Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

Hi Everyone -
    Teresa Hunt-Kilgore
    44-Cincy, Ohio
    Job - i work as a police officer for the county park district; i also do a little swat work on the side
    Contest history - I first competed back in march of '03. Since then I've done 14 shows. Last year I switched over from bb'ing to figure.
    Dogs - three rescued miniature schnauzers - high maintenance but i love them!
    Married w/o children

I got started in all this craziness back in '02 when I lost a whole lot of weight (#50). I got the bug to compete from being around others who competed. I wanted to do one show to prove some people wrong.
    yeah....

I got my Pt cert a couple of years ago so I can now share my love/enthusiasm for the sport with other like-minded people.

This place is awesome! Since I love to compete I come here for words of wisdom and inspiration now. Plus I know a few people on here from bb.com's forums.

Quote Originally Posted by darabrooke View Post
    I am 27 from Chicago . I just bought my own house in Surprise AZ. I love it here . I am an actress and model. just recently after finding out that I am bi polar and getting on meds(the best thing I ever did) I decided that I will focus on the fitness industry. I love to work out, I love to sing and dance, and eat .and cook gourmet food. I am obsessed with the food network.
    When I was 21 -25 I was a cocaine addict. Getting into serious lifting and therapy I got clean and now I am addicted to the gym. I am a personal trainer and nutritionist and I hope to be a face in the industry and tell my story. I have a german Shepard named harley. I am single
    Tell me about Arizona. You love it why? Aren't there scorpions there? Yikes!

I'm going to be moving sometime in the next 6 months and I don't know where to...so I'm looking around the country...

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Tell me about Arizona. You love it why? Aren't there scorpions there? Yikes!

I'm going to be moving sometime in the next 6 months and I don't know where to...so I'm looking around the country...
    what??? is dallas on your list???
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    what??? is dallas on your list???
    I'm not ruling anywhere out. Just looking around right now. Another place on my list is the Maryland/Delaware shoreline. I love the beach and I'm very familiar with the area. Plus, it's 3-4 hours from my hometown. However, it still gets just as cold and snowy there as PA and IL. I'd rather go warmer if I can help it.

I'm not ruling anywhere out. Just looking around right now. Another place on my list is the Maryland/Delaware shoreline. I love the beach and I'm very familiar with the area. Plus, it's 3-4 hours from my hometown. However, it still gets just as cold and snowy there as PA and IL. I'd rather go warmer if I can help it.

No indeed! The Delaware beaches get very little snow. We are located on a peninsula, and the surrounding waters keep the air warm enough to stave the snow off...last year we had a grand total of 1/2" and it melted the next day. We usually get rain when Baltimore/DC upstate Delaware get snow...we do have those freak years, however when it comes down hard, but not often.

Do you get to the Delaware shoreline often? Rehoboth Beach area? Please let me know, since that is where I am - I'd love to hook up with you, take over the town with our hair!

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    I know a lot of you, but I don't really know any of you. I'd like to, though. Give me a little rundown on you and your life right now. I'll start:

- My name is Sally Anne Taylor
    - I have 2 dogs, 2 pigs and 1 son - he's 7.
    - I live with my long-time boyfriend. The BC Girls have met him. His name is Jeff.
    - I was in the US Army for 4 years. Stationed in Germany and in Korea. I was in signal/communications, and worked in high security bunkers as well as out in the field.
    - I went to the Art Institute of Phoenix - learned web design, 3D animation, graphic desing, etc.
    - I owned a western store for almost 7 years after college. I did most of my business online - I built my own website and raked in over $200,000 every year during the Christmas season. (over 1/2 that went back to expenses, though. Retail sucks. lol)
    - Sold my business and website out. Did nothing for a year.
    - Went to work for Jeff - he owns an excavation company. I learned to drive heavy equipment and am now a good operator. It's fun. It requires zero customer service skills because you don't have to be nice to dirt.
    -I'm currently trying to make the bc girls site and my own personal site fly. I consider my own site a hobby, really.
    - I plan on stepping it up next year competition wise, and am already in a musle building program and 15 + pounds over competition weight from the USA's.

How about YOU?
    -My name is Ninja Hernandez Consuello Ramirez Sanchez Zapata De Los Lagos Batista Loco. Ninja Loco for short.
    - I have no kids.
    - I have no GF. Never been married.
    - I am 41
    - I am 5'7
    - Ive lived enough for two lifetimes. No space to put it all here.
    - Ive owned two busineses, both went bust. Never do business with friends.
    - I do not compete nor do I have any intention to.
    - I train for fighting now, not bodybuilding. I plan to fight at least once before Im 45.
    - I work in an office. I dont have to be nice to people but I find it hard to be rude.
    - I dont drink, smoke, or do drugs. Never been drunk or high.
    - I love Pit Bulls
    - I am not a christian, I am Bushido. Although I do believe in God.
    - Very quiet and solitary in life. If I talk for an extended period of time I lose my voice. That happens every three months or so. Probably why I type so much........
    - ....................... *crickets*......... ah hell, just ask.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Powergoddess View Post
    No indeed! The Delaware beaches get very little snow. We are located on a peninsula, and the surrounding waters keep the air warm enough to stave the snow off...last year we had a grand total of 1/2" and it melted the next day. We usually get rain when Baltimore/DC upstate Delaware get snow...we do have those freak years, however when it comes down hard, but not often.

Do you get to the Delaware shoreline often? Rehoboth Beach area? Please let me know, since that is where I am - I'd love to hook up with you, take over the town with our hair!
    Currently, I live in Illinois although not for very much longer. I LOVE the Delaware/Maryland shore points. I know them all...Rehobeth, Indian River Inlet, Dewy, Fenwick, Bethany and OCMD. When I lived in PA summer was never complete without a couple of shore trips. Many times I've thought of moving down there somewhere. I still might. The seashore is the one place where I feel peace.

Talking this is me...

- My name is F.A. Harper
    - I have a puppy a dashhound
    - I am living in sin w/ my girlfriend
    - I graduated from Winston-Salem State University (HBCU)
    - I am certified through AAAI/ISMA
    - I also sell high end fitness equipment

- - I have lost over 100lbs. Now I am 20lbs heavier than I should be

- I live in Lawrenceville GA, 45 mins from ATL

-I am a comic book geek. Canít help it. Its in my blood
    - I am training at least one woman for a figure contest in April. I may be training another.

-Life goal is to own a personal training studio or a full size gym (just like every other trainer out there)
    I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and gals.

Start slow. Be consistent. Listen to my body.

Hello, my name is Sue and I'm a lurking wannabe.

I attended my first Figure/BB show in 2005 as a spectator and was able to meet some wonderful people of whom I have the utmost respect for. I credit that event and the people I met with changing my life and helping me re-focus and prepare for the crap-storm that was coming. It came and lasted for a few years. It's been a pretty rough ride for me but I resolved to pick myself up after each and every fall. The storm is subsiding.

I am:
    --a lurker. I spend most of my time reading threads and following the progress of competitors. (Sallyanne, Sassy, TammyP & TamiB to name a few)
    --Age 41
    --5'4"
    --mother of two (21 & 19)
    --grandmother of one (age 2)
    --a former Marine
    --the youngest of 14
    --an IT person (DB work & Helpdesk but I love hardware)
    --living in sin with my bestfriend/boyfriend. (Since May 2007 )
    --socially retarded
    (I want Sallyanne's job - "you don't have to be nice to dirt!" )
    --enrolled in 2 IT related college courses that begin in Jan'08 (Yeah me!)
    --sensitive to stims
    --trying to loose fat, flab and bad mental habits
    --battling a shoulder injury (it's not fully diagnosed yet)
    --probably going to be diagnosed as hypertensive/pre-hypertensive when I go back to the doc this week.
    --called 'The Food Nazi' by people I work with. (If you keep eating crap - I'll keep telling you it's crap)

I have:
    --worked 2 jobs for almost 2 yrs and as of 12/1/07 - no more 2nd job
    --not cooked with salt in years
    --rarely used salt in years
    --crappy genetics
    --defeated myself at every fat loss attempt I've made in the last 3 yrs.
    --been called a 'wannabe' more than once
    (I wannabe better than I am and I refuse to stop trying)
    --no desire to compete but I would like to look like I could.
    --a BF who supports my fitness efforts - I haven't had that kind of support in years and it makes a difference.
    --several belly dance videos that I use on a regular basis. I love it and want to learn more but there are no local instructors and I can't travel to another city for lessons at this time. (I see that Bikerchic likes BD also)

I restarted my diet and training yesterday but I'm still waiting on my supps to arrive. Diet is roughly 40/30/30 but will be adjusted as needed. I have to 'take it easy' until the doc clears me on the bp issue and we figure out what I did to my shoulder. That means no heavy lifting and I'm supposed to do steady state cardio and not HIIT because the doc doesn't want my bp shooting up....blah blah blah

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. If you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask.

In the mean time I'll have my nose in a thread(s) reading up on how to properly train with hypertension, reading about shoulder issues and shaking my pom poms for those competing in 2008. (I'm a good cheerleader!)

Happy New Year!

Banned

Hey Sue , glad that you're apart of this forum. Hope all goes well for you in 2008!

I see you like reading journals of ladies who compete in bodybuilding.

Is that the category that you would want to try yourself someday?

And this is differently one of my favorite avatars on MD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Start slow. Be consistent. Listen to my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eddie View Post
    Hey Sue , glad that you're apart of this forum. Hope all goes well for you in 2008!

I see you like reading journals of ladies who compete in bodybuilding.

Is that the category that you would want to try yourself someday?

And this is differently one of my favorite avatars on MD.
    Thank you for the welcome Mr. Eddie. I also hope things go well for me in 2008

I read the journals for new and different food combinations and to see what exercises are working. I've learned a great deal from reading their journeys.

Me onstage? ummm no.

I enjoy watching all of the competitors.

I torture my poor boyfriend and make him look at all the pics - "I like her shoulders...." "she has nice calves......"

As far as the avi - I wish I knew who the artist is/was because I adore that picture. Simple and elegant. I can't remember where it came from but I think a friend sent it to me, probably because I have several belly dance videos that I use.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Que_66 View Post
    Thank you for the welcome Mr. Eddie. I also hope things go well for me in 2008

I read the journals for new and different food combinations and to see what exercises are working. I've learned a great deal from reading their journeys.

Me onstage? ummm no.

I enjoy watching all of the competitors.

I torture my poor boyfriend and make him look at all the pics - "I like her shoulders...." "she has nice calves......"

As far as the avi - I wish I knew who the artist is/was because I adore that picture. Simple and elegant. I can't remember where it came from but I think a friend sent it to me, probably because I have several belly dance videos that I use.
    Hey and I definately enjoy watching them too Sue.

And yes your dancer avi for sure is the epidomy of Elegance.

Reminds me of my all-time favorite BB . . Rachel McLish.

She was such a great a poser and had been a dancer as well.

So Sue , one other thing I wonder if your looking to attend any major shows this years?

Like NPC USA or Nationals . . or Ms. Olympia.

If you like Patron, try Don Julio....I like the anejo.

WERD! $40/shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy69 View Post
    WERD! $40/shot!

Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Que_66 View Post
    Hello, my name is Sue and I'm a lurking wannabe.

I attended my first Figure/BB show in 2005 as a spectator and was able to meet some wonderful people of whom I have the utmost respect for. I credit that event and the people I met with changing my life and helping me re-focus and prepare for the crap-storm that was coming. It came and lasted for a few years. It's been a pretty rough ride for me but I resolved to pick myself up after each and every fall. The storm is subsiding.

I am:
    --a lurker. I spend most of my time reading threads and following the progress of competitors. (Sallyanne, Sassy, TammyP & TamiB to name a few)
    --Age 41
    --5'4"
    --mother of two (21 & 19)
    --grandmother of one (age 2)
    --a former Marine
    --the youngest of 14
    --an IT person (DB work & Helpdesk but I love hardware)
    --living in sin with my bestfriend/boyfriend. (Since May 2007 )
    --socially retarded
    (I want Sallyanne's job - "you don't have to be nice to dirt!" )
    --enrolled in 2 IT related college courses that begin in Jan'08 (Yeah me!)
    --sensitive to stims
    --trying to loose fat, flab and bad mental habits
    --battling a shoulder injury (it's not fully diagnosed yet)
    --probably going to be diagnosed as hypertensive/pre-hypertensive when I go back to the doc this week.
    --called 'The Food Nazi' by people I work with. (If you keep eating crap - I'll keep telling you it's crap)

I have:
    --worked 2 jobs for almost 2 yrs and as of 12/1/07 - no more 2nd job
    --not cooked with salt in years
    --rarely used salt in years
    --crappy genetics
    --defeated myself at every fat loss attempt I've made in the last 3 yrs.
    --been called a 'wannabe' more than once
    (I wannabe better than I am and I refuse to stop trying)
    --no desire to compete but I would like to look like I could.
    --a BF who supports my fitness efforts - I haven't had that kind of support in years and it makes a difference.
    --several belly dance videos that I use on a regular basis. I love it and want to learn more but there are no local instructors and I can't travel to another city for lessons at this time. (I see that Bikerchic likes BD also)

I restarted my diet and training yesterday but I'm still waiting on my supps to arrive. Diet is roughly 40/30/30 but will be adjusted as needed. I have to 'take it easy' until the doc clears me on the bp issue and we figure out what I did to my shoulder. That means no heavy lifting and I'm supposed to do steady state cardio and not HIIT because the doc doesn't want my bp shooting up....blah blah blah

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. If you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask.

In the mean time I'll have my nose in a thread(s) reading up on how to properly train with hypertension, reading about shoulder issues and shaking my pom poms for those competing in 2008. (I'm a good cheerleader!)

Happy New Year!

Hey girly! No more wannabe'ing! It's yours! Get it! Two steps to it - getting the basics of fitness & nutrition and the second is making it your own - i.e. learning how to tweak it for you.

We're watching you too!

I actually just sat down & read this whole thread. (Much more productive than that "Is Womens BB dying a slow death" thread on the No Bull forum...)

Here's me...

Name: Jill
    Nickname -- no true,nicknames although I've been called "Jilbert" a few times, as well as "Jillybean" and other stuff like that. The screen name "Sassy69" because I used to go by "BBChick" years ago, but a friend & I used to do obnoxious things to people on a particular chat board so I wanted to start over w/ a persona completely different. So I picked "Sassy69" because it sounds so completely girly & suggestive and completely opposite of the seriously fitness obsessed computer nerd that I am.. And it stuck
    - 1 cat - cc - 16 yrs old, 18 lbs.. my best bud. We rode out Hurricane Andrew together in 1992 and I've dragged him across the country 2x South to North & back, and 1x East to West. (No kids)
    - currently living w/ my hotty bf who is also a bodybuilder and 9 yrs younger than me
    - Born in Duluth, Minnesota in 1965 (Same year Gold's Gym was born!)
    - Moved to Tempe, AZ for school (BS, Physics, Arizona State - GO DEVILS!)
    - Moved to FL for work, completed my MS Computer Science at FL Atlantic U (Go Owls!), then my MBA in Int' Biz at U of Miami (Go Canes!).
    - Moved to Atlanta for work in 2005, and then to the Bay Area last year.
    - Did research on Halley's Comet for a NASA funded project in the mid 80s, got a number of publications w/ my professor on our research.
    - Was a software engineer for 10 yrs - everything from Motorolal pagers to Voice over IP stuff.
    - Worked 10 yrs as a software product mgr in webhosting, hosted software and currently, custom engineering manager for an email marketing company.
    - Photo debut in Sally's 2008 Buff Calendar Girls calendar (Jan 2009 )
    - I hate being cold - IThe irony of this is that I grew up in N. Minnesota and I'm basically a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Swedish German Slav who says Ya Shoor Yoo betcha, and IMO West Palm Beach is too far north.
    - Certified PADI SCUBA Dive Master, worked dive charters on the weekens in Pompano Beach, FL. LOVE catching & eating FL Lobster. Never got into spearfishing, but Hog Snapper is the best white fish on the planet!
    - Certified bartender (LOL Yes I took the class..) but never actually tended bar - I do get a kick out of seeing it sit next to my college degrees
    - Started lifting in 1981 at our local YMCA, hired my first trainer in 1991 and have been learning everywhere I can ever since.
    - First BB show in 2000. Just did my 4th show at the 2007 NPC San Fran and won the overall.

I've been on MD the last few months but on muscle boards since late 1999. Probably spend too much time on muscle boards, but like mentioned above, BB is a unique sport and you don't find many muscle girls in daily life.

I've been in this stuff a loooong time, but never really had anyone around me to clue me in on seriously heavy training or competition until 1999. I'm happy to say I've got a great supply of "mature muscle" and my challenges these days lie in rehabbing all the tendonitis I've developed over the years and dialing in for "the big shows".. .hopefully hitting the USAs this summer.

I am LOVING all the ladies who hang out on MD and I"ve had some great chances to meet many of them either at my shows / their shows or the big events like the Arnold or the O. I've probably met nearly 50 people in real life that I"ve met on various boards over the years. Many I count among my dearest friends. I'm hoping to meet more in real life this coming year, between living in the Bay Area and hopefully making it to the big events and some national shows.

I have to say that just about every women I've met who is into the whole fitness thing, is an amazing story. I hate that so many girls and women feel like they are victims of their own bodies and the US population is just getting fatter and fatter. And yet the women who do "get it' are beyond amazing ... the accomplishments, the challenges, at any age, starting in any situation, and coming out w/ strength (literally!) and confidence that it is just a tragedy that it isn't grabbed at by every female on the planet. I don't work in the fitness industry at all, but I do my best at every turn to inspire people and blow the stereotypes while constantly challenging myself w/ this totally different (my family thinks its just weird) and unique sport & pastime.

Jill

You are just the coolest woman.

Super smart too, brains, brawn and beauty, no wonder you have a toy boy

Respect

x
    x
    x

T

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast