Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

I'm Deb. I'm a 36 year old legal secretary who used to be an overweight, beer swigging, couch potato. I have a 19 year old daughter (yeah... I started EARLY!) who still lives at home.

I started lifting to prove a friend of mine wrong (or right) that the people in the inside cover of the BFL book "didn't really do that in 12 weeks!" I competed in figure in 2003 after losing 50 lbs, though bodybuilding was what my heart really wanted to do. After everybody told me stuff like "you dont have enough muscle... you'll get outmuscled... your body is more suited for figure..." that's what I did. So here I am, almost 4 years later to the day, competing in my first BB show this weekend and I *still* dont have enough muscle! LOL! I hope to weigh in as a LW, which is pretty scrawny for my 5'6" frame... I'm 2 lbs over the mark in the a.m. at the moment. This is a regional show though, not a Natl. Qualifier and the Novice LW cut off is 125.5. I think I can pull it off! No matter what happens, competing in BB will no longer be the "dream not realized."

I've been lurking here for a couple months... some may know me from other boards over the years. I see some familiar faces/screennames already.

A few random facts:
    I ride a Suzuki Savage motorcycle, almost daily.
    I belly dance.
    I lived in 7 states in 6 years... one move which was at a toss of a dart from the gulf coast of mississippi to massachussets.
    I'm the youngest of 10 (from my dad), though don't have much "family." My oldest brothers kids used to babysit me when I was an infant.
    I quit highschool when I was pregnant in the 9th grade and have been a single mom ever since.
    In the past I worked as a welder (train car wrecking and refurbishing plant) and managed an auto parts store, currently, I'm a legal assistant for a patent law firm. All of my co-worker legal assistants have college educations... Some days I think I know more than the whole lot of them...
    I'm fiercely independent!
    I'm a perfectionist... if I can't get it right, I get frustrated and WILL get it right!
    I do all the mechanics on my truck, and bike.
    If I say I'm gonna do it... you can mark my word, set the clocks on it... it will get done.
    I rode my motorcycle to sturgis a couple of months after I got it. When I hit the highway to meet up with friends in Fort Worth, Texas, it was the second time I'd BEEN on the highway on my bike! I pretty much learned how to take turns comfortably in the Black Hills.
    I will NEVER do it again... not without a geezer glide or something more comfortable under my ass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FitSuzanne View Post
    -Suzanne and am 43
    -16 yr old daughter
    -Live with the love of my life Chase who is my biggest supporter
    -2 15 month old German Shepherds who are litter mates but one is a pituatary dwarf so he is only 28lbs and will get no bigger and has to take thyroid everyday
    - 2 cats Slinky and Bob
    -Lived in San Diego for 41 yrs now just outside Chicago and LOVE the snow
    -Legally blind since birth so never drove and completely colorblind, severely light sensitive
    -Studied computer science was a programmer for a few years
    -do my own website and want to learn alot more but the toys i want i can't get cuz all the money goes to contests Want a mac and adobe cs3 suite
    -was a Montessori teacher for about 4 yrs
    -started working out as a way to lose weight was about 180 and over a size 15 stopped wearing stuff with numbers
    -first competed in 2002 in bodybuilding
    -represented the USA in the World Winter Games for the Disabled in 1984 in downhill skiing in Austria
    Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve German Shephard doggies!

Legally blind! AND you have done all that stuff, amazing!

x
    x
    x

T

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    lolol

I think we all spend so much time here because of each other. Are there many women in your area that you have this much in common with?

Absolutely not. Actually...I really don't have many friends where I live at all. A couple from the gym but no one to really do anything with. Everyone dumped me when I lost 80 lbs. I think misery likes company so they found new friends. I also have no family that lives near me so it gets really lonely. If I have a fight with my honey...I feel like I have no where to go if I just want to get out for a while. It's hard. Yes I put much faith in my friends here.

MUAH

i am the lone bodybuilder where i live. i have alot of friends here, just not competitors. all my competitor friends are farrrrrrr farrrrrr away! and with prep..this is a great place to keep your game face on! the MD girls are just awesome..to say the least.
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Banned

Damn , now that's a sexy avatar there Tammy . .

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    i am the lone bodybuilder where i live. i have alot of friends here, just not competitors. all my competitor friends are farrrrrrr farrrrrr away! and with prep..this is a great place to keep your game face on! the MD girls are just awesome..to say the least.
    same here. couldn't have said it better.
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

same here. couldn't have said it better.
    I'm actually very fortunate, they're are actually a lot of competitors at my gym and in my area, but I'm so damn busy I don't socialize much Even my good girlfriends that are competitors I don't get to see much unless to train and we really don't talk while we train. I know them, talk briefly and say hi to them at shows but I spend a lot of time at home with my little ones, hence why I'm on here - Like right now they're napping and I should be too!
    Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right.

Hi. I'm glad you posted a little bit about yourself. When did you learn to speak english?
    Thanks, it's been close to 20 yrs now.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrablue View Post
    You're not boring at all. If anything you sound very mysterious Have you ever posted your pic here? And what is your real name? I'm curious and interested now
    I have seen pics of CQ, she is a beautiful Caribbean woman. She prefers to remain private.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by siouxcountry View Post
    I have seen pics of CQ, she is a beautiful Caribbean woman. She prefers to remain private.
    Haha! Thanks Sioux. I think I sound like a raging bitch, so please let me explain why!!

I am from a VERY traditional culture, VERY....I cannot express how much, as in arranged marriage and all......so basically I don't want my picture online for so many reasons to do with that.

That said, not like I am Halle Berry or rocking some fabulous pro level physique haha, but if any females have some burning urge to see what I look like, feel free to pm me for a pic, that's always cool by me....

Sorry for the long winded meltdown, and thanks Sioux, but I just didn't want to appear some obnoxious bitch...everyone else posting pics and me all snotty with myself

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Cool idea...

-Real name Erin
    -42 yrs old...single mom to a 19 yr old son, Cody.
    Just wanted to say that Erin's new avatar with her all dressed in white is very HOT . .

Ok that is all. And this announcement was brought to you by the King of Cool himself . . MR. EDDIE !!!

BUMP for the new ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

All Amrican Grl

I just joined MD a few weeks ago and I love it! These forums are great because I am a lone competitor where I live as well. I just put on my ipod at the gym and get in my "zone" so I don't have to hear the ridiculous comments from men like, "I wouldn't get any bigger if I were you" or notice the nasty glances at me from other women who criticize muscularity just because they don't have the discipline to get in and train hard. Not all are like that but there are plenty that are.

Name: Shelli Schinkus
    Home: Vero Beach, FL
    DOB: 3/7/77
    Born in: Nebraska, moved to FL in 1998.
    First show: Oct. 6, 2007
    Career: I am a real estate broker who specializes in senior living. I am the outsourced brokerage for an entire community that offers assisted living, emergency buttons, but yet all the country club amenities. The hardest part of the job is finding dress clothes! Pants are a joke! I wish I could wear spandex...thank God for skirts!

I have one Persian cat, Cleopatra....she's my buddy.

I've never been married and have no children. Kudos to you who balance children/families with training and contest dieting. I am surprised my cat didn't pack up her food dishes and litter box while I was in contest dieting mode. And, no, I've never been married....I spend my work day in a senior living community so the prospects for a personal relationship are limited. Unless I wanted someone 50 years older than me! I guess as long as I don't have to sign a pre-nup right? LMAO!

Great to hear about you all and look forward to communcation as I am new to the sport and am currently going through my first "off season" weight gains. UGH! Just teamed up with a great trainer in Tampa to set up my plan for the off season. After my first show, I realized I need to put on some more mass. But, I decided to do a show on a whim really. Went from doing 2 hours cardio daily to contest prep mode. Of course, I cut the cardio and started hitting weights but I am excited to be hitting weights now to BUILD up to the contest prep period.

You all are a select group being competitors and I look forward to growing and becoming part of your select group in this world!

Default DARa

I am 27 from Chicago . I just bought my own house in Surprise AZ. I love it here . I am an actress and model. just recently after finding out that I am bi polar and getting on meds(the best thing I ever did) I decided that I will focus on the fitness industry. I love to work out, I love to sing and dance, and eat .and cook gourmet food. I am obsessed with the food network.
    When I was 21 -25 I was a cocaine addict. Getting into serious lifting and therapy I got clean and now I am addicted to the gym. I am a personal trainer and nutritionist and I hope to be a face in the industry and tell my story. I have a german Shepard named harley. I am single

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darabrooke View Post

I am an actress and model.
    Hey Dara , have you been in commericals and/or movies?

Dedicated Noob michelle_russell's Avatar

Hi Ladies

Michelle Elizabeth Russell
    Nov. 27, 1979
    28, White Rock, BC ~ Canada
    Job~Logistics warehouse for samsung..I am the office girl but want to get my Nutriton papers and Personal Trainer papers.
    Life~From Ont orig. been here about 3 years now.
    Just up and packed my car car one day drove across the counrty, fell in love with the west coast life and BAM here I am.
    Pets~none but looking into getting a little yapper(something small)
    Just started BB'ing march so I am turning a new page to see where it takes me.
    ~Single and have been for some time

powergirl

You women are all very amazing. All your accomplishments have my respect. It's amazing how diverse you all are and the many things you've done and seen. WOW.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast