Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Aceto + Evan Centopani.... What can we expect in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    he clearly states if you are trying to act like some bodybuilding witch doctor and keep your secrets instead of teaching bodybuilders to think for themself and listen to their body people shoukd stay away from you...he said if you are trying to help people that's one thing
    He also says, "if you're stupid and lazy the guru is for you" LOL

I knew he would eventually need one, Evan obviously didn't when he said all that crap. Now he must obviously realize that a good 'coach' I hate the term guru....but a good coach can help him with his peaking too early issue.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Evans needs a second set of eyes, glad it's aceto!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post

I knew he would eventually need one, Evan obviously didn't when he said all that crap. Now he must obviously realize that a good 'coach' I hate the term guru....but a good coach can help him with his peaking too early issue.
    I can tell you're really excited but calm yourself. I despised gurus then and I despise them now. Chris is a coach, not a guru. There's a clear difference and it's one that I've explained before. I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand and I'm not looking for someone to simply take orders from. What I can benefit from is someone who is experienced enough to see me for what I am (as it's difficult for me to do just that) and work WITH me to help me bring my best to the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    I can tell you're really excited but calm yourself. I despised gurus then and I despise them now. Chris is a coach, not a guru. There's a clear difference and it's one that I've explained before. I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand and I'm not looking for someone to simply take orders from. What I can benefit from is someone who is experienced enough to see me for what I am (as it's difficult for me to do just that) and work WITH me to help me bring my best to the stage.
    I see what you're saying and I agree. And I hate the whole guru shit too. Coaches are something different and don't pass themselves off as omnipotent like gurus do lol What I'd to like to know is if you honestly ever saw yourself using a coach when you went on the guru rant? Or are even you somewhat surprised? I'm not excited hahaha just shocked really.

I think be it gurus or coaches...you were pretty clear back then that if you need HELP you're being lazy and somewhat stupid...but you must not think that now obviously. And I'm happy for you....you look fantastic 2-3 weeks out.
    Last edited by He-Man; December 14th, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

I see what you're saying and I agree. And I hate the whole guru shit too. Coaches are something different and don't pass themselves off as omnipotent like gurus do lol What I'd to like to know is if you honestly ever saw yourself using a coach when you went on the guru rant? Or are even you somewhat surprised? I'm not excited hahaha just shocked really.

I think be it gurus or coaches...you pretty clear that if you need HELP you're being lazy and somewhat stupid...but you must not think that now obviously. And I'm happy for you....you look fantastic 2-3 weeks out.
    Truth be told, what inspired me to write the guru article is a local guy who "helps" NPC competitors. He hangs around the NY shows and if you saw the guy you would never guess he has any interest in bodybuilding let alone, any expertise. But considering the fact that it's not always smart to judge a book by its cover, you could afford him the benefit of the doubt. However, I know people that he has "helped" and have heard the preposterous things has had them do, from insane dosages of drugs to diets that have no rhyme or reason to all sorts of guidelines that were pure nonsense all while refusing to explain to his clients why he has them follow those recommendations I even heard from one of his clients that the year I won Nationals, the way I improved my leg development was by injecting my quads with synthol. Ironically enough, the guy is constantly able to rope people in because he states, as fact, his incredible ability to "help" aspiring competitors. Not wanting to get into too much detail because there are probably people who might guess who I'm talking about and my intention was not to single anyone out. Truth be told, I suppose it would do more good than harm if people did realize who I was talking about and cut ties with the guy before he hurts them or anyone else. But there are plenty of guys in this industry like him and that was what prompted the article. The article was not based on my decision to work by myself for a time because I never worked with anyone like that anyways. I learned a lot from Dave and our relationship was a successful one. I can say the same for my working with Oscar. At the time I wrote the article I was doing what I felt like doing and I feel that was beneficial as well. My situation at that time, my past experiences with Dave and Oscar, or any future possibility of working with someone was not the basis of that article. I willingly accepted help from both of them and I never felt I was lazy or "somewhat stupid" for doing so. And I never said I don't want help from anyone. I don't want to blindly follow anyone, guru or coach. I want help and I want to learn. Even when prepping for the past few shows "by myself" I still had guys at the gym and friends who I looked to for an opinion when needed. I never said "Fuck everyone. Stay away from me. I don't accept help."

Hope this helps.

Atlas

Evan what made you decide to part ways with pistol?

Dunce award.. congrats..

after Evan's re-buttle, that is..
    Lorenzo- WHY AREN'T THEY COMPARING JOSE TO THE TOP 4 WHY

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Evan laying down the law! Aceto has alot of experience and Evans competative track record Of two pro wins aint too shabby!

Lorenzo- WHY AREN'T THEY COMPARING JOSE TO THE TOP 4 WHY

The exact thing I came in here to post.

Yes, word for word.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/

PM me if you have any questions!

Iron Addict Sacrifice Without Regrets's Avatar

In case if anybody on here hasn't read Evan's article on gurus...

http://www.animalpak.com/html/articl...ils.cfm?ID=581

Truth be told, what inspired me to write the guru article is a local guy who "helps" NPC competitors. He hangs around the NY shows and if you saw the guy you would never guess he has any interest in bodybuilding let alone, any expertise. But considering the fact that it's not always smart to judge a book by its cover, you could afford him the benefit of the doubt. However, I know people that he has "helped" and have heard the preposterous things has had them do, from insane dosages of drugs to diets that have no rhyme or reason to all sorts of guidelines that were pure nonsense all while refusing to explain to his clients why he has them follow those recommendations I even heard from one of his clients that the year I won Nationals, the way I improved my leg development was by injecting my quads with synthol. Ironically enough, the guy is constantly able to rope people in because he states, as fact, his incredible ability to "help" aspiring competitors. Not wanting to get into too much detail because there are probably people who might guess who I'm talking about and my intention was not to single anyone out. Truth be told, I suppose it would do more good than harm if people did realize who I was talking about and cut ties with the guy before he hurts them or anyone else. But there are plenty of guys in this industry like him and that was what prompted the article. The article was not based on my decision to work by myself for a time because I never worked with anyone like that anyways. I learned a lot from Dave and our relationship was a successful one. I can say the same for my working with Oscar. At the time I wrote the article I was doing what I felt like doing and I feel that was beneficial as well. My situation at that time, my past experiences with Dave and Oscar, or any future possibility of working with someone was not the basis of that article. I willingly accepted help from both of them and I never felt I was lazy or "somewhat stupid" for doing so. And I never said I don't want help from anyone. I don't want to blindly follow anyone, guru or coach. I want help and I want to learn. Even when prepping for the past few shows "by myself" I still had guys at the gym and friends who I looked to for an opinion when needed. I never said "Fuck everyone. Stay away from me. I don't accept help."

Hope this helps.
    Would this guru's initials happen to be J.O'R?

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    Would this guru's initials happen to be J.O'R?
    first name that came to my mind
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

I think Evan will get Chris in the best shape of his life.

Evan has experience competing and Mr. Aceto will greatly benefit from Evan showing him the ropes.
    NYC Golden Gloves...Here I come!

I dont care what anyone says...Aceto's "Championship Bodybuilding" is one of the best BB books ever written. I couldnt imagine being advised by him in real time..Evan is going to change for the better...and learn a shit ton.

Sent Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitch View Post
    Why is aceto the man now? He seems like a great guy and knows his shit but before rhoden and ced the last Id heard of him was with Jay years back. Why is he now the man and not Hany? Not a dig at aceto but a genuine question.

From what cedric said about him having his own input and ideas when talking to aceto and given Evan's own "thinking MAN'S bodybuilder" nature I'm sure they two will make a great team
    Aceto has been prepping top guy since 80's. He worked with Bob Paris, Mike Francosis, Paul Demayo, Laura Crevelle and many others.
    He did Eduardo Correa's Prep from 2009 on, same with Troy Alves and worked with Victor in 2003-2005 and again in 2011 for the Olympia onward, Dusty Hanshaw in 2010, and 2012 .

He doesn't solicit pros like all these other gurus do. They all go around and hang on to these guys coat tails and say I can make you a champ, while Chris never asks someone if they want to work with him. They come to him and he turns many of them down. He isn't even a drug guy, all he does is food, and his guys come out looking insane. I met him at the Flex pro and he was a super nice dude, had a good physique back in the day too.
    2623_61680709052_542814052_1558451_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    first name that came to my mind
    Who?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast