Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 173 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: For believers only...

Pro-Primal

Rocky,
    If motivate4change is correct then why do you feel that you can continually condemn everyone to eternal damnation? You claim to be warning people but if you are a true believer then you are levying the most powerful threat you know. If you said that you made errors but were trying to be a better person and believing in God gave you the motivation and confidence to achieve that goal that would be better. You are trying to effect positive change in your life, be open to the foibles of those around you and perhaps then your change will come across as sincere and others may seek your solution to what ails them.

Rocky, have you ever been attracted sexually to another man? If so did you act upon it?
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Iron Addict

The Bible says that Christians should be the salt of the Earth. What does that mean or look like? I believe this starts with conversion to Jesus and the work of the Spirit done in the heart. When it changes a soul it changes the character and thinking. This in turn translates to the outside and the world should see a different person. Something genuine.
    I do not believe it means shouting to God and Praising God and witnessing all the time. That is not 'salt'. This is really just a loud mouth. I find too many times Christians have a loud mouth and want to do something with what they believe but they severely neglect their own heart and their own character. They neglect cultivating a humble heart. One that will admit wrong even if it hurts. This is what the world is not seeing. This is part of why the world becomes Atheistic and agnostic and even says God is nothing more than a myth. Many Christians have missed it entirely. Why is that?

Pro-Primal

Strong post Deadn

I agree. From my perspective I believe if I erred in my beliefs I will not be penalized.
    I believe an omnipotent being would not harbour ego or animosity and would judge me simply by how I lead my life, my thoughts and actions.

I believe anything is possible regarding powerful beings existing in the universe. And who knows all the factors driving every corner of the universe. However, religion and the Bible are wholly a creation of man for his own political, economic and psychological reasons. The Bible is far too narrow in scope to truly represent God - it is too man centric and earth centric to truly represent a God who created the universe.

Believing is great for most Christians but should never be used as justification for hate, discrimination, violence, etc. My Christian friends are exceptional non judgemental quiet people - in short amazing people and if their strength comes from their beliefs then I could never find fault with their churches.

I wish it was acceptable for the Bible to have additions and deletions over time. Man appears destined to evolve and his manual of operations should evolve too.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Primal View Post
    Strong post Deadn

I agree. From my perspective I believe if I erred in my beliefs I will not be penalized.
    I believe an omnipotent being would not harbour ego or animosity and would judge me simply by how I lead my life, my thoughts and actions.

I believe anything is possible regarding powerful beings existing in the universe. And who knows all the factors driving every corner of the universe. However, religion and the Bible are wholly a creation of man for his own political, economic and psychological reasons. The Bible is far too narrow in scope to truly represent God - it is too man centric and earth centric to truly represent a God who created the universe.

Believing is great for most Christians but should never be used as justification for hate, discrimination, violence, etc. My Christian friends are exceptional non judgemental quiet people - in short amazing people and if their strength comes from their beliefs then I could never find fault with their churches.

I wish it was acceptable for the Bible to have additions and deletions over time. Man appears destined to evolve and his manual of operations should evolve too.
    The major theme I would caution you on in your post is what I highlighted. That line would appear to make void 'All of sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God' but yet God doesn't care. The Bible doesn't teach us this at all. He calls us all to to repent and live in righteousness but then you have to define what does it mean to live in righteousness in order to understand what God is calling those who believe in Him are to live. Does this make sense? This is one of the starting points of understanding that Christians are to be the salt of the Earth because the salt is a reflection of the Kingdom of God. When Christians don't live in righteousness then they are only another person of the world carrying a religious banner and doing no good to anybody around them because they don't take care of their own soul while trying to make pseudo disciples just as the Pharisees did.

Pro-Primal

You lost me a bit or misread my intention. Seeking clarification.

If my only sin greater than the Christians around me is a lack of belief would I be treated differently?
    How about if I lived a much truer and sincere life but again my only omission was belief?
    If I sinned but felt bad/apologized is this different than someone who believes seeking forgiveness?

I enjoy learning but as with most I harbor an opinion - if God exists he'll judge the totality of a person's life and deal with them accordingly.

Not sure why everyone thinks that if there is a God, he has some impending judgment to dish out?

If anything, this sounds like the butthurt thinking of man. "My God's gonna getcha!"

You lost me a bit or misread my intention. Seeking clarification.

If my only sin greater than the Christians around me is a lack of belief would I be treated differently?
    How about if I lived a much truer and sincere life but again my only omission was belief?
    If I sinned but felt bad/apologized is this different than someone who believes seeking forgiveness?

I enjoy learning but as with most I harbor an opinion - if God exists he'll judge the totality of a person's life and deal with them accordingly.
    You are basically making the mistake of assuming that just going good deeds is enough even if we reject God in us. That is actually the biggest mistake non believers make all the time
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Not sure why everyone thinks that if there is a God, he has some impending judgment to dish out?

If anything, this sounds like the butthurt thinking of man. "My God's gonna getcha!"
    if you have a bacteria or parasite in your body, your body will automatically react by "rejecting" that virus. That is a lose comnparison to the relationship between a Holy and sinless God and an inperfect and sinful person. Sin and Holyness cannot coexist in Heaven
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    The Bible says that Christians should be the salt of the Earth. What does that mean or look like? I believe this starts with conversion to Jesus and the work of the Spirit done in the heart. When it changes a soul it changes the character and thinking. This in turn translates to the outside and the world should see a different person. Something genuine.
    I do not believe it means shouting to God and Praising God and witnessing all the time. That is not 'salt'. This is really just a loud mouth. I find too many times Christians have a loud mouth and want to do something with what they believe but they severely neglect their own heart and their own character. They neglect cultivating a humble heart. One that will admit wrong even if it hurts. This is what the world is not seeing. This is part of why the world becomes Atheistic and agnostic and even says God is nothing more than a myth. Many Christians have missed it entirely. Why is that?
    I agree but I also feel that too many Christians act too ashamed to mention the name Jesus out in public. They are scared of people's judgement more that Eternal Judgemnet. That is why i respec bold christians like SOJ, who can mention "Jesus" literally every other word LOL...she dont care
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Rocky,
    If motivate4change is correct then why do you feel that you can continually condemn everyone to eternal damnation? You claim to be warning people but if you are a true believer then you are levying the most powerful threat you know. If you said that you made errors but were trying to be a better person and believing in God gave you the motivation and confidence to achieve that goal that would be better. You are trying to effect positive change in your life, be open to the foibles of those around you and perhaps then your change will come across as sincere and others may seek your solution to what ails them.
    I dont condemn anyone to anything...but Heaven and hell are a reality, and the change has to occur from the inside out (faith and belief) rather than from the outside in (doing things that people will praise or consider good deeds)
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Pro-Primal

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    You are basically making the mistake of assuming that just going good deeds is enough even if we reject God in us. That is actually the biggest mistake non believers make all the time
    Why? You need to offer me your rationale.
    And Im not talking good deeds, I am talking about God seeing a persons true character.
    If a person is kind, considerate, hard working, and compassionate then why would God care if they believed in him?
    I think a God would be a big picture kinda guy and not need anyone to praise him. God gave folks intelligence. Higher in some individuals and with it pragmatic reasoning. Is it not sinful to ignore attributes bestowed upon an individual by God?

A petty egotistical insecure God doesn't seem right. Seems man made traits are credited to God for Man's nefarious reasons. That should be an unforgivable sin.

Pro-Primal

I dont condemn anyone to anything...but Heaven and hell are a reality, and the change has to occur from the inside out (faith and belief) rather than from the outside in (doing things that people will praise or consider good deeds)
    Why an overhanging threat of Hell?
    With that you can never deduce if a person is good because they fear punishment or they are actually sincere in their treatment of others.

but Heaven and hell are a reality,

How do you know that? Can you take me there so I can check it out beforehand? If not, it is not a reality, but a fantasy.

Iron Addict

I agree but I also feel that too many Christians act too ashamed to mention the name Jesus out in public. They are scared of people's judgement more that Eternal Judgemnet. That is why i respec bold christians like SOJ, who can mention "Jesus" literally every other word LOL...she dont care
    Rocky
    Religiosity mentions Jesus in every other word. The world has had enough people saying 'JESUS, JESUS, JESUS' and not enough people living in Jesus and thus the reason for my earlier post. If you look into every neo Atheist these days they will knock the bible over and over but in reality that is only a symptom. What has really happened they have probably met too many people saying 'Jesus' in every other word while their deeds and their character show anything but having faith in Jesus.
    It is similar to what some are accusing you of on this board in regards to your past. If you have done wrong in your past and then you have become a Christian you don't want to go around saying 'JESUS' over and over because you become a wack job. It sounds nice and religious because it doesn't mean anything. What means something is the transformation of the heart and mind. Has Jesus changed you? Have people around you noticed that it has changed you? In a good way? If people misunderstand you is it because you haven't changed? Or is it because you are saying 'Jesus' with every other word and you are not being relateable to those around you? It is the difference between salt and religiosity.

Pro-Primal

Deadn,
    Your sober voice makes your messages more poignant. That said, if Rocky is new to the Church and credits that with transforming himself into a better person then I suppose he would be pumped to share his new knowledge with everyone. Youthful exuberance is awesome to see in unbridled passion but can lose its clarity in the emotion.

You are absolutely right. My religious friends are quietly leading by example. But all their positive impact can be summarily erased by a hypocrite. I have been offered to be introduced to God in the kindest of gestures but my decisions and my beliefs have always been accepted and I get judged for who I am.

In the right hands, the teachings of many aspects of religion are positive. In the wrong hands, religion can destroy everything from individuals to entire groups of people.

You can track my musings and see that I try to be kind (sometimes fail), am admittedly biased in my non-belief and in my own belief of what a God would actually be like, relish answers and get upset when religion is used to harm people such homophobic statements or overarching threats of damnation.

Your tag line is very true. Remember when the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it?

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    Rocky, have you ever been attracted sexually to another man? If so did you act upon it?
    Rocky, why won't you answer this question?

Page 6 of 173 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast