Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CrossFit Section

Default New CrossFit Section

I'm not sure who's running the online department at MD but I was just going to suggest a crossfit section. I know it's controversial to bodybuilding but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Bodybuilders actually make really good crossfitters and some of the top crossfitters are over 200#... just sayin.

I'm a crossover myself and taking my bodybuilding training experience into crossfit has been to my benefit. I still do bodybuilding movements like heavy squats and rest sets but the combination has me in really good shape.

Thoughts on a Crossfit section?

How about giving some consideration to starting a CrossFit thread in the training forum and see how much interest there is on MD for CrossFit centered discussions.
    Then think about recruiting others to MD with your interest in CrossFit to generate CrossFit discussion in that thread.
    See where it goes as to it being worth admin/mod time as to setting up and maintaining a separate MD board section for CrossFit.

PrunaGrow.com
    The only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1

Muscular Development Forum Rules

I would tell you exactly what D just did. Start a thread. Use social media to draw attention to it, and see where it goes.

Maybe start a new CrossFit magazine and website, instead of Muscular Development it could be called Joint Degradation.

Just a little sunday morning humor before the CrossFit cult meeting. Don't get your ankle length spandex/lululemon running shorts combo in a bunch.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time, and I already moderate the CrossFit section at muscelweek.com and don't have much time to build it the way I would like. I write fitness articles and interviews for MW, have my own blog, go to nursing school full time, Coach CrossFit, and I'm a contributing writer for WODTalk Magazine. lol, holy cow right?

I just wanted to throw it out there. I've just always loved MD and would be happy to pop in and comment here and there. I was hoping there may be some more people interested like me since it has a much bigger audience than MuscleWeek.
    Last edited by DoubleyaG; March 3rd, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Banned

Yes, it's a good idea. Crossfit already commands great prize money and sponsorship. I have seen some bodybuilding fans try to ridicule it instead of embracing it, because in the future there will be pro bodybuilders who will clean out and go compete there. The money will be too tempting...and the Crossfit girls look great.

Quote Originally Posted by PhysEd View Post
    Yes, it's a good idea. Crossfit already commands great prize money and sponsorship. I have seen some bodybuilding fans try to ridicule it instead of embracing it, because in the future there will be pro bodybuilders who will clean out and go compete there. The money will be too tempting...and the Crossfit girls look great.

I notice muscle and fitness have tapped the CF market and fitnessrxmag is moving that way. I see only positive things if MD opens that door too.

Spotter

How about just join a crossfit forum that already exist, you will probably get better info and more threads. Look at the PL/strongman section here its pretty dead maybe 3-4 new threads a week. Same thing would happen to a crossfit section on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SOY-COMO-SOY View Post
    How about just join a crossfit forum that already exist, you will probably get better info and more threads. Look at the PL/strongman section here its pretty dead maybe 3-4 new threads a week. Same thing would happen to a crossfit section on here.
    Yes I follow a great deal of crossfit things and read other boards. I just have a soft spot for MD. I've been through a fuckton on this board and the MD community has always supported me and I'll always be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by SOY-COMO-SOY View Post
    That is the unfortunate reality and it's why we fear creating more sections.

Let's all get together and discuss Plato! WEEEEEEEEE
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleyaG View Post
    I'm not sure who's running the online department at MD but I was just going to suggest a crossfit section. I know it's controversial to bodybuilding but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Bodybuilders actually make really good crossfitters and some of the top crossfitters are over 200#... just sayin.

I'm a crossover myself and taking my bodybuilding training experience into crossfit has been to my benefit. I still do bodybuilding movements like heavy squats and rest sets but the combination has me in really good shape.

Thoughts on a Crossfit section?
    Good idea, the more interest in cross fitness the more the injury section will get traffic. MD cant loose its win - win.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    Let's all get together and discuss Plato! WEEEEEEEEE
    paleo? lol I actually interviewed Dr. Cordain and I'm someone who doesn't really advocate for Paleo. He is a really interesting guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cochran View Post
    Maybe start a new CrossFit magazine and website, instead of Muscular Development it could be called Joint Degradation.

Just a little sunday morning humor before the CrossFit cult meeting. Don't get your ankle length spandex/lululemon running shorts combo in a bunch.
    You can mock crossfit. We all do.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleyaG View Post
    You can mock crossfit. We all do.
    Thats exactly where it should stay in the laughable comedy section. Probably at on the main stage of a comedy festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Rat AS View Post
    Thats exactly where it should stay in the laughable comedy section. Probably at on the main stage of a comedy festival.
    GTFOver yourself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast