Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with Aaron Clark!

Default Q & A with Aaron Clark!

After winning his pro card at the 2012 USA's, Aaron jumped right into the deep end of the pool by way of the 2013 New York Pro. He placed a impressive 4th in the 212 division with many arguing he deserved higher. Fast forwarding to today, we are pleased to call him a MD athlete & he is here to answer YOUR Questions!

FIRE AWAY

Saw your recent offseason pics you look great.

WHat does a typical offseason meal schedule look for you?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyO View Post
    Saw your recent offseason pics you look great.

WHat does a typical offseason meal schedule look for you?
    In the offseason I eat almost what I want with certain macros in mind. I have a fast metabolism, so I eat a lot of high calorie food. My protein sources I stick to for the most part are extra lean ground turkey, extra lean ground beef, egg whites, and whey isolate. That being said I have cheat meals daily in the offseason.

Glad to see this thread going, Aaron has a lot to offer.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Clark View Post
    In the offseason I eat almost what I want with certain macros in mind. I have a fast metabolism, so I eat a lot of high calorie food. My protein sources I stick to for the most part are extra lean ground turkey, extra lean ground beef, egg whites, and whey isolate. That being said I have cheat meals daily in the offseason.
    what macros exactly? can you be more specific maybe posting a typical day with meals? we are curious about..

Whats your typical weight split like, and do you usually only work muscles once every 7 days?

Also, what supplements do you use regularly? Protein, pre workouts, aminos, etc?

Aaron, how long do you plan on staying in the 212 division?

at 240 how big do you want to get? and what are your stats at this size?

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    what macros exactly? can you be more specific maybe posting a typical day with meals? we are curious about..
    My offseason isn't very regimented usually... I dont have a written diet right now.

The things I do keep track of are the macros of my pre- workout meal and intra workout shake.
    I have been doing 75g protein with 75g carbs pre, and drinking a shake with 45g protein and 180g carbs during training.

My offseason isn't very regimented usually... I dont have a written diet right now.

The things I do keep track of are the macros of my pre- workout meal and intra workout shake.
    I have been doing 75g protein with 75g carbs pre, and drinking a shake with 45g protein and 180g carbs during training.
    Is that a "assisted" pre/intra protocol? How long have you used this method? Do you use something similar pre contest?

what carbs/protein do you use intra? I remembe you saying you only did it time to time because it gave you digestive problems. Did you find some good sources that agree with you while training?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    Is that a "assisted" pre/intra protocol? How long have you used this method? Do you use something similar pre contest?
    Not quite sure what you mean by assisted? This is only something I would do during the offseason to maximize my caloric intake... Pre-contest I usually drink just water during my training.

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    what carbs/protein do you use intra? I remembe you saying you only did it time to time because it gave you digestive problems. Did you find some good sources that agree with you while training?
    Recently I have been drinking ABB's XXL rtds... They go down really easy for me and are made with whey isolate.

Hey aaron!

What do you think about benchpressing?

Do you rather start with something like incline dumbells instead of the flat bench?

For buildling mass

what meat and carbs do you eat when your prepping for a show?

I know some professionals try to keep slim for guest posings and such in the offseason... Do you stay fairly lean in the offseason, or do you balloon up a little?
    Instagram: Deak007

Quote Originally Posted by giefcalves View Post
    Hey aaron!

What do you think about benchpressing?

Do you rather start with something like incline dumbells instead of the flat bench?

For buildling mass
    I don't have anything against flat benching, but at the same time I feel that dumbells always offer a more natural plane of movement. I don't do much flat benching anymore, but used to... I focus on inclines and dumbells.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast