Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 173 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: For believers only...

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt View Post
    Thanks for avoiding the question, at least i know the answer...
    why don you go ask Mark Dugdale that question? He is a christian
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Jesus: A King who came to serve
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Satan: A servant who wants to rule
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Jesus: saves
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Satan: Kills
    JESUS THE CHRIST

More...
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Jesus: A giver
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Satan: A taker
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Jesus: Uses His powers to help others
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Satan: Uses others to gain power
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Iron Addict

It is too easy to say Satan does this and Jesus does that. Share some examples of what you are referring to. This is a discussion board, bring something forward that is inspiring or teachable from your words and let's talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    It is too easy to say Satan does this and Jesus does that. Share some examples of what you are referring to. This is a discussion board, bring something forward that is inspiring or teachable from your words and let's talk about it.
    Good. I like where this is going...
    JESUS THE CHRIST

For starters, I began to realize that everything we do, everything we watch, everything we read DOES matter. Too many people at work say "Just another day" when you greet them...but Jesus showed me that is really never "just another day". Our spirits are like filters, and whatever we expose ourselves to gets filtered at a smaller or larger degree and starts soaking into our hearts
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    For starters, I began to realize that everything we do, everything we watch, everything we read DOES matter. Too many people at work say "Just another day" when you greet them...but Jesus showed me that is really never "just another day". Our spirits are like filters, and whatever we expose ourselves to gets filtered at a smaller or larger degree and starts soaking into our hearts
    The key to what you are saying is 'filter'. We cannot block out everything that goes on around us because so many times bad things are just in our face. The key then is to use those things to your advantage and turn it around for the good or for the Kingdom of Heaven.
    I remember sharing with some campers at a Salvation Army camp about people and how ugly in attitude some can be. I told them that Jesus sees past the outward shell. No matter if you are a perfect 10 or so ugly that the ugly stick broke in multiple places on you or so intimating that everyone is scared of you. I shared that if a Christian will see through a persons looks and attitude a whole new dimension will open up and you will see with the eyes of faith that which you cannot see in the nature. Jesus did this , in part, with the child who had a demon. Once a Christian learns to see like this it won't matter who is said to you because you are seeing something else. A Christian sees with the eyes of faith and that overcomes the ways the world. This is beginning of what the ways of the world are looking for in Christians. The problem is who is set apart for God in order to see?

The key to what you are saying is 'filter'. We cannot block out everything that goes on around us because so many times bad things are just in our face. The key then is to use those things to your advantage and turn it around for the good or for the Kingdom of Heaven. I remember sharing with some campers at a Salvation Army camp about people and how ugly in attitude some can be. I told them that Jesus sees past the outward shell. No matter if you are a perfect 10 or so ugly that the ugly stick broke in multiple places on you or so intimating that everyone is scared of you. I shared that if a Christian will see through a persons looks and attitude a whole new dimension will open up and you will see with the eyes of faith that which you cannot see in the nature. Jesus did this , in part, with the child who had a demon. Once a Christian learns to see like this it won't matter who is said to you because you are seeing something else. A Christian sees with the eyes of faith and that overcomes the ways the world. This is beginning of what the ways of the world are looking for in Christians. The problem is who is set apart for God in order to see?
    why so many people who get horrified to see news about murder spend so much of their free time watching HORROR movies and other programs that majorly revolve around murdering and injustice? I tell you, there is a lot of crap that I used to watch, and music I used to listen to, that i cant even get near to. It might sound over the edge, i know, and i dont intentionally do that, but something has shifted deeply at the core of my heart.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    why so many people who get horrified to see news about murder spend so much of their free time watching HORROR movies and other programs that majorly revolve around murdering and injustice? I tell you, there is a lot of crap that I used to watch, and music I used to listen to, that i cant even get near to. It might sound over the edge, i know, and i dont intentionally do that, but something has shifted deeply at the core of my heart.
    I understand and what you are facing now is that you must understand and learn how to balance all that you are seeing and experiencing so that your zealousness becomes focused. It is way too easy to begin calling some music, movies, tv shows, news articles, other religious ideas and so forth bad or evil. What you have to do is turn that inside out and find a way to connect yourself with the people around you so that instead of driving them away like being a Pentecostal preacher man ala Rod Parsley, instead, you knock on the door of a persons soul where they are and sow the seed of the Word. It requires patience and wisdom and it has to be learned. We stumble and fall but gotta get up and keep on going.

I understand and what you are facing now is that you must understand and learn how to balance all that you are seeing and experiencing so that your zealousness becomes focused. It is way too easy to begin calling some music, movies, tv shows, news articles, other religious ideas and so forth bad or evil. What you have to do is turn that inside out and find a way to connect yourself with the people around you so that instead of driving them away like being a Pentecostal preacher man ala Rod Parsley, instead, you knock on the door of a persons soul where they are and sow the seed of the Word. It requires patience and wisdom and it has to be learned. We stumble and fall but gotta get up and keep on going.
    So we are supposed to represent Christ without mentioning His name? Thai is exactly why we have these luke-warm churches where christians go once a week to praise the Lord, just to go back out there and behave like the rest of sinners the other 6 days of the week. Their children already lost in a world of celebrities and pop stars, cheap thrills, homosexuality, and drug addcitions
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 4 of 173 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast