Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

[quote=I do have a question for you all though. How do your families handle your decisions to workout and diet? My mom is coming around to it but my brothers' and their families hate it. They don't seem to want to do anything that doesn't involve food. We live 10 min. from the beach but they won't go with us. My boys and my niece are a great support system though and they are all physically active, my boys both lift. Jamie weighs 92# and he can bench 95# (only once) I don't let him lift heavy but he knows how to workout safely. Ok, I have to get off now, it's my day off which means housecleaning, yuk! I'm soooo glad I've found women like me, this is so great.[/quote]

I agree!!! It's so nice to meet women who are into the same things... I know that sometimes when you're involved in the industry, there are soooooooooooooooooooooo many women who compete, who work out, who are fitness models, etc etc but in your own life...it's like you're the only woman you knwo that does it lol. So this is a great place to meet with some real women who support and are into the same things

As far as family goes, that's really tough and I'm sorry it's something you're dealing with. Fortunately for me, my family is very supportive. Ulitimately they may not agree with what I'm doing...but they see my discipline and my determination and I think it motivates them somewhere along in their lives which I guess indirectly makes them supportive? I mean, I come from a very tight nit family so we all support each other no matter what but I think them seeing me do well and seeing my body change really keeps them motivated. I've turned them all onto a life they never really knew about. They only knew the stereotypes of bodybuilding and even tho I'm a figure competitor, they thought for a long time that I was a bodybuilder because they didn't realize that there are other categories outside of just bodybuilding. Anyhow... honestly... it's great to have your family n friends support you but don't let it stop you from doing what you want to do!! We're here to support you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gymdiva View Post
    oh yeah, didn't think about nationalities...let's see...I am:
    • irish
    • scottish
    • german
    • italian
    • cherokee
    and pretty much in that order
    Ooouhh and what very nice blend it is . . .

So Sharon , do you go crazy with green beer like the other Irish's folk on St. Patty's Day?

I actually don't like beer...pretty funny, huh?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gymdiva View Post
    I actually don't like beer...pretty funny, huh?
    LOL . . yeah it is , I bet you won't say that out loud in a Irish bar that's for sure.

I guess either the "italian" or "cherokee" side of you is the most dominate gene . .

Cause I know the other 3 are definately big on beer drinking.

yeah I've never liked beer...doesn't mean I don't drink though!

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    free college with proven 1/4 native american! healthcare, too.
    I don't think I can prove it. Hell, I never even met my grandfather on my Dad's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eddie View Post
    Ooouhh and what very nice blend it is . . .

So Sharon , do you go crazy with green beer like the other Irish's folk on St. Patty's Day?
    Real Irishmen and Irishwomen drink Guinness!

^I drink liquor! hahahahaha

Amateur Threat

Well, I must say, Ms. Moderator... this is one damn interesting thread

Irish, Italian mostly here, with some other mutt in the mix.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Real Irishmen and Irishwomen drink Guinness!
    Brillant !!!!!! . . LOL . .

Quote Originally Posted by gymdiva
    I drink liquor
    All I can do is just shake my head on that one . .

I don't drink at all.

I don't drink either! Use to drink everclear when I was in the Corps., but haven't touched anything in about 20 years.

^ugh! everclear! I stick to things like grey goose and goldschlager...

Let's see:

My name is Jodie, I'll be 41 in Nov. (please send ggodiva choc cheesecake). I have lived in Houston since the summer of 2001. Before that I have lived in many other places. Growing up my Dad worked construction so we moved around alot when I was little, Born in LaCrosse, Wisc. Lived in Minnasota, New Mexico, Texas several times (Ft. Worth, Austin, Beaumont) Florida, Oklahoma, New Orleans and Anchorage. Of all the places I have lived I loved the History of New Olreans, but Houston is where I call home and just adore living here.

I have one son who is 21. He is a photojournalist for the Appeal Democrate in Marysville, Cali. One of the images he shot of Ken Lay (ENRON CEO) was on every major newspaper across the country. I live with a 16 yr old cat, 1 retired racer Greyhound and my Boxer mix foster who I swear has ADD or smokes crack.

I currently work as a service coordinator for a fitness company. I basically get to take all the calls from homeowners and businesses about their broken or malifunction cardio/home gyms. Before doing this, I use to be in Apt leasing. then outsiode sales as a Acct. Exect for Muzak...Yes, the elevator music people! I designed sound systems, drive thrus, marketing on hold along with crate the proper atmosphere for our dining pleasure.

And since we are taking about cocktails....I LOVE cosmo martinis and shots of Patron.

Quote Originally Posted by jlb001 View Post
    Let's see:

My name is Jodie, I'll be 41 in Nov. (please send ggodiva choc cheesecake). I have lived in Houston since the summer of 2001. Before that I have lived in many other places. Growing up my Dad worked construction so we moved around alot when I was little, Born in LaCrosse, Wisc. Lived in Minnasota, New Mexico, Texas several times (Ft. Worth, Austin, Beaumont) Florida, Oklahoma, New Orleans and Anchorage. Of all the places I have lived I loved the History of New Olreans, but Houston is where I call home and just adore living here.

I have one son who is 21. He is a photojournalist for the Appeal Democrate in Marysville, Cali. One of the images he shot of Ken Lay (ENRON CEO) was on every major newspaper across the country. I live with a 16 yr old cat, 1 retired racer Greyhound and my Boxer mix foster who I swear has ADD or smokes crack.

I currently work as a service coordinator for a fitness company. I basically get to take all the calls from homeowners and businesses about their broken or malifunction cardio/home gyms. Before doing this, I use to be in Apt leasing. then outsiode sales as a Acct. Exect for Muzak...Yes, the elevator music people! I designed sound systems, drive thrus, marketing on hold along with crate the proper atmosphere for our dining pleasure.

And since we are taking about cocktails....I LOVE cosmo martinis and shots of Patron.
    If you like Patron, try Don Julio....I like the anejo.

This is a good thread not much to say about myself
    Born and Raised in cleveland Ohio
    No kids would like to have some in the future
    Currently training for my first contest nervous and excited at the same time a learning process so hopefully I'll do well.
    I work all the time no off days one jobs at a supplement store the other at a movie theater.The high point of my day is hitting the gym or hanging out with my bf. See told ya not much to say

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast