Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilding Death Pool 2013. Who do you think will be next?

Even competing natty can fuck up your health- so with drugs it might just speed up the process.
    How bb is different from any other competitive sport in regards to death rate, hard to say. There are multiple deaths reported every year among runners, marathon runners, weight lifters, etc.
    Any competitive sport isn't healthy.

Andreas Munzer, age 30 (supplement combinations)
    Mike Mentzer (heart complications)
    Mohammed Beneziza, age 33 (diuretics and steroids)
    Curtis Leffler, age 36 (heart attack, steroids)
    Hans Hopstaken, age 45 (heart failure)
    Sonny Schmidt, age 50 (cancer)
    Derrick Whitsett, age 37 (heart defect)
    Don Youngblood, age 51 (heart attack)
    Charles Durr, age 44 (heart attack)
    Don Ross, age 55 (heart attack)
    Mike Mentzer age 60, (heart attack)
    Ray Mentzer age 48 (Berger’s disease)
    Denny Gable age 49, (heart attack)
    Jon Pall Sigmarson age 32, (heart attack)
    Gary Kendal age 30′s, (heart attack)
    Grizzly Brown age 41, (heart attack)
    Paul Grant age 60, (kidney disease?)
    Paul Demayo age 38, (drug overdose)
    Fannie Barrios agr 41, (stroke)
    Mike Scarcella, age 39 ( GHB withdrawl, heart)
    Dan Duchaine, age 48 (polycystic kidney disease)
    Danny Gable
    Dave Jonnes
    Ron Thompson
    Ed Kawak
    Eric Otero
    Greg Deferro
    Luke Wood

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Two Mike Mentzer's on that list ?!

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Iron8 View Post
    Damn. I would just stop going to that pool, looks to be some sort of death trap.
    Troll! Mods, ban this troll! He just trolls No Bull all day. Get out of here, Troll! Mods please move this thread to the Pit!

I don't think test is the problem.

Maybe it's the use of fatburners and dieting compounds that would be the issue with the heart. But blaming "steroids" is vague. I think ANY adult that eats a ton of calories, weighs 230 pounds, and uses ECA 4x a day is at risk, and that BBing has nothing to do with that.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by viciousV View Post
    Troll! Mods, ban this troll! He just trolls No Bull all day. Get out of here, Troll! Mods please move this thread to the Pit!
    "By my life or death I swear to protect the citizens of no bull from the hoards that seek to destroy it". That's the oath I took when I became a mod. The adman told me i didn't have to & that it was outrageously unnecessary but i insisted. Why? Well let's just say I found something worth dying for.....you. Every one of you...

The highest numbers of sports-related injuries came from bicycling, basketball, baseball, and running. The largest number of deaths were associated with head injuries while riding a bicycle. Most of these injuries resulted from accidents with motor vehicles due to heavy traffic, poor visibility, or failure to obey traffic regulations. Drowning while swimming was the next most common cause of death, followed by skiing accidents. Swimming where there is no lifeguard increases the risk of drowning if a person should get a cramp, or have some other serious problem. Deaths from skiing accidents occur because of the high speeds involved and the inability to maneuver to avoid obstacles like trees or rocks. Sonny Bono, of Sonny and Cher fame, died of injuries after hitting a tree while skiing near Lake Tahoe, California. His death came just days after Michael Kennedy, son of Robert F. Kennedy, died in a similar accident.

-Off topic here, but I just want to point out some interesting facts I found involving sports and deaths. The athletes involved in these sports died as a direct result from their chosen past time. To this day, as far as I know Andreas Muntzer is the only bodybuilder to have died as a direct result of steroids. Not that bodybuilding is a sport, but the competitors more than meet the criteria to be considered athletes. I sure as hell hope that representatives of these sports aren't putting out death polls. Only in bodybuilding this nonsense is discussed. Gives the term "meatheads" a whole new meaning
    Last edited by bigrgc; February 24th, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

I've said it before elsewhere but I'll repeat it here: take a DNA test. Blood tests are NOT good enough. Your values can test perfect and you can still have a blood clot 6 months later. I was lucky enough to visit professional muscle before I considered starting my first cycle. I read about Maldorf's ordeal and decided to get tested to see if I had any risk factors.. turns out I did. Had I started my first cycle I could be dead now, or in the same situation as Matarazzo and Maldorf (and many more).

Many times people don't listen, but I don't care any more (often I don't even bother reading the replies - haters gonna hate, and people who take me seriously often PM me if they have any questions anyway). I will keep putting this information out there so that hopefully, some day, DNA testing will be something almost everyone does before using steroids... something that every guru out there demands from their bodybuilders before taking them on, and perhaps even as a mandatory thing before being allowed to compete in the IFBB. It would decrease incidences like these a lot.

Some people can smoke 10 cigarettes a day for their entire life and live until they're 90. Others get lung cancer from just being around smokers. I say be smart about the choices you make in your life. I'm not against steroids or bodybuilding. I'm just against uninformed choices... choices that lead to things that could've easily been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit_Racer View Post
    Andreas Munzer, age 30 (supplement combinations)
    Mike Mentzer (heart complications)
    Mohammed Beneziza, age 33 (diuretics and steroids)
    Curtis Leffler, age 36 (heart attack, steroids)
    Hans Hopstaken, age 45 (heart failure)
    Sonny Schmidt, age 50 (cancer)
    Derrick Whitsett, age 37 (heart defect)
    Don Youngblood, age 51 (heart attack)
    Charles Durr, age 44 (heart attack)
    Don Ross, age 55 (heart attack)
    Mike Mentzer age 60, (heart attack)
    Ray Mentzer age 48 (Berger’s disease)
    Denny Gable age 49, (heart attack)
    Jon Pall Sigmarson age 32, (heart attack)
    Gary Kendal age 30′s, (heart attack)
    Grizzly Brown age 41, (heart attack)
    Paul Grant age 60, (kidney disease?)
    Paul Demayo age 38, (drug overdose)
    Fannie Barrios agr 41, (stroke)
    Mike Scarcella, age 39 ( GHB withdrawl, heart)
    Dan Duchaine, age 48 (polycystic kidney disease)
    Danny Gable
    Dave Jonnes
    Ron Thompson
    Ed Kawak
    Eric Otero
    Greg Deferro
    Luke Wood
    Clearly you have never trained clients, trained yourself, nor competed. Diuretics 99 percent of those deaths.

And clearly you must be retarded because you put bergers disease up there. And cancer is related to what again?

I've trained tons of younger men who have had heart attacks.

P.S You should really go down to a cardiac rehab center and educate yourself.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    MMI: We have some guys claiming steroids aren’t dangerous if used properly, while others will say using them is like playing Russian Roulette. Do you personally feel that steroids were a major factor in what happened to you?
    MM: I know it was the drugs that caused this to happen to me and I don’t give a shit what anyone says. All these gurus and self-proclaimed steroid experts that try to downplay the risks are just talking out of their ass. They have no idea what will happen to people. Nobody in my family ever had heart problems. It was the steroids I took for years. Anytime you put a powerful artificial drug in your body you are taking a chance. Most guys think nothing bad will ever happen to them. But you watch – you will be seeing more and more serious heart problems and worse once these guys hit forty.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=1#post1836578

So you're saying because Mike himself says it that is proof? Wow if everyone who came into the courtroom said that...

You have a lot to learn.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Someone pissed in this guy's protein shake this morning

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Portillo. View Post
    Exactly. Athletes die all over the world in all sports. Athletes want to win and will take risks.
    They die from accidents, not drug abuse and obesity.

Banned

I could name a few guys who will pop it in the next 5-10 years but it isn't just the steroid use that has worn down their organs. The substance abuse they have been doing in their post-competitive years will take their toll too. Anyone who has been around long enough knows how bad the cocaine problem is. It's worse than Hollywood or Wall Street, mostly because they're combining drugs into a cocktail hitting the human body from so many angles - steroids, bronchodilators, vasodilators, painkillers, opiates, amphetamines, inhibitors, cocaine, psychedelics, cannabinoids, every damn thing.

Banned

agreed..
    Quote Originally Posted by PhysEd View Post
    I could name a few guys who will pop it in the next 5-10 years but it isn't just the steroid use that has worn down their organs. The substance abuse they have been doing in their post-competitive years will take their toll too. Anyone who has been around long enough knows how bad the cocaine problem is. It's worse than Hollywood or Wall Street, mostly because they're combining drugs into a cocktail hitting the human body from so many angles - steroids, bronchodilators, vasodilators, painkillers, opiates, amphetamines, inhibitors, cocaine, psychedelics, cannabinoids, every damn thing.
    Last edited by Poker Face Ace; February 24th, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Iron8 View Post
    "By my life or death I swear to protect the citizens of no bull from the hoards that seek to destroy it". That's the oath I took when I became a mod. The adman told me i didn't have to & that it was outrageously unnecessary but i insisted. Why? Well let's just say I found something worth dying for.....you. Every one of you...
    Damn it, man. You're dedication and willingness TO DIE for the posters in No Bull is nothing less than inspiring. I'm choked up. TY/Gracias

Cannabinoids it's the lazy killer you never see coming.

^^ Are you serious?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast