Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ed Connors Remembers Joe Weider

Default Ed Connors Remembers Joe Weider

Good words from Ed Connors. In respect to the words also from Jay Cutler about Joe Weider in another excellent Bourlet interview I think that Ed was, together with Joe, one of the instrumental people in bringing Jay over to California the first time, back in 1993 or something. I remember a picture of Jay outside Gold's Gym then. The sport needs persons like Joe and Ed, who had the ability to spot talent and take them under their wings and support them at a time when these talents really needed it the most, before they made it and started to do well financially. In today's world I guess Steve Blechman is really standing out in what he is doing for the sport. But otherwise these kind of people are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norwegian View Post
    Good words from Ed Connors. In respect to the words also from Jay Cutler about Joe Weider in another excellent Bourlet interview I think that Ed was, together with Joe, one of the instrumental people in bringing Jay over to California the first time, back in 1993 or something. I remember a picture of Jay outside Gold's Gym then. The sport needs persons like Joe and Ed, who had the ability to spot talent and take them under their wings and support them at a time when these talents really needed it the most, before they made it and started to do well financially. In today's world I guess Steve Blechman is really standing out in what he is doing for the sport. But otherwise these kind of people are rare.
    Totally agree with you Per.

Ed is a gentleman -- a real class act.

Excellent interview from great guy.

Thanks for posting this Butch.

Thanks Ed!