatfield's cancer recovery, however, was not a surprise to Dr. Dominic D'Agostino, who researches metabolic therapy. When he and his team of scientists at the University of South Florida removed carbohydrates from the diets of lab mice, the mice survived highly aggressive metastatic cancer even better than when they were treated with chemotherapy.

    "We have dramatically increased survival with metabolic therapy," he said. "So we think it's important to get this information out."

    It's not just lab mice. Dr. D'Agostino has also seen similar success in people - lots of them.

    "I've been in correspondence with a number of people," he said. "At least a dozen over the last year-and-a-half to two years, and all of them are still alive, despite the odds. So this is very encouraging."

    The Ketogenic Diet

    All cells, including cancer cells, are fueled by glucose. But if you deprive them of glucose, they switch to the alternate fuel, ketone bodies.

    Except cancer cells. A defect prevents them from making the switch to using ketone bodies as fuel and therefore, cancer cells can only survive on glucose. All other cells can use either glucose or ketone bodies.

    "Your normal cells have the metabolic flexibility to adapt from using glucose to using ketone bodies. But cancer cells lack this metabolic flexibility. So we can exploit that," Dr. D'Agostino explained.
    People like Hatfield, who want to deprive their cells of glucose and fuel them with ketone bodies instead, eat what's known as a ketogenic diet. It consists of almost zero carbohydrates, but lots of natural proteins and fats.

    Gloria said the food on the ketogenic diet is in every grocery store and is pretty easy to prepare.
    "You can go online and there's cook books," she said, "It's clean eating. Just very clean eating, none of the sugars, the salts, the trash food."

    "Natural" proteins are ones that are in their original form. On the other hand, "processed" meats, like cold cuts and hot dogs, are off-limits because often carbohydrates have been added to them.
    Similarly, "natural" fats are whole foods, like olive oil, avocados, and nuts. Stay away from "trans" fats, such as shortening or margarine, any oil that is hydrogenated. Trans fats are man-made.

    Safe & Healthy
    Sometimes people are afraid to try the ketogenic diet because they think eating fat like this is bad for your heart. But more doctors say as long as it's natural, fat is good for you, even saturated fat like coconut oil and butter.

    "Is cholesterol the major cause of heart disease?" cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra asked. "Absolutely not."

    In his book, The Great Cholesterol Myth, Dr. Sinatra said the real cause of heart disease is inflammation, which comes from eating too many carbohydrates.

    "We need to coach our patients and empower our patients about the dangers of sugar," he said. "Unfortunately, they're not hearing that. They're hearing the converse, the dangers of fat. Fat is healthy for you, as long as you avoid trans fats."

    So by cutting back on carbohydrates and eating natural fats and proteins, you could improve your heart health and even wipe out cancer.

    Additional Information:
    The ketogenic diet has also proven successful in treating epilepsy. For more information, go to The Charlie Foundation.
    For additional resources and recipes for delicious ketogenic diet foods, such as breads and cupcakes with all natural ingredients, check out the following resources:


    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsci...y-to-Recovery/
    BUT DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHY A KETOGENIC DIET WORKS?BECAUSE CANCER IS A FUNGUS (CANDIDA)!!!CHECK OUT MY TEACHERS SHOWS MON-FRI AT KNOWTHECAUSE.COM THERES 2 PARTS EVERYDAY!!!!
    J!E!T!S! JETS!JETS!JETS! Robby & Felicia

  7. #7
    Beach Body CrazyBaldhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    987
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    This is interesting stuff, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by phrankey11 View Post
    Most folks I know that try a keto diet think its ok to still eat 3 whoppers less the roll. It's strange w so much info out on such a simple diet that most of society still eats like shit on a keto and suffer because of it.
    Simple: people have no clue what they're doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit_Racer View Post
    Low carb does not mean eat as much fat as you want. Thats where they fuck up.

    Fat is about as important as protein in very low carb diets, actually. Fat oxidation slows down if there isn't sufficient dietary fat intake when in ketosis.
    LOW carb does not necessarily equal ketosis for a large amount of people. In order to certifiably establish ketosis in people with lower insulin sensitivities, it might be necessary to go completely zero-carb for a couple of days. Another trick that can help with that is doing intermittent fasting in addition to being on zero carbs. That's because fasting can also establish ketosis.
    TRUE ketogenic diets MIGHT be more effective than higher-carb counterparts for some people who are above a certain level of bodyfat. Lots of parameters in play here. Being in ketosis does not really help with dropping bodyfat once you start to approach single digits of BF.
    I do zero carb for as long as I restrict calories, but that's a personal preference. I pretty much trade increased vascularity for feeling more energetic, not having an upset stomach, not retaining any water (I can experience water loss in the range of 20-22 lbs after the first week in complete ketosis) and feeling more satiated. I might also do zero carb on certain days during the bulking period in order to enjoy some sausages with cheese and salami... Yum...

  8. #8
    Beach Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    932
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    why would the medical community what info like this to go mainstream...cancer is a HUGE money making biz.. it is a fuckn disgrace what goes on in this country with all the tech we have in our palms they still cant figure this out...just watched my dad go to this shit and it was fuckn ugly...thanks rabbit this was very interesting.... were is the best place to find out more on being in the ketosis zone

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    VILLAN IS MY BITCH
    Posts
    9,507
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    pharmaceutical companies where sponsoring all these questionable researches to discredit saturated fats for years while the biggest cause for cancer was/is carbs...simple solution for cancer is available but they are not interested because they cant make money out of it..


  10. #10
    Beach Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    932
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by °şİSILİş° View Post
    pharmaceutical companies where sponsoring all these questionable researches to discredit saturated fats for years while the biggest cause for cancer was/is carbs...simple solution for cancer is available but they are not interested because they cant make money out of it..

    This is exactly what I'm talking about. How fucked up is this. No fuckn money no cure. Thanks sil

  11. #11
    IFBB - PRO Evan Centopani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    8,425

    Default

    When you look at what's going on with regard to cancer "treatment", it's really absurd. Nearly everyone either knows someone who has cancer or they themselves have cancer. And when you listen to their stories all you hear is how they underwent chemotherapy and or surgery and oftentimes, after having the shit beat out of them between the two, were told they are cancer free only to then have it return months or years down the road. Why?! Because nothing was ever done to address why each person's body was a hospitable environment for cancer to thrive in! It is KNOWN that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment, a high oxygen environment or when there there is no sugar to fuel it! So, after wearing down the immune system with chemo and going back to the same lifestyle you always lived, why should anyone expect anything other than the return of cancer?! What amazes is me is that the doctors don't emphasize a change in lifestyle. And if you walk into any hospital and look at what's on the dinner plate of a cancer patient or any other patient it's borderline criminal. I have a tremendous amount of respect for surgeons who are more like mechanics/technicians than anything else. But most doctors are a joke...all they know how to do is push drugs and they almost never help "HEAL" anyone! Modern medicine, when it comes to healing patients and eradicating disease, is one big FAIL.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    VILLAN IS MY BITCH
    Posts
    9,507
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    ^^^big true..all the modern day diet we consume is full of hormones,mycotoxins and chemicals that are major causes for all the diseases that we get,yet we rely on pills and doctors to make us feel better..

  13. #13
    Forum Leader: Teen Bodybuilding Young Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,204

    Default

    Incredible. I want to learn more about this kinda stuff

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    VILLAN IS MY BITCH
    Posts
    9,507
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    Incredible. I want to learn more about this kinda stuff
    get a cancer bro..hope this helps

  15. #15
    Forum Leader: Teen Bodybuilding Young Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by °şİSILİş° View Post
    get a cancer bro..hope this helps
    Lets hope I never fuckin do. Nor anyone in my family, my grandmother died from cancer, apart from that no one related to me has suffered from it. It is one bad bastard of a disease.

  16. #16
    Iron Addict Langmuir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N. Hemisphere
    Posts
    2,760
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    When you look at what's going on with regard to cancer "treatment", it's really absurd. Nearly everyone either knows someone who has cancer or they themselves have cancer. And when you listen to their stories all you hear is how they underwent chemotherapy and or surgery and oftentimes, after having the shit beat out of them between the two, were told they are cancer free only to then have it return months or years down the road. Why?! Because nothing was ever done to address why each person's body was a hospitable environment for cancer to thrive in! It is KNOWN that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment, a high oxygen environment or when there there is no sugar to fuel it! So, after wearing down the immune system with chemo and going back to the same lifestyle you always lived, why should anyone expect anything other than the return of cancer?! What amazes is me is that the doctors don't emphasize a change in lifestyle. And if you walk into any hospital and look at what's on the dinner plate of a cancer patient or any other patient it's borderline criminal. I have a tremendous amount of respect for surgeons who are more like mechanics/technicians than anything else. But most doctors are a joke...all they know how to do is push drugs and they almost never help "HEAL" anyone! Modern medicine, when it comes to healing patients and eradicating disease, is one big FAIL.
    Spot on Evan. It amazes me that people don't realize that their immune system destroys cancer cells every day, and by using chemo which targets - among other things - the immune system they are shutting down the body's very ability to deal with the disease. Doctors are the biggest drug dealers out there, and they use their credibility to push their poison on an uneducated and fearful public. Disgraceful.

  17. #17
    Beach Body UsmcGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Doctors have always given me the willies. Creepy old men that like to touch people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •