Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TENS Unit for shoulder pain?

Default TENS Unit for shoulder pain?

I read an article on livestrong that a TENS unit may help speed recovery. Has anyone else tried this? What was the outcome? I did one session hour and a half session today and the pain subsided while the unit was hooked up.

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

When I was a PT.tech I put them on lots of patients and would use a portable one on myself. Loved it. I felt it helped.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

will it not help if you suggest to any physician as he may have a better idea how to sort the trouble out.. however it's good to get only guesses instead of a solution..

All a tens unit is going to do is relax the muscles. If you do that along with some stretching it probably would help recovery depending upon what it is your are recovering from. I had it when I was doing cervical traction. My wife also used it but her condition was/is worse than mine was. They are pricey though.
    Political correctness is America's way to bully others.

Dedicated Noob

TENS units work by blocking the pain signal at the spinal cord. They may also (initially) help with pain by an endorphin release. Other than that not really much they do. I find that they tend to work better in people who have pain of a spinal origin. Just my two cents, prob not worth spending a lot of money on.

It might not heal the issue but it definitely gives temporary pain relief. I'm pretty sure you can buy them on-line, cheap.

Ive had 3 surgeries on my shoulders and that tens unit didnt help at all

Little Guy

TENS machine can offer pain relief in a number of ways, and can be used in a variety of different areas on your body, each one giving different results than the last. Your doctor can give you some good instruction on how best to utilize your machine, and there are plenty of websites dedicated to helping users place their pads for the best possible results.

how to make hickies

Little Guy

What is TENS unit? Can anyone explain about this procedure?