Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taking diuretics

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Face Ace View Post
    I think diuretics should be BANNED from use in the sport.. I don't see the reason unless you wanna knock on deaths door
    funny how you always speak in absolutes with zero experience
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Banned

I never knew that you had to have experience with diuretics to know the consequences.. Its like saying for arguments sake "Cocaine will blow out your heart valve" then replying "You have NO idea what cocaine does to your heart"..LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    funny how you always speak in absolutes with zero experience

yes because cocaine and diuretics are very similar
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Banned

Both are drugs.. Both have cause and affect.
    yes because cocaine and diuretics are very similar

Both are drugs.. Both have cause and affect.
    how many times have you seen doctors prescribe cocaine?

Banned

Never just using as an example.. Diuretics are mostly used for patients that have blood pressure issues and to help them take a piss. Bodybuilders are on enough stimulants for a show and are down to hardly any water.. How does diuretics help your kidneys at that point?
    how many times have you seen doctors prescribe cocaine?

ROFL at uriahs delusion and back and forth banter trying to make some ridiculous point
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Never just using as an example.. Diuretics are mostly used for patients that have blood pressure issues and to help them take a piss. Bodybuilders are on enough stimulants for a show and are down to hardly any water.. How does diuretics help your kidneys at that point?
    So is the end problem REALLY the diuretic in your scenario? Or could it just be the "final straw" in a combination of other "extremes"?

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_vision View Post
    So is the end problem REALLY the diuretic in your scenario? Or could it just be the "final straw" in a combination of other "extremes"?
    he doesn't know..he's making this up as he goes

How much sodium do you recommend on the last few days when using a diazide

Banned

Final straw.. (Unless your a top 1-5 Olympia guy who's legacy will be there when they retire) All so you can receive some cash and a plastic trophy w (Does not include funeral cost god forbid).. All so you can shave years off your life and have a CT scan checking your kidneys for further damage.. Reward= A few thousand dollars and a plastic trophy.. Is it really worth it??

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    How much sodium do you recommend on the last few days when using a diazide
    keep sodium in as before, we get a baseline two weeks out

Final straw.. (Unless your a top 1-5 Olympia guy who's legacy will be there when they retire) All so you can receive some cash and a plastic trophy w (Does not include funeral cost god forbid).. All so you can shave years off your life and have a CT scan checking your kidneys for further damage.. Reward= A few thousand dollars and a plastic trophy.. Is it really worth it??
    I am not here to judge why a person competes. The overused saying of getting a plastic trophy and a small bit of cash really is irrevlent to some. They might do it for the goal they set out in life to achieve, not the money or trophy. If you look at life with such negativity and always question "is it worth it", you might not set many goals (not even talking about bodybuilding here).

That was off the topic that you skipped over from my quesiton. It really is just the final piece to taking your body to extreme limits. People who had problems with the diuretics, would they neccesarly have had the exact same problems if they took that while living a more "normal" lifestyle? My point is, its not just ONE thing that is the problem, its a combination of many different things all while in the attempt to take your body past its limits. Is it worth it? I nor you are to judge, what YOU value someone else may not and the other way around as well. Its funny how you essentially put a "price" on if its "worth it" or not. How do you know that the family members of any present or past Mr. Olympias still dont think it was all worth it? Yet in your eyes, if you can get to that level....well then it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by D MATT View Post
    How about this; have your prep right, be extremely lean, don't cut water or sodium out completely, don't take a diuretic, and come in lean, dry, and full!!!!
    Interesting concept.
    "Bring the beauty back!"

I think diuretics should be BANNED from use in the sport and anyone who is found to use it will get a fine and a last warning.. I don't see the reason unless you wanna knock on deaths door
    Interesting concept.
    "Bring the beauty back!"

Hmmm, very interesting concept.
    "Bring the beauty back!"

so noel your athletes drink normal water amounts all the way up until stage time or is water slightly reduced over days leading up to the show.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast