Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ron Harris and Jose Raymond train chest!

Default Ron Harris and Jose Raymond train chest!

Looking great guys!! Damn Ron you're getting shredded!!

Quote Originally Posted by dadams595 View Post
    Agree. He should be well prepared for both Team U and Masters Nationals.
    Dream big and work hard!

Ron- is the shoulder surgery the reason why you don't come all the way down on your bench press? Is it the same if you do incline?

Ending is the best part. I'd love to see Jose be the last man standing in Vegas at the Olympia.

Spotter

I am a fan of the pre- exhaust as well for just about every part I train especially chest- however, sometimes I wonder if the purpose of the pre exhaust actually contradicts itself... Take chest for example, let's say you pre exhaust your chest because your shoulders and or tri's tend to dominate and take over- Won't they take over even more after a pre exhaust since the chest is already more fatigued then the delts and triceps so it would cause the delts and triceps to work more?

Just a typical over thinking bodybuilding thought.

Another genetic thing you have on Jose...height

Quote Originally Posted by BodyX View Post
    I am a fan of the pre- exhaust as well for just about every part I train especially chest- however, sometimes I wonder if the purpose of the pre exhaust actually contradicts itself... Take chest for example, let's say you pre exhaust your chest because your shoulders and or tri's tend to dominate and take over- Won't they take over even more after a pre exhaust since the chest is already more fatigued then the delts and triceps so it would cause the delts and triceps to work more?

Just a typical over thinking bodybuilding thought.
    They will be helping out more but the chest will have to work a ton harder due to the fact that its fatigued already. Its not the only reason jose does it though, he also does it to get the muscle flooded with blood so the rest of the workout he has a maximum pump. All i know is my workouts feel 10 times more productive when i do it. I may not be able to use exactly the amount of weight i would if i was fresh on bench for example, but i also wouldnt even feel like im getting anything out of it until 2 or 3 sets in. For example, monday i chose to just start with flat bench. Last week i was able to work up to 315 for 6 after 4 sets of pec dec. this week i was struggling with 275 for 6. I just felt cold and sluggish where as last week i was warm and pumped and ready to rock by the time i even got to benching.

Its also a great move for injury prevention, which is really what joses main concern is at this stage in the game. More people would be better served to train similar to this. I love it. Joses right also, sometimes im tired from work and it takes me 4-7 sets of light pre exhaust to even get warm and pumped

ron , was this also in stoughton ?

Banned

you are well pumped up ... just look at the chest of the person in the image looking like getting out of the portion

Loving this series with Ron. Giving really good insight into his training.

ron is very well spoken great video and info thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dadams595 View Post
    Thanks, this was shot over 2 weeks ago and I am a lot leaner now.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by CandleStickMaker View Post
    Ron- is the shoulder surgery the reason why you don't come all the way down on your bench press? Is it the same if you do incline?
    Yes, that is correct. I can lock out fine, but if I take the reps into a deep stretch with any type of press my left shoulder is fucked, and I end up with pain in it so bad that I can't hardly use it for 2-3 days.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    They will be helping out more but the chest will have to work a ton harder due to the fact that its fatigued already. Its not the only reason jose does it though, he also does it to get the muscle flooded with blood so the rest of the workout he has a maximum pump. All i know is my workouts feel 10 times more productive when i do it. I may not be able to use exactly the amount of weight i would if i was fresh on bench for example, but i also wouldnt even feel like im getting anything out of it until 2 or 3 sets in. For example, monday i chose to just start with flat bench. Last week i was able to work up to 315 for 6 after 4 sets of pec dec. this week i was struggling with 275 for 6. I just felt cold and sluggish where as last week i was warm and pumped and ready to rock by the time i even got to benching.
    Exactly. The late Arthur Jones used to write about pre-exhaust and why it was so effective. He even designed and sold a whole series of Nautilus machines based around the principle. Without leaving your seat, you could do leg extensions and presses, lateral raises and overhead presses, pullovers and pulldowns, or pec dec and bench press.

Quote Originally Posted by damien308 View Post
    ron , was this also in stoughton ?
    Nope, random gym that was close to Jose but let us film there. It was a last-minute thing and Jose didn't have much time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast