Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173
Results 2,925 to 2,930 of 2930

Thread: For believers only...

  1. #2925
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,537
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    No, it's when he says, "there's somebody here obsessed with their body. They eat, sleep and train it whenever possible as if it's an idol. They get on stages and like it when people look at it and clap. If this is a you, then come up and get prayer for your self love?!"
    So you do believe that the Gifts of the Spirit consist in hearing voices in your head that can tell you who-in a very large crowd-suffers of a particular sickness or disease?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  2. #2926
    Freak of Nature mfcruncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    somewhere very far away
    Posts
    12,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    So you do believe that the Gifts of the Spirit consist in hearing voices in your head that can tell you who-in a very large crowd-suffers of a particular sickness or disease?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Acts 13:2
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

  3. #2927
    Juggernaut SISTEROFJESUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    7,621
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    Acts 13:2
    I can say, i understand what THE HOLY SPIRIT said. very clearly. yet i think others don't hear Him clearly. it's just me tho.
    MY KING OF KINGS

  4. #2928

    Default

    I've been in several situations like that DEADn !!!

    They believe their preaching the word !!!

    but their not, their practicing religion !!!

    There is a giant difference between worshipping God and practicing religion !!!


    Like I told you when we started talking , I grew up in many churches ; repetition and musical hypnosis and the money plate was always the main staple. I remember just sitting and thinking as a little boy, something is off here; no spirit ; repeating a word a hundred times in 10 minutes; contorted faces; incongruent grouchy members ???

    No way this is God or the Holy Ghost is what I thought !!!! Lol






    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    Back in 1993? I attended a small country church for about a year. Probably 40 people max in it. It was an Assemblies of God. I ended up running the sound board, with no experience, and the preaching was so boring that I began to log down how many times he said 'Glory to God', 'Praise the Lord', and' Halleluah'. In 40 minutes it was a combined 159 times. I remember it. Afterward I told a deacon I found it boring. He said 'well he preached the word'. Well, actually when I look back at it he really didn't. He preached what I might call a Pentecostal version of tradition that has some prooftexts involved with those exclamations. There really isn't preaching the Gospel.

    When you can walk out of church having heard the Gospel and the forgiveness of sins then you know you have gone to church. IF you go and all you hear are those mantras along with those words on the bingo chart...............well, it looks like Christianity but when the Gospel and forgiveness of sins isn't preached then it isn't Christianity. It becomes a stripped down version of what should be preached. I can only say this because I have learned what Gospel preaching should sound like..........when you hear more about the persons personal testimony then you do the Gospel there is a problem because church is not about US? It is about God FOR US. When the sermon becomes about us then it fails but when it is focused on God for us then we 'win'

  5. #2929
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,537
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bantamweightchamp2014 View Post
    I've been in several situations like that DEADn !!!

    They believe their preaching the word !!!

    but their not, their practicing religion !!!

    There is a giant difference between worshipping God and practicing religion !!!


    Like I told you when we started talking , I grew up in many churches ; repetition and musical hypnosis and the money plate was always the main staple. I remember just sitting and thinking as a little boy, something is off here; no spirit ; repeating a word a hundred times in 10 minutes; contorted faces; incongruent grouchy members ???

    No way this is God or the Holy Ghost is what I thought !!!! Lol
    God wants you healthy and wealthy

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  6. #2930

    Default

    Amen Rocky !!!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    God wants you healthy and wealthy

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •