Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Taking diuretics

Quote Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
    and i would hire noel. so whats your point? this isn't a contest its a great thread about a subject few like to talk about.
    good luck with that. just make sure he remembers who you are
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

I remember in 2001 when Jay Cutler took diuretics and looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    First thing you should realize before taking diuretics is if you have more than 5 pounds to lose on them you have screwed up your prep and taking diuretics will help but they are not going to fix the problem. Losing any more than 5 pounds and the water will be pulled out of the muscle and not only will you not be shredded but you will look flat.

Second thing is you want to drink water on them and leave the fucking salt in, don't over think the diuretic, it knows what to do, you pull salt and water and bingo , flat again and you have wasted your prep.

Lasix, stupid, the only diuretics I ever use is aldactone and diazide and I guarantee my athletes look dryer that the coach that is pushing other crap.

Aldactone you never use more that 4 days or you will go.....flat
    Diazide if used more that 2 days awill also make you flat

Drink water, never stop

you dont need to use very much

as soon as you step off the stage you drink pedialyte,

drink water
    if you have back to back shows you still drink pedialyte and be very careful on the next round
    drink water
    awesome post now I have a few questions if that's ok? would you take a diazide night before the show and morning of? also is there a idea of how much water to take in to salt in take?

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    First thing you should realize before taking diuretics is if you have more than 5 pounds to lose on them you have screwed up your prep and taking diuretics will help but they are not going to fix the problem. Losing any more than 5 pounds and the water will be pulled out of the muscle and not only will you not be shredded but you will look flat.

Second thing is you want to drink water on them and leave the fucking salt in, don't over think the diuretic, it knows what to do, you pull salt and water and bingo , flat again and you have wasted your prep.

Lasix, stupid, the only diuretics I ever use is aldactone and diazide and I guarantee my athletes look dryer that the coach that is pushing other crap.

Aldactone you never use more that 4 days or you will go.....flat
    Diazide if used more that 2 days awill also make you flat

Drink water, never stop

you dont need to use very much

as soon as you step off the stage you drink pedialyte,

drink water
    if you have back to back shows you still drink pedialyte and be very careful on the next round
    drink water
    Do Ya mean you dont need much of the diuretic or much water consumption day of show? and what do you mean be very careful on the next round ..the next round of diuretics ? and again you say drink pedialyte but do u mean sip on it or consume the whole 32 oz they come in after the show and do u drink both water and pedialyte ...

Sorry Noel dont mean to be a butt head but sometimes us meatheads need detailed specifics when it comes to such valuable info that you and matt provide.

What protocol would you recommend for someone who only had Aldactone and HCTZ?

Nobody

excellent thread

Matt-

How do you recommend usage of maxide? thanks!

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

where the heck are YOU MISTER NOEL!! folks got questions answered

Never ever take diuretics, if you do a real diet and do the right amount of salt (sodium) potassium the last week, you will be fine.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567