Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

age 37 just turned
    married to wes since 99, been together since 95. hes 22 years my senior. i have 3 step kids and 5 step grandchildren
    been a hairdresser for 20 years, own my biz since 96.
    2 twin boys...my 7 year old springer spaniel brothers ....radar and hawkeye
    only child, adopted
    my biggest fear is drowning
    used to be a distance runner...what was i thinking???
    i have not seen my natural haircolor since 1982.
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    age 37 just turned
    married to wes since 99, been together since 95. hes 22 years my senior. i have 3 step kids and 5 step grandchildren
    only child, adopted
    I knew you were a hairstylist but I thought red was your natural color!

I have the same fear of drowning although my also extends to being buried alive. Must be something about not being able to breathe.

age 37 just turned
    only child, adopted

lolol what were you thinking??

I had no idea you were 37. You do not look it - AT ALL. My longtime guy is 16 years older than me. When we go out I always ask him if he wants to eat off the senior menu. lol He turned 50 this year.

When i write it like that, 50 looks OLD. He's not, though. You'd have to meet him to understand. I'm very proud of him - he's getting ready for his first comp this year. The excalibur in December.

How does your husband feel about you competing?
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

my hubby has an AARP card!!! i have 1 too, from him, but i wont use it.....
    he is very supportive...though some things about this sport concern him...but hes great...hes a competitve powerlifter...does pretty well for being older than dirt!

yes.....37.....botox and radisse will keep me young forever!
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

he is very supportive...though some things about this sport concern him...but hes great...hes a competitve powerlifter...does pretty well for being older than dirt!

amen!

I think I'm going to go the Dick Clark way and just sell my soul to the devil in exchange for eternal youth.

geez I'm boring! y'all have real lives and stuff

name: Sharon
    nickname: sharonator
    dob: 12/22/77
    given dob: 2/14/78...yep I was early! see, even in the womb I knew V-Day was full of shit
    kids: none...and no plans of any
    pets: one cat-my lil man! he is a tarheel kitty
    when I grow up: I wanna be a DIVA

you're already a diva, babe. it's all in the attitude.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    I know a lot of you, but I don't really know any of you. I'd like to, though. Give me a little rundown on you and your life right now. I'll start:

- My name is Sally Anne Taylor
    - I have 2 dogs, 2 pigs and 1 son - he's 7.
    - I live with my long-time boyfriend. The BC Girls have met him. His name is Jeff.
    - I was in the US Army for 4 years. Stationed in Germany and in Korea. I was in signal/communications, and worked in high security bunkers as well as out in the field.
    - I went to the Art Institute of Phoenix - learned web design, 3D animation, graphic desing, etc.
    - I owned a western store for almost 7 years after college. I did most of my business online - I built my own website and raked in over $200,000 every year during the Christmas season. (over 1/2 that went back to expenses, though. Retail sucks. lol)
    - Sold my business and website out. Did nothing for a year.
    - Went to work for Jeff - he owns an excavation company. I learned to drive heavy equipment and am now a good operator. It's fun. It requires zero customer service skills because you don't have to be nice to dirt.
    -I'm currently trying to make the bc girls site and my own personal site fly. I consider my own site a hobby, really.
    - I plan on stepping it up next year competition wise, and am already in a musle building program and 15 + pounds over competition weight from the USA's.

How about YOU?
    I love how the son comes after the pet's lol

What a GREAT idea, you ladies are interesting and inspirational.

Originally from Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, have lived in Vancouver, Toronto, Amsterdam, and now, just outside London on the gorgeous Riviera on the Thames, Southend-on-Sea.

I have seen ALL the western states, those around the great lakes, and a few down the eastern side (Mountains in Georgia and NY).

I have been training since 16, running from 13 as track and field/athletics was my first love.

I have had ALL sorts of jobs including being a counsellor at a wilderness camp, doing landscaping, working in coffee shops/health food restaurant/kitchen...........

I worked with environmental groups like Greenpeace etc for about 5 years after my first degree (B Sc Biology, Fine Arts minor)

Then I moved to Amsterdam and worked either making or selling rubber clothing for about three years.

I then moved to just outside London and did the making and selling rubber clothing AGAIN but part-time for about 5 years (got to do a lot of GLAM fashion stuff, it was GREAT). I met quite a few Brit celebs, and I have met Pink and Marilyn Manson.........

AND at the same time worked part-time as a youth worker for the Duke of Edinburgh's, taking young ones out on expeditions.......

AND I was working part-time in a pathology lab as a medical lab assistant while doing a part-time degree in biomedical sciences.

Now I am a biomedical scientist, I am on-call in the hospital right now, and I do stuff like phone up doctors and the wards 'Do you know your patient has like NO glucose, did you give them a massive dose of insulin or are the in a coma?' Response 'yes we did have some problems earlier.........' DOH

I am finishing off my (jedi) master's in clinical biochem, just have my research project to do.

I have a very young boyfriend, he is considerably younger than I, we have been together about a year now.

I have been married, now divorced (I have indefinate leave to remain in the UK because of this).

I have my own wee flat with a sea view.......

LOVE bodybuilding, I really should be a painter/artist rather than a scientist, and I am going to write a book, soon!

x
    x
    x

T

Do you get botox now or just planning for the future? I think I need it now. I hate the lines on my forehead. I'm all for anything that will keep me looking young...except that part about selling my soul....

Yay...I've been dying to make some time to get acquainted with everyone here!! Here goes:

- My name is Leilani, born in Hawaii...in NJ now
    - I have 2 fish (originally had 7, yes I'm the worst, 5 have died already ughh)
    - I live with my bf of 4 yrs who's a HUGE supporter of all of us fitness women
    - I work for a pharmaceutical company here in NJ for the last 6 yrs and actually just got word today of a promotion w/a 10.5% increase, woot woot! Now I can finally pay for more supplements lol
    - I'm studying for my NASM cert. Got until Oct 5 to take it n pass without having to pay an extra $99 for a retest
    - Working on finally trying to build my website which was listed on my goals for 2007...hopefully I can pull that one out...
    - Working on getting my personal training off the ground (once I pass)so at some point I can leave the corporate world of hell and live in the happy training la la land
    - Just competed in my 2nd show (USBF Jersey Shore Natural) and won the figure short and overall(out of 15 girls). My 1st comp (NPC Northern States) I placed 7th out of 16 girls. Pretty stoked about my progress but still got a ways to go before stepping back on the NPC stage. Hoping to lose some inches in my waist and gain some mass in my back, develop my rear delts and most importantly lift up the ghetto booty n tighten the hammies. Got a lot of work ahead of me but excited about the journey.
    - My bday is next week and I'm having a get together with friends, plus a family party, all on top of a celebration lunch tomorrow from winning my show 2 weeks ago, a farewell lunch next week for getting the promotion and a welcome aboard lunch the following week to discuss the new job. How the hell can a person diet with all these damn lunch mtgs?
    - I plan on stepping it up next year competition wise too... I plan on competing in the USBF Nationals in May and then onto NPC. Considering the fact that I've gained 13lbs in 2 weeks coming off of my last show... I'm thinking after my next show I won't be so quick to heav ho to the buffet line...ugh. It took me 9 weeks to lose the weight n like 3 days to gain it back lol..amazing lol.
    - My bf used to play pro bball overseas in Argentina & Turkey, now he's back and working on Computers n hoping to play bball again after a knee injury
    - I'm half Samoan/German.. I look spanish so I'm used to the hola mami como esta comments lol... thankfully 7 yrs of spanish helps me to respond lol
    - Looking for a training partner in NJ...gosh this is soo needed... ummm right now I'm working with Mike Davies
    - Interested in taking some jiu jitsu classes... MMA is hott... hopefully it will tone up my stubborn legs...
    - Hoping to make some friends here...am a big supporter of all ladies willing to commit themselves to this crazy lifestyle and am here to help in any way

I could totally keep going on but obviously you can tell that I'm a bit of a "talker"

wow, hawaii to nj...how'd that happen? family? job?

oooo you're with Davies...I remember those diets and crazy cardios...hahaha...oy!

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    you're already a diva, babe. it's all in the attitude.
    this is true...there's a reason why I have gymdiva stitched into my nikes

Quote Originally Posted by gymdiva View Post
    wow, hawaii to nj...how'd that happen? family? job?

oooo you're with Davies...I remember those diets and crazy cardios...hahaha...oy!

Yea to NJ no choice of mine... I was a baby n my mama is a Joisey girl @ heart...she'll never leave here I swear lol

Oooo yessss...the cardio is enough to make me throw myself off a bridge...u used to work with him? I thought about using Dave but at the time I already committed to Mike and I don't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, know what I mean?

I understand...I was the same way at first but I just kind of quit renewing my diets and he didn't seem to notice...hehehe and he had seen pics of me for I don't know how many weeks and I met him in person at the arnold while I was talking to Jen H and he had no idea who I was...which was fine b/c I didn't want him to think, oh there's that slacker/quitter, etc...it was then that I realized just how many people he works with and unless you've been with him a long time or get to work with him in person, he'll never miss you...I think this man had 25+ just figure girls at jr usa's earlier this year...that's nuts!

I hear ya... since I'm sooooo brand new to it all, I'm just trying to find my way... I honestly came into the industry not knowing if I should turn right or left, CRAZY! I STILL feel like that! I'm just hoping that with more experience things, I'll be able to see the light on which way I should go. I've made a lot of improvements since being with Mike, so I'm hoping that it'll go a long way... I also know that if it doesn't.. there's always other options I just wish someone would take me under their wing because I'm sooo eager But I know I have to put my time in and all I can hope for is with faith...my time will come

Anybody watch Big Brother?? (majorly random question)

What's an AARP?

x
    x
    x

T

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast