Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter McGough on Bev Francis

Default Peter McGough on Bev Francis

That was awesome readin' I met Bev at The As, in 2012, and she is so nice
    MY KING OF KINGS

Enjoyed the article too so why did she not win then looks like the sport lost a good athlete to soon possible down to politics !

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster Neil View Post
    Enjoyed the article too so why did she not win then looks like the sport lost a good athlete to soon possible down to politics !
    that is very true, yet if she competed in today's fbbin' lookin' like that now, she would have won many pro shows.
    MY KING OF KINGS

I was at that show and it was quite shocking to say the least when Bev didn't win. That being said, Lenda was a great champion in her own right.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I was at that show and it was quite shocking to say the least when Bev didn't win. That being said, Lenda was a great champion in her own right.
    This is my point Ron if you and everybody else thought bev won (I don't dispute that lenda was a great champ,she was!!)
    then surly it was nothing but politics which stopped her taking the crown and because of that the fans lost a great champ out of the sport far to early .

Another example of why winning isn't everything. Bev is a Pioneer in the sport of women's bodybuilding, and continues today to provide a place for women to compete in the NPC/IFBB in all divisions. Nothing but respect for the woman who continues to grow the sport & from a current female competitor a BIG thanks to one of the greats.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Bev had that show won. Same with Crevalle in 1994
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Whether you thought Lenda or Bev should've won, Lenda was more marketable, during an era when they were still trying to market it. Lenda was big, shapely and more feminine to look at. If you were to judge it simply on pure bodybuilding, then yes, Bev beat her.

I had just joined Bev's gym as a teenager around or before this time...interesting moment in the history of the sport. Thats when bodybuilding (both mens and women's) was at its peak.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Bev had that show won. Same with Crevalle in 1994
    what ever happen to Laura Crevalle, any way?
    MY KING OF KINGS

Quote Originally Posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
    what ever happen to Laura Crevalle, any way?
    No clue. That would make a good "Where are they now?" Laura was screwed over soooo many times!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    No clue. That would make a good "Where are they now?" Laura was screwed over soooo many times!
    Aceto may know about her they used to be married if I'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by 1Patrick View Post
    Aceto may know about her they used to be married if I'm not mistaken
    True they were married when Chris was a bodybuilder Laura was gorgeous though and Bev what can I say I loved her not only as a wonderfull good hearted person but also she was monstrous and that's why she never won a Ms.Olympia.As pretty as she was back then the judges thought and looked at her cause of her sheer size as a man and that's the Gods honest truth.If Bev were competing with todays standards in size she would of won as many as she liked and wanted.I miss womans bodybuilding back then was such a wonderfull time now a days the only Ms.Olympia competitor I like is Alina Popa and LOOK OUT for her this year last year she placed 4TH and saw her recent video on You Tube and she looks amazing!
    J!E!T!S! JETS!JETS!JETS! Robby & Felicia

Laura C was at a show a few weeks ago and came up to speak to Shawn. I asked him who that was after she left and was so upset I didn't realize it was her. She was one of my favorites back in the day.

She crushed Lenda in 94. The entire crowd knew it. Not sure how Laura lost that show.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

I agree with all that has been said. Unfortunately for the ladies, Bodybuilding and Figure have been so un predictable from the judging stand point as to what the IFBB/NPC want. Bev was by far the best female bodybuilder on the planet hands down. She was stronger than most men in the gym. Laura also was railroaded by the IFBB. There was a time there back in 92 and 96 when the IFBB wanted to try to get Bodybuilding into the Olympics. That's when they tested some of the athletes. Just ask Shaun, he lost his prize $ at the Arnold one year. they were scrambling trying to figure out how to make women's Bodybuilding more appealing the public. This is where figure came into play. But they both evolved uniformly and the look never stayed the same. Its a dam mess. I'm 48 years old and when I think of great female bodybuilders of years ago, Bev is the tip of the sword; she was so far ahead of everyone else at her time, it was as if she could crossed over into a men's weight class and kick some serious ASS. No one has stood out that much ever since she was in her prime. So whatever my 2 cents are worth I think Bev is the greatest female Bodybuilder of all time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast