Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SHW Max Fairchild Blasts Back in Ronnie Coleman Classic Prep

Default SHW Max Fairchild Blasts Back in Ronnie Coleman Classic Prep

Max,

I know a few years back you became very, very health conscious and expressed a strong desire to leave high-level competitive bodybuilding. What prompted your return?

Dude looks solid

Quote Originally Posted by billmeek View Post
    Max,

I know a few years back you became very, very health conscious and expressed a strong desire to leave high-level competitive bodybuilding. What prompted your return?
    Bill,

being a hypochondriac isn't always a good thing, but it definitely is IMHO when it comes to bodybuilding as I have always felt. That being said, I could go on for pages on this answer, but let me just say that certain health conscious decisions should be made in this sport. First, working with a coach who knows his stuff and cares about the health of his clients is paramount... Someone like John Meadows. Second, regular checkups as far as bloodwork are great, but don't stop there... Seek out a cardiologist as we all should realize that the heart is a muscle as well and act accordingly. Lastly, I will NEVER balloon up again in the offseason! I actually gained a little weight during my prep. I feel staying closer to stage weight is a far healthier way to go.... Hope that answers some questions my friend....
    TEAM GASPARI

Quote Originally Posted by Max32 View Post
    Bill,

being a hypochondriac isn't always a good thing, but it definitely is IMHO when it comes to bodybuilding as I have always felt. That being said, I could go on for pages on this answer, but let me just say that certain health conscious decisions should be made in this sport. First, working with a coach who knows his stuff and cares about the health of his clients is paramount... Someone like John Meadows. Second, regular checkups as far as bloodwork are great, but don't stop there... Seek out a cardiologist as we all should realize that the heart is a muscle as well and act accordingly. Lastly, I will NEVER balloon up again in the offseason! I actually gained a little weight during my prep. I feel staying closer to stage weight is a far healthier way to go.... Hope that answers some questions my friend....
    Thank you for the response Max! I really respect athletes like yourself and John who put such a strong emphasis on health.. It's refreshing to see when you have guys like John O Reagan preaching 'use the kitchen sink and more' approach. Best of luck at the show.

Barbarian

great to see someone new coming on the scene and getting some publicity

This guy looks good!!!

Good luck next weekend Max. Looking great I'm glad to see that you made it back to the stage. I'll see you soon brother stay strong.

Give them hell

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Barth View Post
    Good luck next weekend Max. Looking great I'm glad to see that you made it back to the stage. I'll see you soon brother stay strong.

Give them hell
    Thank you Bryan! We need to catch up bubba! Hope you are well
    TEAM GASPARI

Banned

Good luck man. Looking ready to rock!!! And agreed 100% on the ballooning up thing. Hopefully that was a late 90's to mid 2000's fad that goes away. When I was younger all I ever heard was that because I was 5'10 I needed to be over 300 pounds offseason...I got there...and it sucked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    Good luck man. Looking ready to rock!!! And agreed 100% on the ballooning up thing. Hopefully that was a late 90's to mid 2000's fad that goes away. When I was younger all I ever heard was that because I was 5'10 I needed to be over 300 pounds offseason...I got there...and it sucked!!!!
    Thank you brother! To hell with 'offseasons!' Stay in good shape year round on minimal amounts... (actually what the doctor tells you lol)
    TEAM GASPARI