Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Juan Morel!

Spotter

Glad to see you on here bro.

How can some people get away with eating more and doing less cardio than previous shows and come into shape? i am not accusing anyone of taking such and such stuff as others have pointed out in other forums online as to being the only reason they can do less cardio and eat more and come on stage looking good.

is there something i am not seeing here. the numbers don't add up calories in vs calories out.

like are guys now training more longer sessions to avoid having doing cardio. i just don't get how one can eat more carbs going into a show than their last show and do less cardio. one would think its the opposite that is needed.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin S View Post
    Glad to see you on here bro.

How can some people get away with eating more and doing less cardio than previous shows and come into shape? i am not accusing anyone of taking such and such stuff as others have pointed out in other forums online as to being the only reason they can do less cardio and eat more and come on stage looking good.

is there something i am not seeing here. the numbers don't add up calories in vs calories out.

like are guys now training more longer sessions to avoid having doing cardio. i just don't get how one can eat more carbs going into a show than their last show and do less cardio. one would think its the opposite that is needed.

thanks.
    Ok gonna try an answer this the best way possible... Everyone is different and some people are carb sensitive some are not some have faster metabolism some dont.. Everyone has a different metabolic rate so someone might need 3000 calories to maintain weight while others might need 5000 calories. Forget about the calories in calories out that does not apply to bodybuilders as we focus on protein fas and carbs.. The point is some people have faster metabolism and some don't..

Spotter

i see what you are saying but why would they be doing more cardio and eating less if that is the case. i am specifically talking about people who say were with some previous trainer and that trainer had them eating less calories and doing more cardio and then they switch trainers and this new trainer is having them barley do any cardio and eating more calories but they come in better shape come contest day?? i hate to use the example of such and such giving his clients DNP because i don't have any first hand evidence of this and allowing his clients to do less cardio and eat more, how else can one speed up their metabolism to such extremes to allow this to take form?

i see what you are saying but why would they be doing more cardio and eating less if that is the case. i am specifically talking about people who say were with some previous trainer and that trainer had them eating less calories and doing more cardio and then they switch trainers and this new trainer is having them barley do any cardio and eating more calories but they come in better shape come contest day?? i hate to use the example of such and such giving his clients DNP because i don't have any first hand evidence of this and allowing his clients to do less cardio and eat more, how else can one speed up their metabolism to such extremes to allow this to take form?
    I see what your saying!! But take note that some trainers kill an athletes metabolism by having them do to much cardio and cutting calories.. That's why when they go to a more knowledgable trainer they won't have to eat less and do tons of cardio... There is a lot of factors and I say DNP OR ANY DRUG IS ONE!!

Nobody

hi juan, i have problems to grow my arms.....i have big shoulders,back and chest.....now i do 15 series of tric before train chest and 15 series of bic before back....once a week...what do you think about that? is it good? sorry for my english..... Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jimsyd82 View Post
    hi juan, i have problems to grow my arms.....i have big shoulders,back and chest.....now i do 15 series of tric before train chest and 15 series of bic before back....once a week...what do you think about that? is it good? sorry for my english..... Thank you
    Try my routine I do arms the same day as chest and I do 8 exercise 4sets of tris and biceps and 30 seconds between sets 15 to 20 reps. Ill bet that will make them grow!

Nobody

so you do tris and biceps after chest.....4 esercises with 4 series for each muscle?.........Thank you.......Ill try!!!!

Spotter

thanks Juan for clearing that up i always wondered that one. can one tell if their killing their metabolism and apart from time off anything to keep take in terms of supplements that can reset it faster.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsyd82 View Post
    so you do tris and biceps after chest.....4 esercises with 4 series for each muscle?.........Thank you.......Ill try!!!!
    Anytime
    thanks Juan for clearing that up i always wondered that one. can one tell if their killing their metabolism and apart from time off anything to keep take in terms of supplements that can reset it faster.

thank you.
    You got it!!

Hey juan hope your good, saw your pic you uploaded on twitter...looking Hugeeee! just wondering what your olympia predictions are this year? top 6?

Quote Originally Posted by SAMbennett23 View Post
    Hey juan hope your good, saw your pic you uploaded on twitter...looking Hugeeee! just wondering what your olympia predictions are this year? top 6?
    Wasup brother!! Thank you this is the biggest I ever been I'm excited for this offseason!! As far as my prediction I actually can't even make one these has to be an extremely tuff line up I would say my top 6 in no particular order Jay, Kai, Phil, Victor, Dexter, Ramy, I think it can go to any of them depending who comes in 100 percent and who is off.. And I can have Rhodan in place of Dexter depending who is on out of the 2

Awesome pretty much same as me do you believe in switching and changing your workout routine or sticking to the same exercises each week?

Quote Originally Posted by SAMbennett23 View Post
    Awesome pretty much same as me do you believe in switching and changing your workout routine or sticking to the same exercises each week?
    I keep it the same not a believer in changing workouts or routine if it works why change it!!

Congrats to your boy Akim - yet another pro from your NYC crew!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Congrats to your boy Akim - yet another pro from your NYC crew!
    Thanks Ron we are really proud of him he worked really hard

Watsuppp broothaaa
    As a rule of thumb how do you calculate how many calories you need to consume to maintain your weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by charles david View Post
    Watsuppp broothaaa
    As a rule of thumb how do you calculate how many calories you need to consume to maintain your weight ?
    Sorry to hijack - but there is no way to calculate that. Write down everything you eat, and total up the cals. If you are losing weight, you need to add cals. If you are maintaining your bodyweight, that's the right amount of cals. If you are gaining weight, you know you are eating more than maintenance amount of cals. It's not that complicated.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast