Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taking diuretics

Quote Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
    so noel your athletes drink normal water amounts all the way up until stage time or is water slightly reduced over days leading up to the show.
    No need to reduce water

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    No need to reduce water
    thanks noel! this thread is great, a subject no one EVER talks about. phil hernon was the first to tell me not to fuck with my sodium, every prep guy i have been with has reduced sodium at the end.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Experiment...take pics etc.I have pics with sodium high,sodium reduced etc.Some guys i have helped with Prep look great with sodium in,including day of contest,some look better with it reduced/cut....see what works best for you

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    This is the difference between someone who reads a lot on the internet and somebody who has people taking third in the last pro show.
    The guy who "reads a lot on the internet" looked pretty damn good this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamoto View Post
    The guy who "reads a lot on the internet" looked pretty damn good this weekend.
    I corrected "my diuretic issue" this weekend brother. Made sure I was 4 lbs heavier than Los Angeles.

An FYI for all the great people on this forum who are positive towards the info I give out (simply to open one's thinking), not to talk "absolutes" or my way is the "best" -- simply to chew on some new ideas.

I ALWAYS have used EMPIRICAL experience firstly (as in self-experimentation) then I have always studied my butt off to figure out the "what , why's, and how" the trial experiment might have worked "scientifically."

So sure, I do read clinical studies, sure, I do read text books, and all of the above, but I make sense and logic about what I DO....yes,,,, what I physically endure and first hand go through.

I love you guys.

-Matt

essa matt.jpgmm night.jpg
    Last edited by Matt Porter; August 19th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

^ I would hire you over noel.

Quote Originally Posted by e90 View Post
    ^ I would hire you over noel.
    and i would hire noel. so whats your point? this isn't a contest its a great thread about a subject few like to talk about.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

So Noel, if using Aldactone (Dyazide unavailable) what's the closest out that one can do a trial run/peak in order them to return to homoeostasis in time for their real peak on show day?

Is one week out too close? Two weeks OK?

And what do you recommend to counter cramping on show day aside from pedialite? Potassium containing supp's appear to be a big no-no if using ALdactone to dry out - from Wiki:

"Potassium supplementation should not be administered while taking spironolactone as this may cause hyperkalemia, a potentially deadly condition. Spironolactone often increases serum potassium levels and can cause hyperkalemia, a very serious condition. Therefore, it is recommended that people using this drug avoid potassium supplements and salt substitutes containing potassium."

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YETI View Post
    So Noel, if using Aldactone (Dyazide unavailable) what's the closest out that one can do a trial run/peak in order them to return to homoeostasis in time for their real peak on show day?

Is one week out too close? Two weeks OK?

And what do you recommend to counter cramping on show day aside from pedialite? Potassium containing supp's appear to be a big no-no if using ALdactone to dry out - from Wiki:

"Potassium supplementation should not be administered while taking spironolactone as this may cause hyperkalemia, a potentially deadly condition. Spironolactone often increases serum potassium levels and can cause hyperkalemia, a very serious condition. Therefore, it is recommended that people using this drug avoid potassium supplements and salt substitutes containing potassium."

Also how much pedilyte and for how long..the rest of the night after the show?? and how does pedilyte work to help keep swelling to a minimum ?? I can see it helping with the cramping but the swelling and why would u swell if your using any diuretic? pfft soo many questions, soo many types of diuretics ..so confusing

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    how many times have you seen doctors prescribe cocaine?
    Back before they realized how dangerous it was, a lot of doctors prescribed it. Hell, it was an original ingredient in coca cola.

if you only had aldactone -- I would use nothing.

Counter cramping with sodium.

(whoops still need to 'start my own thread')

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

So far for me what has worked is taking my aldactone (25mg) on wed at 12noon then again every 12 hours and stopping on fri at 12 noon. On fri I cut sodium out from first meal to meal 5. Meal 6 I put sodium back with 2 double doubles from In n Out no salt on fries. Only drink 1 gallon of distilled water on Friday and finish by 8pm. (if I'm not holding much water I'll do 1.5 gallons) Sat morning of show I'll have small 4oz steak, 3eggs, and3 pancakes with butter and syrup. During prejudging I will snack on yam pudding its made with peanut butter honey and cinimum (sp?) eat plain ground turkey. 2 hours or 1.5 hours before I think I'm going on stage I'll eat a regular size snicker bar and small bag of Doritos for one more sodium load. That's about it. Lunch with 24oz of water turkey no seasoning and more pudding for another couple meals then night show where I won't do much cause its over. But maybe I've been doing It wrong. Seems to dry me out though

Quote Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
    So far for me what has worked is taking my aldactone (25mg) on wed at 12noon then again every 12 hours and stopping on fri at 12 noon. On fri I cut sodium out from first meal to meal 5. Meal 6 I put sodium back with 2 double doubles from In n Out no salt on fries. Only drink 1 gallon of distilled water on Friday and finish by 8pm. (if I'm not holding much water I'll do 1.5 gallons) Sat morning of show I'll have small 4oz steak, 3eggs, and3 pancakes with butter and syrup. During prejudging I will snack on yam pudding its made with peanut butter honey and cinimum (sp?) eat plain ground turkey. 2 hours or 1.5 hours before I think I'm going on stage I'll eat a regular size snicker bar and small bag of Doritos for one more sodium load. That's about it. Lunch with 24oz of water turkey no seasoning and more pudding for another couple meals then night show where I won't do much cause its over. But maybe I've been doing It wrong. Seems to dry me out though
    Good Lord!!!! Thats complicating things a bit. But hey if it works for you !!

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    I corrected "my diuretic issue" this weekend brother. Made sure I was 4 lbs heavier than Los Angeles.

An FYI for all the great people on this forum who are positive towards the info I give out (simply to open one's thinking), not to talk "absolutes" or my way is the "best" -- simply to chew on some new ideas.

I ALWAYS have used EMPIRICAL experience firstly (as in self-experimentation) then I have always studied my butt off to figure out the "what , why's, and how" the trial experiment might have worked "scientifically."

So sure, I do read clinical studies, sure, I do read text books, and all of the above, but I make sense and logic about what I DO....yes,,,, what I physically endure and first hand go through.

I love you guys.

-Matt

essa matt.jpgmm night.jpg
    Soo Matt how does your body respond AFTER the show is done and over ?? Some folks have an awful rebound and gain like a ridic amount of wt in less than 48 hours and some not so much, most of which is due to large consumption of foods particularly carbs but does taking any these different diuretics plus the binging contribute to the water wt ...am assuming most wt gained is due to water retention cause from what I've read most folks do gain serious pounds shortly after and I have a hard time believing its from a 48 hour period of gorging . DO you think its a combo of eating/drinking too much plus the diuretics that folks gain soo much after the show ?

In your opinion what is the best protocol to take to avoid this happening too so many that took months to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Soo Matt how does your body respond AFTER the show is done and over ?? Some folks have an awful rebound and gain like a ridic amount of wt in less than 48 hours and some not so much, most of which is due to large consumption of foods particularly carbs but does taking any these different diuretics plus the binging contribute to the water wt ...am assuming most wt gained is due to water retention cause from what I've read most folks do gain serious pounds shortly after and I have a hard time believing its from a 48 hour period of gorging . DO you think its a combo of eating/drinking too much plus the diuretics that folks gain soo much after the show ?

In your opinion what is the best protocol to take to avoid this happening too so many that took months to get there.

This is easy --- its predominantly an issue of water/sodium/electrolyte imbalance.

So for instance -- I can hold a peak post show for shoots/videos etc.. until Tuesday if I chose to. It's a matter of keeping the fluid intake controlled to maintain dryness --because MOST people will at some point cut water or severely reduced amounts for stage peaking.

So -- you would or should have also had plenty of SODIUM around show time and afterwards --- regardless of junk food, even diet foods will have mostly been seasoned -- therefore maintaining dryness would require lowered intake of drinking.

Now -- to get that awful rebound DONE & OVER WITH --> disregarding shoots, etc... get that water and salt back to normal levels ASAP! You will temporarily bloat from homeostasis RESETTING -- but it will only "stick" or HOLD for 12-18 hours before you are pissing like a race horse exrcreting again.

Its funny because even while first drinking tons of fluids again -- you DO NOT RELEASE rapidly -- you are like a sponge hoarding water like a buffalo.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN JUNK FOOD after shows! A meal here and there -- but you want a sure way to cause health issues -- push the junk food

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Question for Noel,

I have never taken a diuretic and took third at my last contest in the open light heavy. I dieted down and was lean every muscle was in and popping I just held a film of water compared to the guy who won my class. I want to be dry that is all I care about this time while competing. I have Pfizer Aldactone 100mg tablets. I am going to be in shape I already am basically there 24 days out. I was planning on doing 50mg Thursday evening, 50mg Friday evening and 50mg the morning of my contest and continuing to drink fluids and salt my meals like normal. Let's say I wake up Saturday morning after 2 days and feel I look perfect how long does this hold for? Since this is my first time trying diuretic should I just try Friday evening and Saturday morning? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like Noel is learning some new things.... I guess he privately had comprehended that my diuretic practice of dyazide OR NO diuretic at all OVER aldacCRAP (aldactone) is the best option.

Mouss (kind of a client of his) says to me " Noel just has me using Dyazide this time -- no aldactone, says it could flatten me" BRAVO!!!!! (claps hands) !!!! Correct Noel.

Ed lopez messages me (kind of a client of his) "Noel has me using JUST dyazide this time" ----Wonderful advice!

They say you can't teach " an old dog new tricks" --- but looks like you can.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast