Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    Jill

You are just the coolest woman.

Super smart too, brains, brawn and beauty, no wonder you have a toy boy

Respect

x
    x
    x

T

My boytoy ain't too shabby either

Its good company we've got in this sport too!

hi everyone!
    my name is Anastasia, if i'll tell you my middle name and my last name it might take you all night to read it!
    i moved to OKC from Russia in 1998 with my mom.
    i'll be 25 on 15th of this month.
    i was married for 2 yrs. and finally my divorce was final in sept of 07. it took 2 yrs to get this mess over with.
    i have a 6yr. old son PJ
    currently i'm a club(gym) manager and a trainer, also going to school to be a NICU nurce. i have 2 1/2 more yrs. i'll get there sooner or later
    i'm 5'4 and 147lbs, trying to gain 10-15 more lbs. until summer so i can compete in october. i want to get huge and naturally as possible.
    i'm buying me a Yorkie for my birthday, no other pets so far, besides my son, lol

Start slow. Be consistent. Listen to my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eddie View Post
    Hey and I definately enjoy watching them too Sue.

And yes your dancer avi for sure is the epidomy of Elegance.

Reminds me of my all-time favorite BB . . Rachel McLish.

She was such a great a poser and had been a dancer as well.

So Sue , one other thing I wonder if your looking to attend any major shows this years?

Like NPC USA or Nationals . . or Ms. Olympia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy69 View Post
    Hey girly! No more wannabe'ing! It's yours! Get it! Two steps to it - getting the basics of fitness & nutrition and the second is making it your own - i.e. learning how to tweak it for you.

We're watching you too!
    Mr. Eddie
    LOL I'm sure we like watching them for different reasons.

Love Rachel McLish - I remember watching her and Cory Everson and dreaming about looking like that.

Now I'm working toward making it happen.

For the last 2 years - I've been planning on attending the Northern Kentucky in March of 2008 as a spectator - It's been a reward that I've planned for myself but recently those plans got nixed as my youngest daughter is graduating boot camp around that time. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to attend at least 1 show but shhhhhhh on that-I only live an hour north )

I would like to attend the Jr Nationals as a spectator in June/July(?) of this year but I just have to wait and see (my birthday is in June and I'll be asking for this as my gift )

AND I'd like to attend the Arnold in 2009 as a spectator.

DaQueenSassy - You have no idea how much you have helped me and influenced me over the last couple of years. Mucho

I've strapped my a** to the wagon this time, food is fuel and fat is no longer a friend

I've lost 3lbs this week and did a re-feed today by eating more of my normal foods - like the 11 oz sweet tater. No junk here.

Quote Originally Posted by Que_66 View Post
    Hello, my name is Sue and I'm a lurking wannabe.

I attended my first Figure/BB show in 2005 as a spectator and was able to meet some wonderful people of whom I have the utmost respect for. I credit that event and the people I met with changing my life and helping me re-focus and prepare for the crap-storm that was coming. It came and lasted for a few years. It's been a pretty rough ride for me but I resolved to pick myself up after each and every fall. The storm is subsiding.

I am:
    --a lurker. I spend most of my time reading threads and following the progress of competitors. (Sallyanne, Sassy, TammyP & TamiB to name a few)
    --Age 41
    --5'4"
    --mother of two (21 & 19)
    --grandmother of one (age 2)
    --a former Marine
    --the youngest of 14
    --an IT person (DB work & Helpdesk but I love hardware)
    --living in sin with my bestfriend/boyfriend. (Since May 2007 )
    --socially retarded
    (I want Sallyanne's job - "you don't have to be nice to dirt!" )
    --enrolled in 2 IT related college courses that begin in Jan'08 (Yeah me!)
    --sensitive to stims
    --trying to loose fat, flab and bad mental habits
    --battling a shoulder injury (it's not fully diagnosed yet)
    --probably going to be diagnosed as hypertensive/pre-hypertensive when I go back to the doc this week.
    --called 'The Food Nazi' by people I work with. (If you keep eating crap - I'll keep telling you it's crap)

I have:
    --worked 2 jobs for almost 2 yrs and as of 12/1/07 - no more 2nd job
    --not cooked with salt in years
    --rarely used salt in years
    --crappy genetics
    --defeated myself at every fat loss attempt I've made in the last 3 yrs.
    --been called a 'wannabe' more than once
    (I wannabe better than I am and I refuse to stop trying)
    --no desire to compete but I would like to look like I could.
    --a BF who supports my fitness efforts - I haven't had that kind of support in years and it makes a difference.
    --several belly dance videos that I use on a regular basis. I love it and want to learn more but there are no local instructors and I can't travel to another city for lessons at this time. (I see that Bikerchic likes BD also)

I restarted my diet and training yesterday but I'm still waiting on my supps to arrive. Diet is roughly 40/30/30 but will be adjusted as needed. I have to 'take it easy' until the doc clears me on the bp issue and we figure out what I did to my shoulder. That means no heavy lifting and I'm supposed to do steady state cardio and not HIIT because the doc doesn't want my bp shooting up....blah blah blah

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. If you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask.

In the mean time I'll have my nose in a thread(s) reading up on how to properly train with hypertension, reading about shoulder issues and shaking my pom poms for those competing in 2008. (I'm a good cheerleader!)

Happy New Year!
    Que!! How ya doin'???
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

Wow ladies (and brave dudes posting in the ladies locker room! )

I an honored that you have all decided to share your lives with us.

For the last 2 years - I've been planning on attending the Northern Kentucky in March of 2008 as a spectator - It's been a reward that I've planned for myself but recently those plans got nixed as my youngest daughter is graduating boot camp around that time. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to attend at least 1 show but shhhhhhh on that-I only live an hour north )

I would like to attend the Jr Nationals as a spectator in June/July(?) of this year but I just have to wait and see (my birthday is in June and I'll be asking for this as my gift )
    Both excellent shows. Just LOOOONG. Bring a snack & a magazine for the N KY -- its the largest single night NPC show on the calendar and it will easily run until 1 am. Some very good friends are judges and I really enjoyed watching it the last time I went. Just a long ass drive up from Atlanta!

AND I'd like to attend the Arnold in 2009 as a spectator.
    Something to be experienced if only once in a lifetime!

DaQueenSassy - You have no idea how much you have helped me and influenced me over the last couple of years. Mucho

I've strapped my a** to the wagon this time, food is fuel and fat is no longer a friend

I've lost 3lbs this week and did a re-feed today by eating more of my normal foods - like the 11 oz sweet tater. No junk here.
    A pleasure to perform for you! Its a life-long adventure for me, certainly lots of ups & downs, what I like to call "learning experiences", but I am more and more excited by the growth and spreading of women in fitness and who aren't scared to throw around the big plates. Most empowering!

Its been stated ... the ass is strapped and the wagon train has left the station (lol mixing metaphors!) Embrace it and see what God gave ya to work with!

Start slow. Be consistent. Listen to my body.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    Que!! How ya doin'???
    Hello beautiful! - love the hair in the avi!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy69 View Post
    Both excellent shows. Just LOOOONG. Bring a snack & a magazine for the N KY -- its the largest single night NPC show on the calendar and it will easily run until 1 am. Some very good friends are judges and I really enjoyed watching it the last time I went. Just a long ass drive up from Atlanta!

Something to be experienced if only once in a lifetime!

A pleasure to perform for you! Its a life-long adventure for me, certainly lots of ups & downs, what I like to call "learning experiences", but I am more and more excited by the growth and spreading of women in fitness and who aren't scared to throw around the big plates. Most empowering!

Its been stated ... the ass is strapped and the wagon train has left the station (lol mixing metaphors!) Embrace it and see what God gave ya to work with!
    1 am - wow!.
    I'm doing my best and planning for success

Super Moderator Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    Wow ladies (and brave dudes posting in the ladies locker room! )

I an honored that you have all decided to share your lives with us.

Since ninja loco was brave enough...

-My name is DBowden, .
    - I have three children, and one Granddaughter
    - I have no GF. I have been married, I am currently Divorced
    - I am 51
    - I am 6'3 I currently weigh around 227
    - I work for myself as a Project manager/ analyst.
    - I am a home owner
    - I do not compete nor do I have any intention to.
    - I am currently bodybuilding training, to see if I can get as close to where I was as a young bodybuilder, 225 and highly defined.
    - I have lived a bodybuilding lifestyle, since I was 18
    - I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.
    - I love animals and children
    - I am a zen buddhist.
    - My hobbies are gardening, music ( I play several instruments)

I once upon a time, many years ago, was someone's 'boy toy'
    Now I am no one's 'toy' at all
    Last edited by Daibhí O'Buadain; January 6th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirHarp View Post
    - My name is F.A. Harper
    - I have a puppy a dashhound
    - I am living in sin w/ my girlfriend
    - I graduated from Winston-Salem State University (HBCU)
    - I am certified through AAAI/ISMA
    - I also sell high end fitness equipment

- - I have lost over 100lbs. Now I am 20lbs heavier than I should be

- I live in Lawrenceville GA, 45 mins from ATL

-I am a comic book geek. Can’t help it. Its in my blood
    - I am training at least one woman for a figure contest in April. I may be training another.

-Life goal is to own a personal training studio or a full size gym (just like every other trainer out there)
    I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and gals.
    I live about 45 min north east of you above gainesville! Nice to see a fellow GEORGIAN!

Default MY TURN

okay I will woman up and tell me...though I am pretty darn boring myself!

• My real names is obviously Amanda Carissa Frankum Gano
    • I have been married since April 27, 2002 and been with my hubby since July of 2000
    • I have 4 cats---1 of them is my baby Tiger...he is our son and he knows it.
    • I work for a police department currently its cool but repetitive.
    • I want to be a police officer and get my personal training and nutritional certification.
    • I went from 200lbs size 18 down to 112lbs size 00 a few years ago.
    • I obviously developed an eating disorder during that time.
    • I gained back quite a bit of weight in a years time frame and I am now about 155 lbs
    • I have been lifting nearly daily for 7months now.
    • I have had many jobs and didn't like most of them.
    • I have a lot of dreams and hope to be in a magazine one day...MD, Fitness RX or Natural BB
    • after my eating disorder I gained weight because I wanted to start a family with my hubby and had amenorea from not eating...I have been trying for nearly 2 years to no avail.
    • I developed an over eating disorder while TRYING to gain weight the WRONG way
    • I love reading self help books and health books
    • I have lived in NE georgia most of my life with the exception of 3 years in florida where my hubby grew up.
    • I drive a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse that my hubby got me for our wedding...awesome!
    • I am broke most the time and want more than anything to get outta debt.
    • I am a hard worker and when I get set on something I have to get it done.
    • my friends nickname for me is Ms. Dedicated
    • I have a few best friends, my hubby, my mom, my sister, Cyndy (co-worker), Jared in florida and Tiffany in florida.
    • I love to learn about healthy eating and working out.
    • I am willing to try most things 1 time
    • I have had a very bad habit since I was 12 off and on...currently on...I picked up smoking after being quit for a year about 3 weeks ago.
    • I am so hard on myself it makes my hubby mad.
    • I expect everything outta myself and nothing from others.
    • I hate negativity or rudeness.
    • I belive if you cant say something nice shut up!
    that is ME!!!

Hi!!

I'm Suzy
    age 35
    own a tanning salon
    been with my soulmate, my Mr. Brown for almost 16 years!
    no kids and our fur kids have passed away
    have just 1 goal -- get on stage! I wanna figure compete!!

I was a gym worker, then an instructor, then a trainer... now all I do is work my own flabby butt out, but the tanning industry sucks tigerballs so who knows, I might be back in the gym someday, shakin for da ching...

I'm 3 months into my training, another 3 months and I'll look like Sassy69 (HAW), wanna do a Powerhouse show in April.

I'm at 22% body fat tho I think my growth and definition is getting there but I know I'll have to kick ass to drop the flab by then. I got nothing else going on tho, so I'm focused like a lasar beam.

Here's what I look like now. Be kind, I know I'm no Brittney...

PS I LOVE this board. I love that there are so many pro ladies. I read a lot, don't have much to say, but I'm sucking it up!!! Thanks for having me!

Ms. Suzy, you look fantastic.

~~blushing~~ thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyBrown View Post
    Hi!!

I'm Suzy
    age 35
    own a tanning salon

I was a gym worker, then an instructor, then a trainer... now all I do is work my own flabby butt out, but the tanning industry sucks tigerballs so who knows, I might be back in the gym someday, shakin for da ching...

I'm 3 months into my training, another 3 months and I'll look like Sassy69 (HAW), wanna do a Powerhouse show in April.

I'm at 22% body fat tho I think my growth and definition is getting there but I know I'll have to kick ass to drop the flab by then. I got nothing else going on tho, so I'm focused like a lasar beam.

PS I LOVE this board. I love that there are so many pro ladies. I read a lot, don't have much to say, but I'm sucking it up!!! Thanks for having me!

Suzy you look fantastic...your goals are right at your fingertips just reach out and grab em and dont let go! Good luck!

Ok, I'm up and can't sleep, so I guess it's my turn. Not much to tell or that exciting a life, but here goes.........

Name: Jeremy
    Hometown: West Lafayette, Indiana
    Occupation: Computer Data Processor at Purdue University (Go Boilers)

My interests, and random facts:

-I almost died at the age of 7 due to complications following, of all things, a tonsilectomy.
    -I am very much an Evangelical Christian. At one time I was going to enter the ministry, but unfortunately that fell through.
    -I am a volunteer actor with Civic Theater of Greater Lafayette, having been in 10 shows with them over the last 4 years (8 acting, 2 tech), and I absolutely LOVE it!!
    -Every citizen of Kentucky is required by law to take a bath at least once a year (hey, I SAID "random facts!!!").
    -I am a HUGE fan of the movies, largely due to the influence of my father (and much to the chagrin of my mother!! ). At one time I had a collection of around 100 films (Dad has 300), but I've since become much pickier when it comes to what I'll keep or watch in the theater. To me, a good film is a good film: doesn't matter when it was made, what genre, who's in it or what it's about. Can't WAIT until Cloverfield opens 1-18-08!!!
    -I have been a fan of female bodybuilding for the last 24 years, and fan of figure and fitness for the last 3-4 years. My first ever encounter with female muscle was in 1984, when I came across the now-classic "Flex Appeal" by Rachel McLish in a bookstore at age 12. I was instantly captivated by her natural beauty, and she was the first woman I had ever seen to have something like serious muscle. I started flipping through the book, and when I saw the pictures of her training in the gym I asked myself, "What IS this??" The more I read, the more intrigued I became. From that time to the present I've been a fan of female muscle.
    -By law, you cannot plow a cotton field with an elephant in North Carolina.
    -I only recently let my appreciation of muscular ladies be known publicly. For 22 of those 24 years I (like a LOT of guys it seems) was a "closet" fan of these sports, afraid of what my friends and family would think. Two years ago, however, I had an double-whammy of an epiphany: (1) It is impossible for any woman to compete in these sports, let alone create and then maintain a physique at this level of development, without being a woman of exceptional personal character; and (2) Since these women by default manifest exceptional character in their lives and activities, it is foolishness to be ashamed or afraid of publicly appreciating and admiring such ladies for that reason. As a result I finally came out of my shell, and have been going to shows as well as posting on forum boards and MySpace ever since.
    -The very 1st physique show that I ever actually attended was the 2007 Arnold Classic: had NEVER been to a show in the previous 23 years!!
    -It is against the law to hunt for whales in Oklahoma.
    -UTTERLY SHAMELESS PLUGS: I maintain two pages over on MySpace dedicated to supporting muscular ladies and promoting FBB, Figure and Fitness: The Femphysique Networking Page at www.myspace.com/xianguy, and The Femphysique Links Page at www.myspace.com/physiquelinks. I also moderate the group The Femphysique Appreciation Zone at http://groups.myspace.com/faz, and have a videos channel dedicated to female muscle clips at www.youtube.com/femphysiquefan. Anyone here on MD is more than welcome to swing by and take a look, and if anybody has a banner to a personal website or company that's not already on the links page, PM me the info and I'll add your banner ASAP!
    -I usually attend most of the shows in Indiana and some of the shows in Illinois. The two big shows I usually can get to are the Arnold and Jr. Nationals (definitely going to both this year). If you're at one of these shows and happen to see a big bald guy with glasses walking around the lobby or expo in a seemingly aimless fashion, then tend to one that's me. Don't hesitate to come up and say hello if the opportunity presents itself!!
    -In New York State, it is illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car.

Well, that's about it. Anything else just ask!!
    Last edited by Femphysiquefan; January 9th, 2008 at 04:48 AM.

Spotter

ok here's m turn....
    -I am Greek, my name is Pete, I live in Athens Gr
    -I am 32 years old, 184cms, 90kgs
    -I am married and I have a son (5,5months old)
    -I am Christian Orthodox but I am thinking will change to Catholic
    -I am a police officer
    -I luv bb but I am not planning to compete in the near future
    -I am a fan and regular reader of MD magazine
    -I believe Arnie was the greatest, I like Lee Priest (he got ballz), Romano's writing, VPX booth girls
    -I like women, especially Latinas
    -I like techno music (breakbeat, d&b etc)
    -I wanna visit Australia soon
    -I like my jeans (used 501)

edited
    Oh shit I just realized this is the ladie's locker! sorry ladies...
    Last edited by Iason; January 9th, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyBrown View Post
    Hi!!

I'm Suzy
    age 35
    own a tanning salon

ROAR! Be yourself Suzy! You're something amazing in the making!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast