Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Juan Morel!

Default Q and A with Team MD's Juan Morel!

Juan is already proving himself to be a valuable member of TEAM MD! He's ready to answer your questions.

Leave them here!

Spotter

Hey Juan, other than what seems to be a very productive off-season, what changes did you make to your contest prep this time around for the NY pro?

Quote Originally Posted by stupidity View Post
    Hey Juan, other than what seems to be a very productive off-season, what changes did you make to your contest prep this time around for the NY pro?
    For my NY prep this time around i ate way more carbs than i would in the past.. ussually i would diet with around 200 grams of carbs for my prep for the 2013 NY PRO i was eating around 400 - 450 grams of carbs a day 6 days a week and on the 7th i kept my cheat Sundays that i always had.. besides that i didn't change much i did add more volume to my first training session...

How many carbs do you eat in the offseason?

What are you long term goals in bodybuilding?

What movement would you say is most responsible for the roundness of your delts?.
    Also, have you always lifted heavy for shoulders/delts?
    Your listed at 5"11 but you look 6'1 whats you actual height ?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
    How many carbs do you eat in the offseason?
    I dont really count macros offseason i just eat but i would say they are high i eat a lot of fried foods offseason, icecream, burgers, etc so my daily carb intake would be really high.. i make sure i consume 7 meals and at least 50 grams of protein per meal, if i want to have few slices of pizza i have a shake before i eat the pizza to make sure i get my protein..
    What are you long term goals in bodybuilding?
    I want to be competing for as long as i can 15 years or so.. I want to be one of the best bodybuilders in the World!

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
    What movement would you say is most responsible for the roundness of your delts?.
    Also, have you always lifted heavy for shoulders/delts?
    Your listed at 5"11 but you look 6'1 whats you actual height ?
    I do a lot of military presses and side laterals i would say that is most responsible for the roundness to my delts, and yes i have always lifted heavy for shoulders.. my actualy height is 5'11'' i have no reason to lie.. I might seem taller cause of my small joints i'm a natural ectomorph

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Juan Your Thoughts on The Changing of the guard in the IFBB? Jays last Olympia and guys moving on over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Juan Your Thoughts on The Changing of the guard in the IFBB? Jays last Olympia and guys moving on over the next few years.
    not sure what your asking me?

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Just Your Thoughts on the New Guys,You,Evan,Jon,Steve Kuclo moving up the ranks as The older bodybuilders retire!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Just Your Thoughts on the New Guys,You,Evan,Jon,Steve Kuclo moving up the ranks as The older bodybuilders retire!
    I'm glad that I will be able to share the stage with some of the pros that will be retiring as I am a big fan and to me would be an honor and just making my dreams a reality I never thought I share the stage with Vic and I did.. Was a very awesome experience.. As for us new guys I see it going and I great direction as we have a very aesthetic look I think the Flex, Kevin, Chris, and Shawn era is coming back but just 15 to 20 years later and us a bit bigger.. That's my opinion..

Juan -- mint Oreo or reese's pb cup Blizzard -- which is more anabolic?

YAY! your own Q&A!

xoxo!

As far as weight and potential, do you think at 265-270 stage weight with overall improvements that you be a legit top 6 at the olympia?
    Your offseason pic where your super full at 270 look beast mode

Juan, you are still uncertain about next move after Tampa?
    DlewBolsenviciousVSILBB23RMBvillanEvanCentopaniAri esGeorgeForemanRules

What is the most you've ever ate on one of your refeed/cheat days, or post comp?
    I see you throw down foods, but is there one time that stands out as being a little "too much"?

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Juan -- mint Oreo or reese's pb cup Blizzard -- which is more anabolic?
    Reese's PB cup LMAO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyRev View Post
    YAY! your own Q&A!

xoxo!
    NOW IT'S A PARTY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
    As far as weight and potential, do you think at 265-270 stage weight with overall improvements that you be a legit top 6 at the olympia?
    Your offseason pic where your super full at 270 look beast mode
    If i can step onstage 265-270 i think i can def be in the top 6 in the Olympia it's a matter of time before i will be onstage at that weight hopefully next year no rush i want to add the weight the right way keeping my waist tight and lines clean!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    Juan, you are still uncertain about next move after Tampa?
    yeah i def still not sure want to see the outcome at Tampa and how i feel..
    Quote Originally Posted by panbuffman View Post
    What is the most you've ever ate on one of your refeed/cheat days, or post comp?
    I see you throw down foods, but is there one time that stands out as being a little "too much"?
    no set time really stands out i can trow down.. i mean i have eaten for 2 to 3 hours straight without stoping including last week for example last week around 6 i ate chinese food beef and broccoli than went to Mcdonalds ordered 2 triple quarter pounders 2 mcChicken 1 Mcflurry, larger fries than drove home ate ice cream than ate oreos and milk pulled out big bag of tortillas ate with dip and bag of munchies ordered dominoes etc etc by the time i had stopped eating it was around 930 i had to go to sleep sitting up cause i was so full i could not lay down..

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast