Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 182

Thread: Connecticut School Shooting, 29 killed including 18 school kids

  1. #52
    Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hell on earth
    Posts
    4,066
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    First thing that came to my mind.
    In my opinion they have to be one of the most dangerous 'substances' around today outside of nicotine and alcohol. There seems to be a correlation between these events and the people constructing them being on anti-depressants. Columbine was the first thing that came to mind.

  2. #53
    IFBB PRO JillyRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the move all the time!
    Posts
    1,392
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    this is an awful day for so many. I live near Newtown and I know a teacher that teaches 4th grade at this school. My heart goes out to these families. After teaching Kindergarten last year, I cant imagine the astonishment and terror that these little babies went through. What a coward to turn the gun on himself...

  3. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    In my opinion they have to be one of the most dangerous 'substances' around today outside of nicotine and alcohol. There seems to be a correlation between these events and the people constructing them being on anti-depressants. Columbine was the first thing that came to mind.
    I've drank more than my share of alcohol, weed, coke, acid, mushrooms, x, g, but would never take anti-depressants. Oh yeah, I did a line of meth once about 15 years ago on accident. I thought it was coke, stayed up for two days, praying for sleep, never again. I'm honest about everything, who cares. The anti-depressants aren't needed in my opinion. Why would you take a medicine with a known side effect of suicidal thoughts/tendencies. Anyways, this shit had me in tears today, where are my wellbutrins, just kidding.

  4. #55
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    16,993
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    I've drank more than my share of alcohol, weed, coke, acid, mushrooms, x, g, but would never take anti-depressants. Oh yeah, I did a line of meth once about 15 years ago on accident. I thought it was coke, stayed up for two days, praying for sleep, never again. I'm honest about everything, who cares. The anti-depressants aren't needed in my opinion. Why would you take a medicine with a known side effect of suicidal thoughts/tendencies. Anyways, this shit had me in tears today, where are my wellbutrins, just kidding.
    Its all Bullshit! The world has Evil people in it and Theses Quack Shrinks are a big part of the problem! Pack heat if you want to have a chance at survival! And The parents who let thier kids talk to the press are Fucked up too!

  5. #56

    Default

    Obama will use this event to get rid of the 2nd amendment.

  6. #57
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    16,993
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    That's the first thing I said when I saw them sticking a mic in a kids face. rediculous.
    [/B]
    The parents allowing this Insane!

  7. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Its all Bullshit! The world has Evil people in it and Theses Quack Shrinks are a big part of the problem! Pack heat if you want to have a chance at survival! And The parents who let thier kids talk to the press are Fucked up too!
    That's the first thing I said when I saw them sticking a mic in a kids face. rediculous.

  8. #59
    Iron Addict Sacrifice Without Regrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,664
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Moral panic is often used as a political weapon. School shooting is a perfect example of moral panic.

    Quote Originally Posted by squat4yakin View Post
    Obama will use this event to get rid of the 2nd amendment.

  9. #60
    Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hell on earth
    Posts
    4,066
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    No one is going after the 2nd amendment... With the power of the NRA in this country it's political suicide. Actually gun-nuts piss me off because they were the first group squawking how Obama was going to "Take away ur gunz!" in 2008. Then came the drastic rise in ammo. Now just to buy rounds for my ruger .357 it's a pretty penny compared to what it used to be.

  10. #61

  11. #62
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    63
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    "...the U.S. constitution's second amendment is intended in part to maintain "the security of a free State" by ensuring that the government doesn't have a monopoly on force. Though it's worth considering another police state here: Tunisia, which had the lowest firearm ownership rate in the world (one gun per thousand citizens, compared to America's 890) when its people toppled a brutal, 24-year dictatorship and sparked the Arab Spring."

    http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...deaths/260189/

  12. #63
    Beast TGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,267
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Normally I'm alla bout killing bad guys but I really wish this monster had lived. He doesn't deserve death. He needs to be locked in a cage, alone forever and die knowing what he did. He needs to be beat and humiliated. I wish his mom had lived so he has to survive knowing how much she hates him.
    Yesterday I didn't get to pay attention to much of the news and now that it's sinking in I feel sick.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

  13. #64
    Beast TGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,267
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Another shooting...
    Only in America. Everyone should be allowed a gun, great laws.
    Yeah because in other countries they hack off teh limbs of children in diamond mines. They sell children into pornography and prostitution rings. Their children starve to death because the parents and government are worthless. You are a fucking moron, a bunch of kids get murdered by a psychopatha andyou come in with this crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    As I pointed out in the other thread made by the evangelical nut there's always been a 40% increase in US homicides in the time of war. What happens when were in endless war?
    Stats and sources or gtfo
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

  14. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    Normally I'm alla bout killing bad guys but I really wish this monster had lived. He doesn't deserve death. He needs to be locked in a cage, alone forever and die knowing what he did. He needs to be beat and humiliated. I wish his mom had lived so he has to survive knowing how much she hates him.
    Yesterday I didn't get to pay attention to much of the news and now that it's sinking in I feel sick.
    Let him out for a couple hours a day with this guy.


  15. #66
    Team MD Peter McGough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,723
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Some say now is not the time to discuss gun control, but the same was said in the immediate aftermath of the Aurora, Gabby Giffords and Virginia Tech shooting and then it was forgotten about, and here we go again. Whys doe a private citizen need semi-automatic weapons? I have lived in the USA for over 20 years and am very grateful to this country and its people. However, the one blind spot I’ve found is overhauling gun control. I know this treads on a lot of toes and I’ve tended not to get involved in discussions of gun control but what the hell, here goes. In a lot of other countries firearms are not so accessible. Consider the statistics below for my country, Britain compared to the USA. And I can absolutely tell you my fellow Brits are no less violent than Americans, they just don’t have such easy access to guns.

    Population of USA: 314 million
    Population of UK: 62 million (about 1/5 of USA)

    Total number of murders in USA for 2010: 12,996
    Total number by firearms: 8,775 (67.5%)

    Total number of murders in UK for 2011: 638
    Total number by firearms: 58 (9%)

    Britain is a fifth the size of population of USA so if USA murder rate was same per capita as Britain there would be 3,190 USA murders not 12,996.

    Total number of murders by firearms in USA is 8,775 (67.5%). If USA had same 9% murder by firearms rate as Britain, US firearms murders would be 1,169 not 8,775.

    Add the total for USA non-firearms murders, 4221, to the 9% rate firearms murders, 1,169, and the USA total would be 5,390 not 12,996

  16. #67
    Beast TGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,267
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Population and culture plays a huge role in any crime. If we break in down by state, the most violent are the larger and more diverse states. That's not to say any minority is to blame, it's to say a lot of people who don't share common core values. There are pros and cons to anywhere you live.
    America may have a lot of murders, but we aren't even close to being the most violent or fucked up country. Not even top 100. I'd take the chances of an armed psychopath (and my right to defend myself and family) over guerilla fighters, cartels, terrorist groups, civil war and a genocidal government.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

  17. #68
    Iron Addict Langmuir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N. Hemisphere
    Posts
    2,820
    Gender
    Male

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •