Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery

Iron Addict

I've also heard that fasting cures MANY diseases.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by The Adam View Post
    I've also heard that fasting cures MANY diseases.
    I'm a big believer in the benefits of fasting, when it's done correctly.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    I'm a big believer in the benefits of fasting, when it's done correctly.
    I've been researching. I'm all about an ounce of prevention.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The confusion is mainly around what constitutes fasting.

When I fast I consume water, spirulina (sometimes other green food supplements) and I don't limit freshly juiced fruits and vegetables.

Iron Addict

When I fast I consume water, spirulina (sometimes other green food supplements) and I don't limit freshly juiced fruits and vegetables.
    I fasted once for 7 days. Just consumed water--but I could see why you could still incorporate vegetables or green foods (feeding yourself on a cellular level) and without the sugars the disease whether viral or cancer cells should fail. But why juice fruits?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I fasted once for 7 days. Just consumed water--but I could see why you could still incorporate vegetables or green foods (feeding yourself on a cellular level) and without the sugars the disease whether viral or cancer cells should fail. But why juice fruits?
    I think the minerals, phytonutrients and other cofactors present in fruits are important to continue taking in when fasting. Plus simply from a taste point of view they make the vegetable juice more palatable.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I fasted once for 7 days. Just consumed water...
    How did you find it all, was it worth it? Do you think 7 days was a good timeframe for a fast or would you alter than if you did it again?

Iron Addict

How did you find it all, was it worth it? Do you think 7 days was a good timeframe for a fast or would you alter than if you did it again?
    It was a struggle the first two days - just like contest dieting - I was getting cravings/urges...then I kinda found a certain rhythm with what was going on - lot of inner talk/meditation - and once I made the connection that I was inside this vehicle (my body) vs. being the vehicle so to speak, I was good. If I would do it again I would go longer. Which is what I plan to do - but I want to do it right. My first time it just felt necessary maybe because of all the processed food/shit I used to eat.

There's no confusion bro. Any prolonged insulin spikes while fasting will interrupt the fasting process- it's not about calories or nutrients, it's all about the insulin. That's why zero carb diets are interpreted as fasting by the body.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post
    There's no confusion bro. Any prolonged insulin spikes while fasting will interrupt the fasting process- it's not about calories or nutrients, it's all about the insulin. That's why zero carb diets are interpreted as fasting by the body.
    Yeah, I get you. But to kind of back up what I'm saying, there's people that say I'm not fasting because I'm 'eating' fruit and vegetables even though they're in a liquid form. Open to interpretation I guess but I class it as a fast, despite the fact that I'm still consuming carbs in the form of beets, carrots, oranges, kale etc etc.

Behemoth

so what to do about carbs...need to grow with the potential to die??? im assuming its about that hard to find happy medium between quality of the carb,activity level and body fat control?? like brutal master asked, so many BB use carbs to " bulk"..did our sport really just take a turn for the insane...like i said i just watched a couple of months ago my father get eaten alive by this thing and i still have a hard time sleeping and every ailment my parents had, i have and my brother is clear so ANYTHING i can do to TRY to prevent this killer is the road i want to take

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Brendon Doherty, who many of you know from this forum, was nice enough to spend some time talking me on the phone the other night. You guys should hear HIS story. Talk about full of win. As some of you have probably heard, he was diagnosed with liver cancer earlier this year, had over 75% of his liver removed and after recovering from 2 liver surgeries was told that there was still cancer in the remaining portion of his liver and that chemo would essentially be useless. From what I understand, he was basically sent home to die. Long story short, he explained that he made the decision to change his lifestyle by implementing diet changes etc etc. After 5 months of adhering to his protocol, he went in for a cat scan just a few days ago and the doctors were in disbelief because they were unable to find any trace of cancer anywhere in his body! I hope Brendon doesn't mind me speaking about all this but I find it not only incredibly inspirational, but more relevant to all of us than we may realize. I'm so blown away by this guy. Totally awesome
    would it be possible to let us in on what exactly he changed in his lifestyle? This is just out of curiosity, because this is not the only story, and many people state they have witnessed similar ones.

You're not wrong. Probably the film that had one of the biggest impacts on me (and highlighted just how corrupt and messed up the US health care/cancer treatment hospitals are) was this film:

I would really encourage anybody to watch this, especially people that...

a) Have a history of cancer or have been exposed to cancer through family or friends
    b) Those interested in natural therapies and the holistic approaches to treating (and ridding) disease
    c) Anybody that believes in chemotherapy, radiation or prescription drugs are the best and/or only way to cure cancer

Truly enlightening. It's simply amazing just how little modern day doctors and GP's know about disease prevention.
    I mainly agree but not upon the sentence in bold. I remember reading an interview with a doctor whose wife got cancer; despite his advising patients to be treated with chemotherapy he decided not to "go with the flow" and had her follow Gerson's method. Lo and behold, she healed.

The question to answer is: do they really know little or is it the system that is corrupt?
    Last edited by emaz92; December 15th, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emaz92 View Post
    would it be possible to let us in on what exactly he changed in his lifestyle? This is just out of curiosity, because this is not the only story, and many people state they have witnessed similar ones.
    I'm sure many of you guys would find it interesting. However, it's his story to tell and if he comes across this and wants to comment, I'm sure he will. The last thing I want to do is speak for him.

Those natural treatments as effective as trying to increase your test by taking cold showers and sleeping without pillows

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by devilon View Post
    Those natural treatments as effective as trying to increase your test by taking cold showers and sleeping without pillows
    You sound like a GP's dream patient

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    When you look at what's going on with regard to cancer "treatment", it's really absurd. Nearly everyone either knows someone who has cancer or they themselves have cancer. And when you listen to their stories all you hear is how they underwent chemotherapy and or surgery and oftentimes, after having the shit beat out of them between the two, were told they are cancer free only to then have it return months or years down the road. Why?! Because nothing was ever done to address why each person's body was a hospitable environment for cancer to thrive in! It is KNOWN that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment, a high oxygen environment or when there there is no sugar to fuel it! So, after wearing down the immune system with chemo and going back to the same lifestyle you always lived, why should anyone expect anything other than the return of cancer?! What amazes is me is that the doctors don't emphasize a change in lifestyle. And if you walk into any hospital and look at what's on the dinner plate of a cancer patient or any other patient it's borderline criminal. I have a tremendous amount of respect for surgeons who are more like mechanics/technicians than anything else. But most doctors are a joke...all they know how to do is push drugs and they almost never help "HEAL" anyone! Modern medicine, when it comes to healing patients and eradicating disease, is one big FAIL.
    A FUCKING MEN EVAN!!!ALL DISEASES ORIGINATE FROM A YEAST INFECTION (CANDIDA)AND OR A PARASITIC INFECTION AND LACK OF GOOD BACTERIA SOMETIMES PASSED ON BY YOUR MOTHER OR FROM ALL THOSE DEADLY ANTIBIOTICS PRESCRIBED BY DOCTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    J!E!T!S! JETS!JETS!JETS! Robby & Felicia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast