Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

Lei,

What is a NASM?

x
    x
    x

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    What a GREAT idea, you ladies are interesting and inspirational.

Originally from Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, have lived in Vancouver, Toronto, Amsterdam, and now, just outside London on the gorgeous Riviera on the Thames, Southend-on-Sea.

I have seen ALL the western states, those around the great lakes, and a few down the eastern side (Mountains in Georgia and NY).

I have been training since 16, running from 13 as track and field/athletics was my first love.

I have had ALL sorts of jobs including being a counsellor at a wilderness camp, doing landscaping, working in coffee shops/health food restaurant/kitchen...........

I worked with environmental groups like Greenpeace etc for about 5 years after my first degree (B Sc Biology, Fine Arts minor)

Then I moved to Amsterdam and worked either making or selling rubber clothing for about three years.

I then moved to just outside London and did the making and selling rubber clothing AGAIN but part-time for about 5 years (got to do a lot of GLAM fashion stuff, it was GREAT). I met quite a few Brit celebs, and I have met Pink and Marilyn Manson.........

AND at the same time worked part-time as a youth worker for the Duke of Edinburgh's, taking young ones out on expeditions.......

AND I was working part-time in a pathology lab as a medical lab assistant while doing a part-time degree in biomedical sciences.

Now I am a biomedical scientist, I am on-call in the hospital right now, and I do stuff like phone up doctors and the wards 'Do you know your patient has like NO glucose, did you give them a massive dose of insulin or are the in a coma?' Response 'yes we did have some problems earlier.........' DOH

I am finishing off my (jedi) master's in clinical biochem, just have my research project to do.

I have a very young boyfriend, he is considerably younger than I, we have been together about a year now.

I have been married, now divorced (I have indefinate leave to remain in the UK because of this).

I have my own wee flat with a sea view.......

LOVE bodybuilding, I really should be a painter/artist rather than a scientist, and I am going to write a book, soon!

x
    x
    x

T
    you are a very interesting person.

talk to me about the rubber clothes.
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Do you get botox now or just planning for the future? I think I need it now. I hate the lines on my forehead. I'm all for anything that will keep me looking young...except that part about selling my soul....
    oh i do it! love it, though the botox doesnt last long..3-4 months TOPS.

aarp is a retired persons org, over 55. they get senior discounts with it.
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Leilani,

Congrats on your victory at the USBF Jersey Shore Natural!
    Last edited by siouxcountry; October 31st, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

-Suzanne and am 43
    -16 yr old daughter
    -Live with the love of my life Chase who is my biggest supporter
    -2 15 month old German Shepherds who are litter mates but one is a pituatary dwarf so he is only 28lbs and will get no bigger and has to take thyroid everyday
    - 2 cats Slinky and Bob
    -Lived in San Diego for 41 yrs now just outside Chicago and LOVE the snow
    -Legally blind since birth so never drove and completely colorblind, severely light sensitive
    -Studied computer science was a programmer for a few years
    -do my own website and want to learn alot more but the toys i want i can't get cuz all the money goes to contests Want a mac and adobe cs3 suite
    -was a Montessori teacher for about 4 yrs
    -started working out as a way to lose weight was about 180 and over a size 15 stopped wearing stuff with numbers
    -first competed in 2002 in bodybuilding
    -represented the USA in the World Winter Games for the Disabled in 1984 in downhill skiing in Austria

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    oh i do it! love it, though the botox doesnt last long..3-4 months TOPS.
    i want botox!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    Lei,

What is a NASM?

x
    x
    x

T
    National Academy of Sports Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by siouxcountry View Post
    Leilani,

Congrats on your victory at the USBF Jersey Shore Natural!

Oooooo yayyyy and now 13lbs later it's looking more like this...

How YOUU doinnnnnnnnn????

I'm Stephanie and I'm a momma of three (hence the name fitmomma3 - hehe) One princess in second grade and identical twin 13 month old boys!
    I'm married to a very loving man (the only person on the earth who could ever put up with me) - married for 7 1/2 years and together for 10.

*I am primarily a stay at home mom and work part time a few nights a week waitressing and bartending.
    *It's safe to say I haven't chosen a "career" or "path" yet. I've been a mommy my entire adult life and that's always come first. (No complaints though - it hasn't always been easy, but it was the best thing to ever happen to me.) My "career" if I'll ever call it that, has been on the back burner to my family and also because I have no idea what I want to do exactly...Well I would love to be a well respected popular figure pro, sponsored athlete, and fitness model, but wouldn't we all?
    * I danced competitively as a child through to an adult and in a performing arts group up until about five years ago - I would love to get back into that, but right now there are not enough hours in the day.
    **I also love theater and have been in a few small plays (nothing big, just for fun)
    *When I think back to anything that ever inspired me as a child it was always either a performance or a memorable sporting event.
    *I have enough passion to fill a football stadium and that sometimes gets me into trouble because I think with my heart not always my head.
    *I have personal trained and taught group ex. for the past five years, and am taking a break to focus on competing and my family.
    *I have also taught dance and gymnastics for a few years
    *Was an office manager for a few years
    *Sold jewelry for a little bit
    *And even was a manager at LA Weight loss for a while
    *I started off in College as an Accounting Major but was bored stiff with that. Transfered to early childhood, but hadn't completely sunk my teeth in that idea, and went onto take a lot of fitness type courses but am not sure that I want a degree in that. - If you can't tell I change paths quickly...figure/fitness is the only thing that has created a passion spark in me and kept me wanting more.

I am a walking contradiction I fit into no stereo type or genre and I love that!
    *I'm a girly girl who camps and burps
    *I'm a fitness freak who's addicted to sugar
    *I'm am motherly at heart but have no problem letting loose when I want to
    *I am a HUGE flirt but so faithful to my husband
    *I am extremely open/sexual/liberal, but do have morals
    *I am an old soul, but young at heart
    *I love material things, but know their place in priorities
    *I despise arrogance but LOVE confidence
    *I am the most unorganized perfectionist you will ever meet, organized chaos is my drug of choice
    *I am spiritual but not religious

I always say I like to have my cake and eat it too. One day you may see me woofing down a cheeseburger, fries, and tall Coors light, and the next day I'm measuring 5 oz of chicken 1 cup of spinach and a sweet potato. One day you'll see me with my kids in my Mommy clothes at the library doing story time, and the next day you'll see me at the gym in my sports bra listening to hard rock as I squat my legs away. Today I may enjoy Happy Feet with Bianca at the movies, and tomorrow me & Ern are at Martha's dancing on the bar! Just when you think you've got me figured out I'll go ahead and change on you. I'm not just a stay at home Mom, I'm not just a wife, I'm not just a figure competitor, I'm not just a trainer, I'm not just an ANYTHING – I AM ME!!!! A bit of a spaz, but I do what makes me happy and works for me and my family. And I have the energy of a Jack Russel who bounces around the house all day.

My personality is part OCD (because if it's not PERFECT, it's not for me) and part ADD (because if it can't keep my attention…poof it's gone) - LOL

I am outgoing, friendly, open-minded, energetic, positive,opinionated, brutally honest, sarcastic, random, caring, goofy, and optimistic. I love life lists, setting goals, inspirations, and a good challenge! I'm competitive to the point of no return, which I have to say can be a weakness at some points, because I can't even enjoy Pictionary if I'm losing - LOL -
    Believe me the competitiveness I have is not a choice, it's in my soul, it's a sickness, I do not control it… but I DO FEED IT!! I like to read, like to write, love to think...yet I despise structured classes. I have the attention span of a two year old, however if something inspires and captivates me I'm stuck on it! Most of ALL...I LOVE TO LAUGH!! When I leave this world I hope to leave behind more than an ass print on the couch. Life is short... its our job to make it Sweet!
    Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by FitSuzanne View Post
    -Suzanne and am 43
    -16 yr old daughter
    -Live with the love of my life Chase who is my biggest supporter
    -2 15 month old German Shepherds who are litter mates but one is a pituatary dwarf so he is only 28lbs and will get no bigger and has to take thyroid everyday
    - 2 cats Slinky and Bob
    -Lived in San Diego for 41 yrs now just outside Chicago and LOVE the snow
    -Legally blind since birth so never drove and completely colorblind, severely light sensitive
    -Studied computer science was a programmer for a few years
    -do my own website and want to learn alot more but the toys i want i can't get cuz all the money goes to contests Want a mac and adobe cs3 suite
    -started working out as a way to lose weight was about 180 and over a size 15 stopped wearing stuff with numbers
    -first competed in 2002 in bodybuilding
    -represented the USA in the World Winter Games for the Disabled in 1984 in downhill skiing in Austria
    holy cow. much respect to you for all the things you've accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by fitmomma3 View Post
    I'm Stephanie and I'm a momma of three (hence the name fitmomma3 - hehe) One princess in second grade and identical twin 13 month old boys!
    I'm married to a very loving man (the only person on the earth who could ever put up with me) - married for 7 1/2 years and together for 10.

*I am primarily a stay at home mom and work part time a few nights a week waitressing and bartending.
    *It's safe to say I haven't chosen a "career" or "path" yet. I've been a mommy my entire adult life and that's always come first. (No complaints though - it hasn't always been easy, but it was the best thing to ever happen to me.) My "career" if I'll ever call it that, has been on the back burner to my family and also because I have no idea what I want to do exactly...Well I would love to be a well respected popular figure pro, sponsored athlete, and fitness model, but wouldn't we all?
    * I danced competitively as a child through to an adult and in a performing arts group up until about five years ago - I would love to get back into that, but right now there are not enough hours in the day.
    **I also love theater and have been in a few small plays (nothing big, just for fun)
    *When I think back to anything that ever inspired me as a child it was always either a performance or a memorable sporting event.
    *I have enough passion to fill a football stadium and that sometimes gets me into trouble because I think with my heart not always my head.
    *I have personal trained and taught group ex. for the past five years, and am taking a break to focus on competing and my family.
    *I started off in College as an Accounting Major but was bored stiff with that. Transfered to early childhood, but hadn't completely sunk my teeth in that idea, and went onto take a lot of fitness type courses but am not sure that I want a degree in that. - If you can't tell I change paths quickly...figure/fitness is the only thing that has created a passion spark in me and kept me wanting more.

I am a walking contradiction I fit into no stereo type or genre and I love that!
    *I am the most unorganized perfectionist you will ever meet, organized chaos is my drug of choice

I always say I like to have my cake and eat it too. One day you may see me woofing down a cheeseburger, fries, and tall Coors light, and the next day I'm measuring 5 oz of chicken 1 cup of spinach and a sweet potato. One day you'll see me with my kids in my Mommy clothes at the library doing story time, and the next day you'll see me at the gym in my sports bra listening to hard rock as I squat my legs away. Today I may enjoy Happy Feet with Bianca at the movies, and tomorrow me & Ern are at Martha's dancing on the bar! Just when you think you've got me figured out I'll go ahead and change on you. I'm not just a stay at home Mom, I'm not just a wife, I'm not just a figure competitor, I'm not just a trainer, I'm not just an ANYTHING – I AM ME!!!! A bit of a spaz, but I do what makes me happy and works for me and my family. And I have the energy of a Jack Russel who bounces around the house all day.

My personality is part OCD (because if it's not PERFECT, it's not for me) and part ADD (because if it can't keep my attention…poof it's gone) - LOL

I am outgoing, friendly, open-minded, energetic, positive,opinionated, brutally honest, sarcastic, random, caring, goofy, and optimistic. I love life lists, setting goals, inspirations, and a good challenge! I'm competitive to the point of no return, which I have to say can be a weakness at some points, because I can't even enjoy Pictionary if I'm losing - LOL - Believe me the competitiveness I have is not a choice, it's in my soul, it's a sickness, I do not control it… but I DO FEED IT!! I like to read, like to write, love to think...yet I despise structured classes. I have the attention span of a two year old, however if something inspires and captivates me I'm stuck on it! Most of ALL...I LOVE TO LAUGH!! When I leave this world I hope to leave behind more than an ass print on the couch. Life is short... its our job to make it Sweet!
    I think being a stay at home mom is the best thing in the world you can do for your kids. I have been lucky enough to either be at home for my son, or to only work hours when he's at school. When he was a baby, I owned my store and took him with me. He grew up there. lol ...but he was with me the whole time. The only person I've ever left him with for care is my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by fitlei View Post

You're killing me with that picture. lolol

Quote Originally Posted by FitSuzanne View Post
    Suzanne I would love to talk to you about this sometime! I have always been very confused on the whole Montessori philosophies and would like to hear your take from a teacher's standpoint. It's the rave around here and I personally don't care at all for the lax style. We send Bianca to a strict private school and everyone teases us for being "such mean parents" LOL... wondering how you think the Montessori structure develops a child for the real world. I will PM you sometime, if thats okay, as I don't want to bore everyone in this thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    I think being a stay at home mom is the best thing in the world you can do for your kids. I have been lucky enough to either be at home for my son, or to only work hours when he's at school. When he was a baby, I owned my store and took him with me. He grew up there. lol ...but he was with me the whole time. The only person I've ever left him with for care is my mom.
    Why thanks Sallyanne! Some think it's old fashioned, but me personally I couldn't have anyone else raising my kids. I realize its not for everyone but I love it! Same here, my kids have only been with my parents or my in-laws, we've been very lucky as well.

Suzanne I would love to talk to you about this sometime! I have always been very confused on the whole Montessori philosophies and would like to hear your take from a teacher's standpoint. It's the rave around here and I personally don't care at all for the lax style. We send Bianca to a strict private school and everyone teases us for being "such mean parents" LOL... wondering how you think the Montessori structure develops a child for the real world. I will PM you sometime, if thats okay, as I don't want to bore everyone in this thread lol
    Sure anytime. Montessori is not lax at all. the children are always "working" But at their own pace and may do math before language or what ever order.

My daughter went to Montessori from age 2 through 6th grade and has the best work ethic for school of anyone i have seen and is in all honors and AP classes

And the best part Montessori does not "grade" you and compare you to classmates and make you feel bad if you are having a harder time in one area. And with the 4 yrs of kids together the older help teach teh younger and learn more through teaching it.

PM me if you want

back to original topic

I am outgoing, friendly, open-minded, energetic, positive,opinionated, brutally honest, sarcastic, random, caring, goofy, and optimistic. I love life lists, setting goals, inspirations, and a good challenge! I'm competitive to the point of no return, which I have to say can be a weakness at some points, because I can't even enjoy Pictionary if I'm losing - LOL - Believe me the competitiveness I have is not a choice, it's in my soul, it's a sickness, I do not control it… but I DO FEED IT!! I like to read, like to write, love to think...yet I despise structured classes. I have the attention span of a two year old, however if something inspires and captivates me I'm stuck on it! Most of ALL...I LOVE TO LAUGH!! When I leave this world I hope to leave behind more than an ass print on the couch. Life is short... its our job to make it Sweet!
    Wow...you and I are so alike in the contradictions! I always say I'm an extremist in that I go from one extreme to the other. With me it's either beer or champagne...formal gowns and heels or jeans and cowboy boots....pickup trucks or a limo...flirty yet faithful. I agree with all of your contradictions and I totally understand!

I also managed an LA Weightloss Center but quit because I couldn't stomach the BS I was taught to tell my clients. It was a good experience inthat I understand the business side of the weightloss industry a little more. I learned that I can't compromise my principles and morals for $$$.

And don't worry about the career thing...it'll be there in the future. Like I said in my post....I'll be 43 in the fall and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by fitlei View Post

See Sallyanne??? That's what I was talking about. My 150 pounds now feels like 200 pounds did. Ok...I don't feel quite as bad as these pics...LOL

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast