Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Animal Cage 2013 at the Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    First event to be announced:

Standout, stalwart member of Animal Nation for several years running, Bobby “Powerswitch” Fields is a world-record holding powerlifter who trains out of Universal Athletics in Allentown (PA) with his wife Kathy and another fellow champion, Dave Barth. Powerswitch has held numerous world records in powerlifting/Superlifting, including an 850 lb squat (220 lb Masters) and an IPA total world record in his class, at 2170. He’s also hit 755 on the bench press. An all-around gifted lifter, Fields has displayed his versatility during past iterations of The Cage, having benched, squatted and deadlifted in stellar fashion, both for reps and heavy singles. In 2013, Powerswitch and his clan will take it all to the next level inside The Cage, with Bobby stepping up to deadlift big numbers. How much? Stop by and see for yourself. So If you want to witness the switch get flipped on the deadlift, there’s only one place to see it happen live—The Cage at the Arnold Expo, Sunday March 3rd at 2pm, Booth 419.

Chad Wesley Smith is a two-time national collegiate champion in the shot put. Upon graduating college, Chad set his sights on strongman and powerlifting. He's the current American record holder in the squat, hitting 905 wrapped in the 308 class. As a raw lifter, his PRs include a 515 bench and a 785 deadlift. With a total of 2165, he's also been ranked as the #1 American lifter in the 308 class. Chad is the founder and head coach at Juggernaut Training Systems in Laguna Beach, California.

In The Cage, Chad will squat 700 lb. for reps. Now you'd think squatting heavy for reps would be all about strength right? Well, there's more to it than raw, brute strength. It's also about having the right frame of mind and being strong mentally. It's also about how much pain you can endure. In The Cage, Chad will show everyone why he wants to be the best squatter in America for max... And for for reps.

Event Time: Sunday, March 3rd, 11am

Announcement #3 goin live today... http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisp...ge-Events-2013

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    Then lets see it big boy.
    Prolly need some more time in the gym to hit that number, I've done 405 for 20 on smith 495 for 12 on smith. Full fledged squat 405 - 30 not this guy not yet. Never said I could do this just stating it is possible.
    Intended for entertainment only...

Quote Originally Posted by Apharius View Post
    Prolly need some more time in the gym to hit that number, I've done 405 for 20 on smith 495 for 12 on smith. Full fledged squat 405 - 30 not this guy not yet. Never said I could do this just stating it is possible.
    On smith? You know that numbers don't translate to barbell bro.

I hear you though, anything is possible...just rare.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/
    20% OFF Prime Nutrition - DNUTZ20 - http://primenutrition.com/

PM me if you have any questions!

Early last spring I got it in my head I was going to see how many reps I could do on bench @ 315 & then an immediate drop set @ 225 as many as I could. I ended up stoping the 315 set @ 28 as my inner pec stared hurting, could maybe have done 3-4 more. Then got 225 for 32 as the drop set. Lets just say I didn't do much more for chest after that.

With that said, 405 for 30 is do able, It would have to a rest pause type set, like 12, rest (weight still on back) 10, 8.
    Damn. Those are monster numbers bro. Very impressive.

As impressive as the big numbers in power lifting are, I get impressed more when I see someone do 500 on bench for 10, Or when I see 1400 on leg press for 20, Or 400 on bench for 15, Or bent rows with 415 for 12, Or when Kevin did 405 on shoulder press for 10. That impresses me more because there is the stamina factor involved. When i see guys doing sets of 2 or 3 and then the single with someone else helping and they end up only doing 3 sets with a total of maybe 6-8 reps, the sum of the exercise is so small in comparison to a heavy high volume exercise it just falls short in my eyes.
    Example:
    The sum of my drop set was 16020 lbs moved in just 2 sets
    The sum of someone doing 405 for 5 then 495 for 3 then 585 for 1 is only 4095 lbs
    Just slightly over a 1/4 of the work load.
    I see this day after day and have seen it in many many gyms.

Don't get me wrong, I understand power lifting & why guys choose to do it, Not saying it is wrong or bad or anything like that, just not as impressive.
    I too am more into reps. The best lifters I've ever seen can do both heavy single and crazy reps. At The Cage this year, Ben Seath is going after Tom Platz's record of 23 reps of squats with 500 lbs. Which is f*cking madness if you ask me.

Peace, G

^^^^ Thanks, been doing this for a long time. 500 for 23 - 24,,, BIG BOY WEIGHT right there. Not only does it hurt just to have it on your back moving it,,, Damn. I would like to see that.
    Intended for entertainment only...

Thumbs up Next event

Animal Athlete Ben Seath is one of the most prolific young powerlifters in the game, boasting a staggering 2041 pound raw total at a tender age of 22 years of age, as well as an equally ridiculous 862.8 lb raw squat. Thinking outside the box, Seath308 is going to make an assault on one of the most hallowed and mythical unofficial records in the iron game: an attempt to surpass bodybuilding legend Tom Platz's insane 23 reps of squats with 500 lbs on his back. Can he make history at The Cage? Can Seath308 defeat a legend? Only one way to find out.

Friday, 3/1/13 at 1pm
    The CAGE, Booth #419

Animal Athlete Ben Seath is one of the most prolific young powerlifters in the game, boasting a staggering 2041 pound raw total at a tender age of 22 years of age, as well as an equally ridiculous 862.8 lb raw squat. Thinking outside the box, Seath308 is going to make an assault on one of the most hallowed and mythical unofficial records in the iron game: an attempt to surpass bodybuilding legend Tom Platz's insane 23 reps of squats with 500 lbs on his back. Can he make history at The Cage? Can Seath308 defeat a legend? Only one way to find out.

Friday, 3/1/13 at 1pm
    The CAGE, Booth #419
    ^^^^ Thanks, been doing this for a long time. 500 for 23 - 24,,, BIG BOY WEIGHT right there. Not only does it hurt just to have it on your back moving it,,, Damn. I would like to see that.
    This event is gonna be a blast... Plenty more announcements to come and other events you might be interested in...

Garrett "GUNZ" Griffin is among the best raw bench pressers in the world. The New Orleans iron warrior sports a bodybuilder's physique while also boasting some of the greatest feats of flat benching ever, including a raw 520 competition bench at 215 lb, raw 500 competition lift at 207 lb and a raw 490 bench at 196 lb bodyweight – all lifts done in legit competitions where it counts. His world record includes the 198 lb APA raw bench press record. He's also the 198 lb APF raw bench press American record holder. GUNZ is currently ranked #1 in country in the raw bench press in the 198 and 220 lb weight classes. He also claims a 1710 lb raw total at 197.

What's on tap for him in The Cage? In GUNZ's words: "My goal will be 550 and move one step closer to the all-time WR of 580. To topi it off, I plan on giving the 200 lb dumbbells a ride for reps on the flat bench. I plan on feeding off the crazy energy in The Cage." So will this Animal Athlete hit 550 at The Cage, a PR? The better question is, will you be there to see it?

Friday, 3/1/13 at 2:30pm
    The CAGE, Booth #419
    Last edited by naturalguy; January 16th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.

I bet he gets more than 550.
    DISCOUNT CODES!!!!
    10% OFF BlackStoneLabs - DNUTZ10 - http://blackstonelabs.co/
    20% OFF Prime Nutrition - DNUTZ20 - http://primenutrition.com/

PM me if you have any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    I bet he gets more than 550.
    I bet he does reps with it

Friday, 3/1/13 at 1pm
    The CAGE, Booth #419
    Will he throw poor children in the air too?

Marshall “Freakshow” Johnson is among the latest crop of Animal sponsored powerlifting athletes. Training out of Monticello, Minnesota, Freakshowelite as he's known here on the FORVM is a bodybuilder-turned-powerlifter of epic proportions. This mild-mannered gentleman from Minnesota holds national records in the deadlift, squat and total, boasting highs of a 1074 squat, 705 bench and 810 deadlift in the 275 lb class. When asked about making his debut at The Cage, Marshall replied:

“Since I started powerlifting almost four years ago I have always vowed I would squat in The Cage. This March my dreams will become a reality. I used to tell people I would squat in with Animal, and that I would squat a grand at the Arnold. These two goals suffered much scrutiny from day one. Killing two birds with one stone this March will be sweet, sweet victory.”

Good things come to those who work hard. Welcome to The Cage. Show us and the fans what you are made of in Columbus.

Sunday, 3/3/13 at 12pm
    The CAGE, Booth #419

I bet he does reps with it
    I bet he blasts thru 550... But he said he wuz plannin on doing 200 lb dumbbell presses for reps also...

While we wait for future announcements, sum vids of past CAGE events...

The Cage is coming. There is nothing else like it at the Arnold. This year we are taking things up a notch. The we have many world class lifting events, more than we have ever had before. Of course you can come by and talk shop with Evan "Ox" Centopani, Erik "House" Fankshouser, Frank "Wrath" McGrath & Vinny Galanti.

We will be listing the events from The Cage here in this thread with times and descriptions so you can come by and see the events that you want. It's going to be a wild ride all weekend. This year is the 30th anniversary of Animal Pak so we are doing it big. If you have never been to The Cage before you are in for a treat.
    I never had the chance to lift in the cage, but I love going by and watching when I'm at the Arnold expo.
    very cool and I gotta be aware of what time some of my favorites will be lifting in there.
    Gotta love Animal Pak doing this. Hardcore as they come and great supplements
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I never had the chance to lift in the cage, but I love going by and watching when I'm at the Arnold expo.
    very cool and I gotta be aware of what time some of my favorites will be lifting in there.
    Gotta love Animal Pak doing this. Hardcore as they come and great supplements
    Stop by and say hello when you are there

Scott “Hoss” Cartwright, a grizzled veteran of The Cage, has been known to move massive weights every year under the bright lights of Columbus. Once a professional rugby player and marathon runner, this Sacramento native has become one of the most accomplished powerlifters on the planet, laying claim to more than twenty World and American Records and boasting a staggering 1160 geared squat in competition. He plans to squat a thousand pounds... For reps. When asked why he chose to take on such an extreme challenge, Hoss replied:

“Cuz no one else can do reps with a G.”

Be there on Saturday, March 2nd at 10am to watch Hoss Cartwright back up such a bold claim.

Saturday, 3/2/13 at 10am
    The CAGE, Booth #419

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast