Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOX ON THE RUN PART TWO! A day in the life of bodybuilding enigma Bertil Fox circa 1984

Default FOX ON THE RUN PART TWO! A day in the life of bodybuilding enigma Bertil Fox circa 1984

Thankyou so much Peter, that story was a must read from the era but especially as it's Bertil. We can't see easily past his shadow so as you say it's a look at the time 'before'.

I really hate to say it but that 5th place derailed him. I believe another life would have unfolded and being such a stupid robbery 'people' do have some responsibility. It was fork in the road and I'm sorry Bertil wasn't shown the other path. Second might have made all the difference, but 5th, shame.

On a lighter note I can picture the Arthur Daley era MKII Tranny or maybe it was an old round headlighter.
    Confirm what I already know

Great story but i am a little confused why your doing a story on someone like Bertil Fox(A Double Murderer)yet M.D wont give Lee Preist the time of day for simply speaking his mind and pissing off the powers that be so to speak,A LITTLE TWO FACED IMO.
    I an pretty surten i am going to get trolled on this but who cares it's the truth.

Outstanding Peter! - Still hard to believe that he was placed down in 5th at that '83 Olympia. He was VERY good that night.
    Looking forward to the continuation of this story....and thanks for letting us all borrow the keys to the McGough Story Vault!!

Good Read, Brings back some memories!!!! Thanks Peter!

Crazy thing here is that when Bertil moved back home to St. Kitts to live & open his gym, I performed his Grand Opening Seminar at his Gym/House which faced a Shrimp Bay on a beautiful setting where you could watch wonderful Sunsets daily back in 1997!
    I was picked up by his 20 year old girlfriend, Lioca at the airport and whisked strait to the hotel where I was received by a huge crowd that were Bertil Fox worshippers and Shawn Ray fans!
    I was his First and Last Seminar visitor.

It wasn't long after that the tragic and sad ending to what seemed to be a prosperous beginning and home coming for Bertil turned into a Double Homicide and Life in Prison for a former hero of mine.
    I miss him. He was great in 83 but wasn't a threat to Samir for the Win in my opinion.
    Simply could not show his physique properly ala: Paul Dillet & Gary Strydom.

RIP Lioca & her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

Crazy thing here is that when Bertil moved back home to St. Kitts to live & open his gym, I performed his Grand Opening Seminar at his Gym/House which faced a Shrimp Bay on a beautiful setting where you could watch wonderful Sunsets daily back in 1997!
    I was picked up by his 20 year old girlfriend, Lioca at the airport and whisked strait to the hotel where I was received by a huge crowd that were Bertil Fox worshippers and Shawn Ray fans!

It wasn't long after that the tragic and sad ending to what seemed to be a prosperous beginning and home coming for Bertil turned into a Double Homicide and Life in Prison for a former hero of mine.
    I miss him. He was great in 83 but wasn't a threat to Samir for the Win in my opinion.

RIP Lioca & her mother.
    did you ever get to train with him? i hear his training was pretty intense.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria,ruby View Post
    Great story but i am a little confused why your doing a story on someone like Bertil Fox(A Double Murderer)yet M.D wont give Lee Preist the time of day for simply speaking his mind and pissing off the powers that be so to speak,A LITTLE TWO FACED IMO.
    I an pretty surten i am going to get trolled on this but who cares it's the truth.
    truth

Pro-Primal

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

I was his First and Last Seminar visitor.

RIP Lioca & her mother.
    Shawn - very well written and respectful to all parties.

Great read. Keep it coming, Peter!

Spotter

great physique...also murdered his fiance's mother and herself

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Thankyou so much Peter, that story was a must read from the era but especially as it's Bertil. We can't see easily past his shadow so as you say it's a look at the time 'before'.

I really hate to say it but that 5th place derailed him. I believe another life would have unfolded and being such a stupid robbery 'people' do have some responsibility. It was fork in the road and I'm sorry Bertil wasn't shown the other path. Second might have made all the difference, but 5th, shame.

On a lighter note I can picture the Arthur Daley era MKII Tranny or maybe it was an old round headlighter.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria,ruby View Post
    So you want tales of how Lee Priest banged girls with rolls of quaters? lol

That picture of Bill and Bertil is priceless, excellent story as well.

I was fortunate to see and meet a lot of the 80's bodybuilders when
    I was a teenager. Even though Lee Haney was a much better bodybuilder
    and was in very good shape when I saw him, I was much more blown away
    by Bertil watching him guestpose. It was around that 83-84 era where he was
    just incredibly massive and he was in very good shape too. His arms looked bigger than his
    head in a side like most muscular and his chest was ginormous and striated like crazy.
    He had his shortcomings but when your 16 or 17 seeing something like that up close
    is something you never forget.

Bertil was super thick and massive for his time. I remember when he was winning the Nabba Universe titles when he was in his early 20's. It looked like he would win the Mr. Olympia easily when he finally entered it but it wasn't meant to be. Like Shawn said, he couldn't properly display what he had. He looked like he should have done better in '83 but Samir was really perfect that year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once again great job peter, bertil fox was the original freak nobody ever had muscles that massive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast