Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Juan Morel!

As far as chest training goes, what exercises you'd consider a staple in your routine?
    thank you brother

Quote Originally Posted by charles david View Post
    As far as chest training goes, what exercises you'd consider a staple in your routine?
    thank you brother
    The flat and incline barbell pressess

Do you ever use carb drinks during training?

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Do you ever use carb drinks during training?
    No I do not sometimes and this is very rare I might drink a Gatorade

Any advice on how to increase strenght in incline/flat bench press when you reach a plateau?
    thanks again brother

Quote Originally Posted by JUAN-DIESEL View Post
    No I do not sometimes and this is very rare I might drink a Gatorade
    thats the the best time to use them apparently! Especially with your metabolism?

why don't you like them. Just mess with your stomach when training, so you save it for post workout?

Quote Originally Posted by charles david View Post
    Any advice on how to increase strenght in incline/flat bench press when you reach a plateau?
    thanks again brother
    For strength I would just start doing very low reps 3-5 for a few weeks that should bring up your strength on those certain lifts.. I haven't trained for strength in a whole so I can't go into full detail since I keep my reps more in the 8 - 15

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    thats the the best time to use them apparently! Especially with your metabolism?

why don't you like them. Just mess with your stomach when training, so you save it for post workout?
    I'm just against having anything during training I don't belie that you are able to loose any muscle that quick.. I barely drink water while I train I just go in and train after that I eat it works for me.. I also train for about 2 to 3 hour at a time to some that's way to much for me I love it I get in a zone and so far I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was previous offseason!!

Dedicated Noob

Hi Juan
    for mass gain what is your opinion of how many calories should I consume over my maintaince calorie intake which is 2500 calories a day???

I heard different infos for that where some say that 500 calories over maintaince is enough,other says 2000 plus maintaince calories...
    I tried the second one for 4-5 days (4500)and I gained 5 pounds but also fat !! whats your opinion on this ???

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Hi Juan
    for mass gain what is your opinion of how many calories should I consume over my maintaince calorie intake which is 2500 calories a day???

I heard different infos for that where some say that 500 calories over maintaince is enough,other says 2000 plus maintaince calories...
    I tried the second one for 4-5 days (4500)and I gained 5 pounds but also fat !! whats your opinion on this ???
    Wasup bro I honestly think you should experiment and see which is the best for you It is hard to say since I don't know your body.. But one thing I can say is that when your are mass gaining never be scared to add some fat it comes with putting on extra pounds as long as your not getting sloppy you should be fine if you know your the type to put on body fat easily and way to much fat I would just do a mild bulk increasing my calories very slow..

Have you ever thought about training less? Hit it hard and go home and eat. I know so many bodybuilders who later in their career say that when they started training less they had better results than with incredibly high volume and spending 20+ hours weekly in gym.
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Have you ever thought about training less? Hit it hard and go home and eat. I know so many bodybuilders who later in their career say that when they started training less they had better results than with incredibly high volume and spending 20+ hours weekly in gym.
    Yeah that didn't work well for me just cause i do volume doesnt mean i dont train hard i give it my all at every workout and train as heavy as possible on my heavy days... honestly look at my progress since i been competing i have stepped on stage 5 to 10 pounds heavier every year. so if not broke why fix it i know many guys who look and weigh the same every year volume works its just not ment for lazy people.. look at the body builders of the 90 Kevin, Flex, Shawn, all did volume, even Kai is big on volume.. you have to see what works and if something is working dont change it..

I agree with Juan - one thing you can't ever argue with is RESULTS. Maybe Juan's workout program would have you and me horribly overtrained, but his body thrives on it.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

That was great answer! Thank you Juan and good luck in 2014.
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    That was great answer! Thank you Juan and good luck in 2014.
    Your very welcome and thank you!!

I liked your volume Back-workout you did with Jon De La Rosa. Do you always train like that in terms of volume. it was bev francis gym too. Do you a have a blueprint of that wo or do you just go with the flow and pick random exercises? or do you do like a Row, Pulldown repeat? I also notice those seated on floor high-pulley pulldowns who taught you that or told you to implement those. Typically how many sets do you do per ex like in that video and total sets aim for?

Thanks

sammysosa20

when you eat shrimp precontest how many oz's are in a meal?

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast