Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fighter Diet Versus DLB Diet

Default Fighter Diet Versus DLB Diet

Pauline Nordin, operator of Fighter Diet posted this on her facebook page yesterday creating some stir in the process:
    "Yay or nay? To me it's a nay. Doesn't look healthy, doesn't look sexy. My opinion. Yours?"

A few hours later she posted:
    Here you go DLB army. I sent this to Dana. Hope she gets it;-)

Hi Dana!
    This is Pauline Nordin of Fighter Diet. I posted an ad with your picture today (didn't know it was you). I made sure I wrote 'this is my opinion'. I also asked for other's opinion with a yay or nay.
    There was nothing personal attacking, none hating, not anything towards YOU. Since both you and me model, we both are used to public criticism and don't take it personally.
    I'm sure you as well as I know that discussing a look vs individuals is quite different matters.
    Well, I got bombarded with your fans 'defending' you and want me to apologize.
    I will not do that, because I didn't 'hate' on you in the first place.
    Anyway, I just wanted to message you and make sure you know I meant NO harm.
    And also, all publicity is good publicity:-)
    Sincerely
    Pauline Nordin
    www.fighterdiet.com/fdfighterdiet
    http://www.fighterdiet.com/fdfighterdiet
    www.fighterdiet.com

Rob Bailey responded via video at hospital with his grandmom.
    See DLB Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/dana.linnbailey

drama... unnecessary...not even worth dialog.

edit: to boot, this girl is only a few weeks away of PREP from dana here.. WTF

72975_10150776000989209_226894121_n.jpg

Much to do about nothing. She clearly said it was her opinion. It's all subjective, some guys will drool over DLB and others don't find her as attractive. It's like anything else in life, differences of opinion. I think some people just love drama.

Forum Leader: Teen Bodybuilding Young Blood's Avatar

OMG. Pauline Nordin is HOT! She can diss me any day of the week.

From Nordin interview on bb.com in 2003:

"BB.com: What tips would you give to someone who wanted to get into the fitness modeling (or fitness competition) industry?
    PN: Work out like a bodybuilder, not like a girl. Go for heavy weights. Not high rep all the time.
    BB.com: If someone you knew asked you how to lose weight and get into shape quickly, what would you tell them?
    PN: Workout 3-4 days a week, include 30 minutes of the gym time on a cardio machine. Cut out all pasta, rice, bread, corn etc late at night.
    BB.com: What do you feel differentiates you from other people in your field?
    PN: As a female bodybuilder, I think I am very feminine, more feminine than many other female bodybuilders."

Maybe this is all just some good offseason smack talk.

I tend to agree with much of what Rob Bailey stated in his video about this though. Both women train hard and are hard working self-promoters that have built strong brand followings. I see more similarities than differences with these two. They both have achieved much more success offstage in the gym and in business than onstage, which in many ways makes them great role models for other woman regardless of the amount of muscle or whose sexy or not.

Rob's grandmother is awesome

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Oh Papa this type of stuff has been happening like fo evaaaaaa . WOMEN TALK SMACK ABOUT WOMEN all the time and occasionally we get women supporting one another which it should be but alas we get the more of the first part more so than the latter.
    Last edited by lil mama; December 28th, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Forum Leader: Teen Bodybuilding Young Blood's Avatar

Thread is in severe lack of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Oh Papa this type of stuff has been happening like fo evaaaaaa . WOMEN TALK SMACK ABOUT WOMEN all the time and occasionally we get women supporting one another which it should be but alas we get the more of the first part more so than the latter.
    I don't know lil mama, I think smack talk always draws more attention though

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    I don't know lil mama, I think smack talk always draws more attention though
    lol, what was it Pauline said? "all publicity is good publicity" either way this is just another way of getting attention negative or positive its still attention being drawn to someone.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

The REAL question is.....HHWYHI

lol, what was it Pauline said? "all publicity is good publicity" either way this is just another way of getting attention negative or positive its still attention being drawn to someone.
    Yeah, I saw where Jason was measuring the spoils of battle on facebook likes. I don't see Pauline losing her spot as a writer at AMI as a result, but ya never know. I still recall the time a leading figure competitor was quoted in the Chicago Tribune and elsewhere pointing out that women shouldn't do certain exercises as it would cause them to develop manly muscles. One of the competitors former business partners informed me their brand was targeting mainstream clients as they sought product placement in WalMart, etc. The message was for them not those in the industry. Maybe folks ought to consider following the money behind these messages? Maybe just maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Yeah, I saw where Jason was measuring the spoils of battle on facebook likes. I don't see Pauline losing her spot as a writer at AMI as a result, but ya never know. I still recall the time a leading figure competitor was quoted in the Chicago Tribune and elsewhere pointing out that women shouldn't do certain exercises as it would cause them to develop manly muscles. One of the competitors former business partners informed me their brand was targeting mainstream clients as they sought product placement in WalMart, etc. The message was for them not those in the industry. Maybe folks ought to consider following the money behind these messages? Maybe just maybe?
    well did Wally World buy said product?

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    Much to do about nothing. She clearly said it was her opinion. It's all subjective, some guys will drool over DLB and others don't find her as attractive. It's like anything else in life, differences of opinion. I think some people just love drama.

Yes Sir
    Women I admire: Beni Lopez, Adina Zanolli, Lisa Calhoun, Darlene Reid, Mikaila Soto, Leslie Morris. Yea, i said it!!

well did Wally World buy said product?
    Partnership broke up and they all parted with new ventures.

The Bailey's have made good on the DLB look as has Pauline. They do it slightly different with Pauline having probably a bit more sponsored media access than DLB, but maybe that's the point of her question in the first place is to draw a line in the sand and claim her image is better for these sorts of promotions. For all the Facebook comments supporting women with a hard look they surely aren't typically supported in ad copy and I'm not sure the hard women's portion of the pie is growing in this regard as opposed to continuing to shrink. Could it be that for that small bit of ad space for hard women Pauline feels DLB is infringing on her turf?

"Does not look healty" and then pics of her in contest shape look like this...

EDIT: DLB's photo is photoshopped as well, this one is not!

pauline_nordin_150.jpg

And if she means "does not look sexy" because DLB has no breat implants, well, i have seen better boob jobs than hers. Fuck that shit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast