Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Aceto + Evan Centopani.... What can we expect in 2013?

This is gonna be some good shit.
    Instagram/Twitter: BigBadWolf00// Evogen Royalty // Switch-Grip
    www.thelamarbyrdjr.com

Meh, we'll see. Aceto seems to have a very good track record with his clients but I've read his books and think he doesn't know much about nutrition and relies heavily on conventional bodybuilding wisdom. Here are some gems from his books.

http://i.imgur.com/BqR9u.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by duncanlukas View Post
    Everyone hates on John oreagan but he did turn Dallas mccarver pro...at 21. He helped nick trigili blow up, same with Jeff long, kris lecomte. I mean obviously the guy is not a complete idiot. He knows something about how to gain muscle...
    Yeah--take a lot of drugs.

I'll be more than glad to help you for half of what he costs.
    BuiltByMetal.com
    MetalGearClothing.com

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Hold on, hold on.....Evan made such a HUGE deal out of using GURUS. He went as far as to call guys idiots, mindless fucks etc. And now HE is using a GURU? WTF.

Heres on quote from Evan on GURUS; "Perhaps the most important question to ask yourself is who the fuck wants to be a guru? Seriously, what type of person sits there and gets off on the idea that in their own little world they’re the one that holds the key to someone else’s success. It’s straight creepy is what it is. If you want to help someone it’s one thing. If you want to maintain this guru mad scientist image then you’re a fucking weirdo and everyone should stay away from you. Only a guy with low self esteem, a tiny dick, and no friends would ever want everyone to believe that he’s some type of superhero bodybuilding witchdoctor and it’s only that type of person that would rather act as a guru and guard their “secrets” rather than teach an aspiring bodybuilder how to be confident in himself and show him how to listen to his body. An honorable person or a coach would help a bodybuilder become independent whereas a guru would aim to keep a bodybuilder dependent upon him for any number of reasons. Stay the hell away from anyone who doesn’t encourage you to have confidence in yourself and make your own decisions. "

If he feels that way about GURUS, and Aceto is one of the originals, then Im confused? Evan now wants to work with a low self esteem, tiny dick asshole. Wonder if Aceto knowsmhemfeels this way? LOL
    He admitted in the article and in interviews following the article that he viewed coaches and gurus differently.. He also said in his recent interview that chris will just serve as a trusted pair of eyes and will not be doing everything for him; Evan can think for himself. Or do you just post first and ask questions later?

Quote Originally Posted by duncanlukas View Post
    There actually is no reason...the trace amount of protein in those sources won't be utilized to repair muscle breakdown. It's a waste of time to worry about small details like that. That sole example is the reason u thinks aceto doesn't know much? Lol, u sir, are an idiot.
    No, you're the idiot who can't read. The picture I posted is full of stupid excerpts from his books, I just chose to highlight the last one cause it's the most absurd of all.
    "Trace amounts of protein"... It's still protein and it can be used PERFECTLY WELL. If you think you can't build muscle utilizing protein from vegetable sources, you've no clue what you're talking about and should scurry back home to bb.com.

I'm really excited about working with Chris. There are plenty of good coaches out there and there are plenty of approaches that will work. That being said, from having talked to guys that worked with Chris and from my personal impression of him, my feeling is that we would work well together. From what I know about Chris, I like his approach best. That aside, he has a solid history of helping guys be their best. No matter how knowledgeable or how good a coach is I think that both the coach and athlete's personalities have to work and their basic beliefs should be in line and I feel that's the case with him and I.

Spotter
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Anglesey, North Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    I'm really excited about working with Chris. There are plenty of good coaches out there and there are plenty of approaches that will work. That being said, from having talked to guys that worked with Chris and from my personal impression of him, my feeling is that we would work well together. From what I know about Chris, I like his approach best. That aside, he has a solid history of helping guys be their best. No matter how knowledgeable or how good a coach is I think that both the coach and athlete's personalities have to work and their basic beliefs should be in line and I feel that's the case with him and I.

This year's going to be interesting! All the best Evan and hope you nail the O in 2013!

Rallybiker

to the OPs main thread question:

we can expect an unusually muscled man in a thong, with tanner and oil on, posing on a stage. Hope this helps
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitch View Post
    Why is aceto the man now? He seems like a great guy and knows his shit but before rhoden and ced the last Id heard of him was with Jay years back. Why is he now the man and not Hany? Not a dig at aceto but a genuine question.

From what cedric said about him having his own input and ideas when talking to aceto and given Evan's own "thinking MAN'S bodybuilder" nature I'm sure they two will make a great team
    Because Aceto has the best "eye" in the industry and nobody has his instincts when it comes to dialing in a bodybuilder ... The man has a gift plain and simple he has the ability to look at a physique and without crunching numbers or any other nonsense just knows what should be done next. He is also far from a drug guru and anyone that has worked with him can attest to that. I have heard stories of his athletes basically hanging up on him and laughing the first time he brings up the drug protocol because at how basic he really keeps it.

Aceto has a proven track record and I'm sure the two of you will bring your best package to the stage next time. As for the guru crap...you know I was bustin your balls but man do the fan boys come to the rescue huh LOL I have to admit though that I really thought it would be a cold day in hell when you hired a coach based on that article. It didnt really differentiate between local jack off nobody guys and the top level guys with proven records. Regardless I feel even the top guys like Hany, George, Chad etc get WAAAAAY too much credit for their clients hard work. Someone can recommend what to do....but the client still has to have the will power and dedication to follow the suggestions and not have a Big Mac. Anyhow, all the best.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo89 View Post
    . Or do you just post first and ask questions later?
    I just looked back over my last 7,000 posts and I noticed that I tend to use far too many exclamation points to show strong feelings AND too many question marks so I guess I post questions with emotion in my answers. Does that help?

Welcome to MD....have fun!!!????
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post
    Meh, we'll see. Aceto seems to have a very good track record with his clients but I've read his books and think he doesn't know much about nutrition and relies heavily on conventional bodybuilding wisdom. Here are some gems from his books.

Makes sense to me.. Why the fuck would you count protein from vegetables that do not contain the 8 essential amino acids? It is not complete protein
    Z

I think it's a great move Evan.
    Having a good coach takes some stress of your prep and allows you to just focus on training and getting the meals in.

Sometimes it is hard to view yourself subjectively and having that extra set of eyes can help as you defiantly looked over dieted and depleted at the O. I am sure Chris will help you come in hard and full.

Best of luck
    Z

This collaboration isn't going to work out. I have it on good authority that Aceto prefers white socks and strictly forbids the guys he works with from wearing black socks.

Amateur Threat

but are you really raedy to go " all in " with chris calling the shots after doing it all on your own with good results..not an easy thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post

I dont have any of my clients count proteins from non protein foods either...Nor do i do it myself
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

I like Evan's approach, it's a good move to have someone as a second set of eyes while at the same time not relying on a "guru"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast