Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 173 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: For believers only...

Default For believers only...

As a born-again Christian, every day is a new day of insight and revelation...I would like to use this thread to share some of the ways Jesus has molded and reshaped your lives, from the bigger aspects to the smaller aspects...thank you for sharing
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Since I have been dead-SAVED, for 12 yrs, now. Jesus has truly blessed me with a 2nd Godly man in my life, since my 1st Godly man, went Home to be with My Lord Jesus, on Christmas night 2005 at 11:37pm-with honors. Jesus has shown me, Who He truly is I got SAVED from death, hell and the grave back in Nov. 21, 2001, at 7:35 n Charlotte, Nc, in my old apartment. Jesus has shown me all the ways, He wants me to live and do the work that He has called me to do, for His glory only and not mine. He has blessed me to be back in the sport of Bodybuilding in Oct. 2006, to share His Word to the lost in a different way, then most would ever think. He also has me doin' His work off the stage as well, and I enjoy every bit of it. here's the best thing ever since Jesus has SAVED me. I get to study right from the MASTER HIMSELF-YHWH-JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys let's share some thoughts...
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Iron Addict

As I reflect on my life from before I became a Christian and after the biggest change in my life is the ability to separate my emotions from my faith. Not making decision based solely on my emotions. It starts with Romans 12:1-2 with me It is one of the lead foundations I used early on because I needed a total change in my life. I was not a drug addict. smoker. boozer or a sex addict. I was very introverted. I really did not like myself inside and as a result it caused me to have an unhealthy fear of others. I has major esteem problems. Not sure why or who it happened but it happened starting around age 14?

When I began to practice 12:1-2 and took it to a devotion in my heart I began to notice little things changing in me from the inside. This slowly pushed its way out and I began to see my world in a different way. I also found that when I began to live by faith rather than what I saw around me I started to get more mature within myself. My decision making seemed to become more intelligent somehow and my answers to questions took on a different meaning.

I lost my fear of people and in the process some chains broke off of me from an emotional standpoint which had me bound very deep within. It actually affected many relationships I had. I seriously doubt some kind of self imaging class would have helped me through any of it.

I can see where God took this piece of clay and molded me the way he did when I allowed it to happen. My journey began in 1990. I took a fall in 1999 and have crawled my way back every since and thus the reason why my nic of DEADn. (deaden)

That is weird way to come to Jesus, and I'm Blessed that U r on Jesus' side now
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    As I reflect on my life from before I became a Christian and after the biggest change in my life is the ability to separate my emotions from my faith. Not making decision based solely on my emotions. It starts with Romans 12:1-2 with me It is one of the lead foundations I used early on because I needed a total change in my life. I was not a drug addict. smoker. boozer or a sex addict. I was very introverted. I really did not like myself inside and as a result it caused me to have an unhealthy fear of others. I has major esteem problems. Not sure why or who it happened but it happened starting around age 14?

When I began to practice 12:1-2 and took it to a devotion in my heart I began to notice little things changing in me from the inside. This slowly pushed its way out and I began to see my world in a different way. I also found that when I began to live by faith rather than what I saw around me I started to get more mature within myself. My decision making seemed to become more intelligent somehow and my answers to questions took on a different meaning.

I lost my fear of people and in the process some chains broke off of me from an emotional standpoint which had me bound very deep within. It actually affected many relationships I had. I seriously doubt some kind of self imaging class would have helped me through any of it.

I can see where God took this piece of clay and molded me the way he did when I allowed it to happen. My journey began in 1990. I took a fall in 1999 and have crawled my way back every since and thus the reason why my nic of DEADn. (deaden)

Iron Addict

The actual day I became a Christian happened during a series of weird circumstances as well.

HALLELUYA! Praise God! That is what I'm talking about right there brother!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Iron Addict

Here is the story of the incident in which I became a Christian.

I was invited to a seminar titled 'Rock music and suicide' in a Southern Baptist church. So I went and invited the only friend I had. Lazarus was his name. No kidding on that. Anyway, we were in the balcony and none of what was being said meant anything to me even though I had got into rock music about 2 years previous. The bands mentioned, I didn't listen to. Jerry Johnston was the speaker.

And altar call was given and Lazarus got up and walked away. I went after him because I didn't want to be left by myself and a bunch of strangers. Lazarus stopped at the bottom of the stairs and for whatever reason I pushed ahead of him and kept on going. I found myself in the middle of a bunch of people who went forward on the call. I thought, 'Ok lets get this over with'. I had no idea what I was doing. Eventually I sat with a counselor who asked me how he could help me. With my naive self I said 'I guess I have sinned because I listen to Metallica?' He proceeded to spend 30 minutes with me walking the Gospel road and explaining the nature of sin and how it affects the heart of man. I eventually was led through a prayed of repentance as well as an invitation for God to change my heart. I felt nothing different after this.

Not long after this I had a few people ask me about going to church. I lived in another town and I wasn't about to go to any Baptist church. In my mind Baptist people tend to be hardshelled and just stuffy in general. No fun to be around.

I went home and the next day I opened up a bible that my dad gave me for Christmas prior to this event. This was March 1990. As I began to read from the 4 Gospels something became ALIVE in me! I wasn't sure what to make of it but it was as if I was pregnant inside by what I reading. I even called an uncle of mine to ask him if he realizes what the Bible has to say. It is this part of my experience coupled with the things that happened afterward to tell me I was born again.

A month later I went to the church I grew up in with my dad. It was the Lutheran church and I went the 2 weeks before Easter. I found the service very boring. Found it very robotic and full of dead mans bones. I could only compare it to what I felt inside and what I felt inside was ALIVE v. what I was seeing in this service. So, I stopped going and told my dad. He was made but I didn't care because I know what I felt inside and I know what I experienced outside. Eventually I found myself going to a Pentecostal church which is the total opposite of the Lutheran church in terms of the way the service is run and how things go. My only disappointment is that I wanted to work in some of the ministries that the Lutheran church had going on around town. I thought they were great but then I knew I would have to abide by their doctrine and way of salvation and I could not do that. I even told my dad that. After that my dad argued with me until his death in 2002. He seemed to have a belief that blended together the catholic church teachings with Jehovah witness. He praised Mother Mary and would say Jesus is Michael the Archangel. I would point out things in the bible to refute it and he would get very angry.

Here is the story of the incident in which I became a Christian.

I was invited to a seminar titled 'Rock music and suicide' in a Southern Baptist church. So I went and invited the only friend I had. Lazarus was his name. No kidding on that. Anyway, we were in the balcony and none of what was being said meant anything to me even though I had got into rock music about 2 years previous. The bands mentioned, I didn't listen to. Jerry Johnston was the speaker.

And altar call was given and Lazarus got up and walked away. I went after him because I didn't want to be left by myself and a bunch of strangers. Lazarus stopped at the bottom of the stairs and for whatever reason I pushed ahead of him and kept on going. I found myself in the middle of a bunch of people who went forward on the call. I thought, 'Ok lets get this over with'. I had no idea what I was doing. Eventually I sat with a counselor who asked me how he could help me. With my naive self I said 'I guess I have sinned because I listen to Metallica?' He proceeded to spend 30 minutes with me walking the Gospel road and explaining the nature of sin and how it affects the heart of man. I eventually was led through a prayed of repentance as well as an invitation for God to change my heart. I felt nothing different after this.

Not long after this I had a few people ask me about going to church. I lived in another town and I wasn't about to go to any Baptist church. In my mind Baptist people tend to be hardshelled and just stuffy in general. No fun to be around.

I went home and the next day I opened up a bible that my dad gave me for Christmas prior to this event. This was March 1990. As I began to read from the 4 Gospels something became ALIVE in me! I wasn't sure what to make of it but it was as if I was pregnant inside by what I reading. I even called an uncle of mine to ask him if he realizes what the Bible has to say. It is this part of my experience coupled with the things that happened afterward to tell me I was born again.

A month later I went to the church I grew up in with my dad. It was the Lutheran church and I went the 2 weeks before Easter. I found the service very boring. Found it very robotic and full of dead mans bones. I could only compare it to what I felt inside and what I felt inside was ALIVE v. what I was seeing in this service. So, I stopped going and told my dad. He was made but I didn't care because I know what I felt inside and I know what I experienced outside. Eventually I found myself going to a Pentecostal church which is the total opposite of the Lutheran church in terms of the way the service is run and how things go. My only disappointment is that I wanted to work in some of the ministries that the Lutheran church had going on around town. I thought they were great but then I knew I would have to abide by their doctrine and way of salvation and I could not do that. I even told my dad that. After that my dad argued with me until his death in 2002. He seemed to have a belief that blended together the catholic church teachings with Jehovah witness. He praised Mother Mary and would say Jesus is Michael the Archangel. I would point out things in the bible to refute it and he would get very angry.
    I read your testimonial thoroughly and I thank you for sharing. I will post some of my own personal experience soon (once I find the right way for my spirit to turn into written words to be clearly understood by natural man). The things that I am about to say are very personal and only SOJ has heard them until now
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Iron Addict

It may be prudent to PM if it is very personal. After all, this is a public forum and this thread is now a sticky and anyone can come and read it.

It may be prudent to PM if it is very personal. After all, this is a public forum and this thread is now a sticky and anyone can come and read it.
    I am not ashamed of my Father and what He has done and is doing with me...are you?
    JESUS THE CHRIST

i have a serious question for you rocky: i've heard that you have to be honest for the right reasons to be able to go to heaven . for example i'm only honest basically because i don't wanna look like a fool if i get caught lying or steeling; but they say you have to be honest because God said so or it's the right thing to do. have you heard anything like that? and if so do you think it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajthemeso View Post
    i have a serious question for you rocky: i've heard that you have to be honest for the right reasons to be able to go to heaven . for example i'm only honest basically because i don't wanna look like a fool if i get caught lying or steeling; but they say you have to be honest because God said so or it's the right thing to do. have you heard anything like that? and if so do you think it's true?
    Glad you came forth with an honest question. The biggest misunderstanding people have about being in Christ is that once you embrace God you embark in a long journey of a life of "cant" and "don't". Especially atheists often assume that we who follow Jesus conduct a life full of prohibitions, guilt, and limitations. But know that there is one thing and one thing only that is required of you to be in God's good side. Faith and obedience, and accepting the sacrifice Christ made for our sins. Once your spirit fully accepts that concept all that other stuff (not stealing, or lying, or cheating, etc) will naturally follow without you even having to struggle. Jesus already paid the price for our sins, now we just have to accept that sacrifice to get saved
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Banned

I know I decided a long time ago to not post in the p & r section, but I feel compelled to tell my story. Long story short I used to be a rebel and during a period of weeks, constant strangers would tell me things like ''you need Jesus'' or ''you need God in your life'', I mean, it was constant and random. At some point it dawn on me that I had to change my life, and I decided to dedicate my Life to God and become a Christian, praise the Lord, Hallelujah

It's feel great to LIVE N JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
    I know I decided a long time ago to not post in the p & r section, but I feel compelled to tell my story. Long story short I used to be a rebel and during a period of weeks, constant strangers would tell me things like ''you need Jesus'' or ''you need God in your life'', I mean, it was constant and random. At some point it dawn on me that I had to change my life, and I decided to dedicate my Life to God and become a Christian, praise the Lord, Hallelujah

Banned

^I agree, Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!!!!

I like this thread.

Page 1 of 173 123456789101151101 ... LastLast