Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taking diuretics

Quote Originally Posted by D MATT View Post
    How about this; have your prep right, be extremely lean, don't cut water or sodium out completely, don't take a diuretic, and come in lean, dry, and full!!!!
    Out of all my clients 2 dont hold water, the rest will not be looking as good as I can get them without it.

Quote Originally Posted by juicyG View Post
    Noel, what dose of Aldactone would you recommend for those 4 days? I'm seeing numbers anywhere from 25mg to 200mg.
    depends on the person , as low as 25 as high as 75 per day, first time through I go light

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    depends on the person , as low as 25 as high as 75 per day, first time through I go light
    Thanks. Would aldactone not exert any unwanted effects like decreased vascularity/hardness etc. from being an anti-androgen? Or would the dose/time taken not be long enough for that to appear?

I read a few guides where diazyde is opted for this reason instead of aldactone.

Quote Originally Posted by juicyG View Post
    Thanks. Would aldactone not exert any unwanted effects like decreased vascularity/hardness etc. from being an anti-androgen? Or would the dose/time taken not be long enough for that to appear?

I read a few guides where diazyde is opted for this reason instead of aldactone.
    The whole point of aldactone is hardness, aldactone is tricky so diazide would be preferred if you dont know what your doing.

Thank for that Noel, I've been called an idiot several time for trying to explain my bad experiences with diuretics, over course I wasn't as explicit and detailed as you. But your right on the money bro!

If I ever give it another run ill be PM'ing you my friend. For the record, check out my profile and let me know if you'd be interested in a full offseason and prep

Noel,
    What if all you can get is 25mg HCTZ? What would be the protocol for taking that for your prep? I just had a show where I used HCTZ and found it hard to fill out

Great post Noel, thx for the info
    MY KING OF KINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmuscle1234 View Post
    Noel,
    What if all you can get is 25mg HCTZ? What would be the protocol for taking that for your prep? I just had a show where I used HCTZ and found it hard to fill out
    diazide is very eazy, take one the night before a show and see what happens, dont pee much take another 6 hours before a show, watch for flatness, make sure they are 25mg

diazide is very eazy, take one the night before a show and see what happens, dont pee much take another 6 hours before a show, watch for flatness, make sure they are 25mg
    What I had wasnt diazide. I think it was called microzide which is generic for HCTZ

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by D MATT View Post
    How about this; have your prep right, be extremely lean, don't cut water or sodium out completely, don't take a diuretic, and come in lean, dry, and full!!!!
    that's what I was thinking lol just get lean so you don't have to drop water!

bodybuilding sure is a healthy sport

HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and edema. Includes HCTZ side effects, interactions and indications.,

You can get purified sea water from Vitamin world for something like $11/gallon. Mix 3 cap fulls in 24oz of water and blamo, there's your electrolyte combo. Don't drink it straight THEN drink plain water as it tends to hit your stomach like a rock.
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    that's what I was thinking lol just get lean so you don't have to drop water!
    Do you want to win a show or place, diuretics can if used right make you look 10-15% better depending on how much water you naturally hold.

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

The whole point of aldactone is hardness, aldactone is tricky so diazide would be preferred if you dont know what your doing.
    I have a crap load of aldactone prescribe to me to help control HBP..used it for a while but stopped . thought 100mg a day was too much so basically dealing with stress other ways.. Some days better than others

^

They prescribe that crap for female alopecia and androgenic traits...

If you mess up on spironolactone -- you can not eat dig yourself out of the hole per se

Maxizide (not dyazide) is IMO the very best water loss agent one could use -- and just a small amount.

hctz can also over shoot too much and cause too much depletion -- maxzide is the way to go.

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    ^

They prescribe that crap for female alopecia and androgenic traits...

If you mess up on spironolactone -- you can not eat dig yourself out of the hole per se

Maxizide (not dyazide) is IMO the very best water loss agent one could use -- and just a small amount.

hctz can also over shoot too much and cause too much depletion -- maxzide is the way to go.

-Matt
    wow your way off on this one, aldactone is easy to fix and the least flattening, but you do have to know what your doing

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast