Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160161162163164165166167168169170
Results 2,874 to 2,882 of 2882

Thread: For believers only...

Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    What about the loud wording they display on their shirts and their signs? The ones which tend to be taken as in your face?
    I see where you're coming from. If it says something like, "turn or burn," then that can be problematic. However, you know they're fundamental Christian. What annoys me is JW or LDS attempting to look like mainstream until they begin to manipulate with their perverted Scriptures.

To Rock....Not true. Not all skeptics view Believers like some skeptics here. Punisher was a skeptic.... as I was. We did not stereotype or consider Believers, "just stupid." I enjoyed a discourse and intellectual exchange of ideas. While I felt I won most debates when I was an atheist, I certainly could not discount the content of their personal testimony and personal revelation they received from God. In fact, that stuck in my craw so to speak. Some debates may seem as if they have no value, but the debate that happens in a person's heart and mind which you cannot see is a direct result of someone proclaiming the gospel. If anything, Paul of Tarsus teaches us such things throughout Acts and Romans.
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    I see where you're coming from. If it says something like, "turn or burn," then that can be problematic. However, you know they're fundamental Christian. What annoys me is JW or LDS attempting to look like mainstream until they begin to manipulate with their perverted Scriptures.

To Rock....Not true. Not all skeptics view Believers like some skeptics here. Punisher was a skeptic.... as I was. We did not stereotype or consider Believers, "just stupid." I enjoyed a discourse and intellectual exchange of ideas. While I felt I won most debates when I was an atheist, I certainly could not discount the content of their personal testimony and personal revelation they received from God. In fact, that stuck in my craw so to speak. Some debates may seem as if they have no value, but the debate that happens in a person's heart and mind which you cannot see is a direct result of someone proclaiming the gospel. If anything, Paul of Tarsus teaches us such things throughout Acts and Romans.
    Most non-believers regard Christianity or any other religion as a personal/private thing to keep for yourself unless asked about it specifically. They feel that if a believer introduced Christ without being asked he is being too intrusive and disrespectful, and if such a believer is doing this out in public in larger groups than he is just plain 'crazy'
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Most non-believers regard Christianity or any other religion as a personal/private thing to keep for yourself unless asked about it specifically. They feel that if a believer introduced Christ without being asked he is being too intrusive and disrespectful, and if such a believer is doing this out in public in larger groups than he is just plain 'crazy'
    You mean they pick up stones and begin casting them when we preach?
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    You mean they pick up stones and begin casting them when we preach?
    That happens alot figuratively and literally with the college crowd, activists and those who want the 'love' feelings. These days I think the homosexual crowd may be the worst of it.
    Political correctness is America's way to bully others.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    That happens alot figuratively and literally with the college crowd, activists and those who want the 'love' feelings. These days I think the homosexual crowd may be the worst of it.
    They just think it's weird to talk about your spiritual beliefs out in public without being asked first.
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

i do not think it'd weird for me to talk, bout MY JESUS, in front of other, b4 they ask. it come right out of me and if i hurt anyone,as i'm talkin' , i'll asdk for 4givness, b4 i leave that area i'm in. I'M NOT ASHAME OF MY JESUS, PERIOD, AND NO MATTER WHERE I'M AT
    MY KING OF KINGS

Something funny, mean and sarcastic.

I went to church tonight but knowing that the person preaching is usually boring. The message was Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead John 11:27-54. I worked today and was tired so when I got home I took a nap for an hour and that helped. So there I am and we are singing hymns. Behind me is a guy raising his voice sounding like an opera singer. I was very uninspired by it and asked 'why did he choose to sit behind me?' I want to put a muzzle on his mouth. Eventually toned it down and I almost looked at him to see what kind of person has that can of voice coming out of him. EWWW

The preacher comes forward and makes some announcement about camping and says he has never camped in his life. He looks to be about 40. So we stand and read all those verses. He has the monotone of Ben Stein and speaks with a nasally sound like Britney Spears singing. So off he goes preaching and I am reading to take a few notes. My pen sits in my hand ready and it can never really get gone. It wasn't long before I began feeling like Lazarus. I will need a resurrection from the dead soon as he lulles me to sleep or maybe death? So I panned those in front of me to see if they were 'into it'. A lady in front of me to the left was busy taking notes. I thought............on what? Her husband is a Deacon but yet what is she learning from this sermon. Truthfully I could have preached it better then he did........yes I could have.

So then I tried to focus for 5 minutes on what he was saying because my mind was in and out. Maybe I was still tired? Well, he kept saying 'Perhaps' alot which means he is making assumptions. That is not good because that usually means that person isn't sure so he assumes. Since when do we assume in scripture? I think we only assume when something isn't very clear then we can add 'perhaps'. Well, I felt as if I were being taken back to my childhood and wondering if this is how kids may hear the Gospel because it began to sound like that. Nothing very indepth. Just very shallow preaching. In the past I was told that this mans preaching has gotten alot better then it used to because he used to be very boring. Well, if it was that bad I would have more excitement in a WOF service and I wonder if his previous preaching would have driven me in that direction? PERISH THE THOUGHT!

So how did I endure this? I made it through 20 minutes and then the last 10 plus a hymn I actually took out a print out from a FB page and read it. That page was from someone who holds to Orthodox Arianism...........meaning Jesus is not God and read about this persons attempt to show Jesus is not God by using Rev 1 and 22-23 while also using the reference in Exodus to the burning bush. I actually got so 'lost' in reading that that I was oblivious to what was going on around me. I looked up and they were standing singing the last hymn. When it was over I got up and headed for the door before I yawned to someone ............hopefully no one would ask if I liked the sermon.
    Political correctness is America's way to bully others.

question for Cruncher and Deadn- what does the word glory mean in the Greek and Hebrew?
    MY KING OF KINGS

Quote Originally Posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
    question for Cruncher and Deadn- what does the word glory mean in the Greek and Hebrew?
    http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160161162163164165166167168169170